We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    /signed

I agree totally this should not be allowed to happen it spits on all the long grinds from SoA days upwards for the high tier ranks.

Now any nancy can make a freever and spam the ranks!

/signed

Seems to me Turbine is trying to save money on GM~+'s by not taking any action against fightclubbers. They do not even have to be proactive in finding clubbers, players will do that for them and all we ask is that they act justly on this when there is no doubt it is a true clubbing. This could give Turbine a lot of respect from the pvmp community.

and I don't wan't to hear this &&&& argument that lotro is not a pvp game, there are loads of people playing pve for years now and the amount of effort they have (and hopefully continue to) put into ettens changes shows that there is definately a good deal of turbinepoints being spent on this part of the game. We deserve to be taken just as seriously as the pve-ers, not be slapped in the face by making clubbing a non-offense.
    Felathurin - Agathe - Serindel - Brunty
    Warmonger Brunt R14 Reaver, Blunt "James" Defiler, Nurks Warleader
    Laurelin Server 'C.O.I.N. Caster'
    "Everything in life is vibration." A. Einstein

I quote a GM, who replied to a player who reported a player on Gilrain who uses a multiboxed captain to buff and heal him in combat:

'While multiboxing is unsportsmanlike, particularly in the Ettenmoors, it is not considered a violation'.

Tell me... What IS considered a violation in this game nowadays? Can one only get banned by calling a Turbine employee a poo poo head while exploiting is fine?
    Last edited by Squelcher; Feb 15 2013 at 09:05 AM.

/signed
    Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)
    Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)

Please do not link videos or name & shame anybody. That will give mods a reason to close the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    I believe you have no idea what we are talking about !
    I can assure you that I do and to the contrary, it is you who has no idea what I'm talking about.

Ranking in raid is not a sth to be ashamed or wrong!
    I never said it was. To each his own (that works both ways BTW). What I said was, the day they started giving out 20+ renown/infamy for a raid kill where 75% of the people in that raid had very little to do with the kill(s) is the day rank became meaningless. In case you aren't aware, when the game first came out you used to get like 2-3 points per kill if you were in a raid. Any moron can get high rank just by sponging up the renown now. You can be afk on follow ffs. I'll even take this a step further and state almost every meaningful design decision the pvmp developers have made since as far back as I can remember has encouraged people more and more to raid up and play like total cowards.

And once you realize rank is absolutely and utterly meaningless, you will start to see that it's none of your business if someone pays their subscription to farm their rank in whatever way they see fit.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    rank is absolutely and utterly meaningless
    It isn't.

If you want to sit back while people exploit and let them do it, be my guest, I really don't care about your apathy, but the rest of us want something to be done.

/signed !!!

And once you realize rank is absolutely and utterly meaningless, you will start to see that it's none of your business if someone pays their subscription to farm their rank in whatever way they see fit.
    Trolololo... made my day, thanks!

We might be able to take advantage of the dev Twitter chat which will have PVP devs on it. Also take advantage of Sapience's clear promise to answer the questions that are asked.

But I am not on Twitter, so if someone could do the honours next Thursday that'd be great.

Angry

Agree stop this asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    It isn't.

If you want to sit back while people exploit and let them do it, be my guest, I really don't care about your apathy, but the rest of us want something to be done.

You said it.

Another form of protest is to simply not go out to the Moors until something is done. Yes I mean boycott the pvp zone.

Personally I think the PvP zone should be shut down (for a few months not forever) for a number of issues: clubbing, farming, using freavers as scouts, and the incredibly unhealthy obsession many people have with the place are other reasons.
    Last edited by voalkrynn2; Feb 15 2013 at 11:31 AM.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress? A 4th fix to get Draigoch to "dragon up" that still doesn't fix the persistent bug in the raid is not how I define progress.

We might be able to take advantage of the dev Twitter chat which will have PVP devs on it. Also take advantage of Sapience's clear promise to answer the questions that are asked.

But I am not on Twitter, so if someone could do the honours next Thursday that'd be great.
    Anyone done this yet??? Not on twitter either, texts cost money.

'While multiboxing is unsportsmanlike, particularly in the Ettenmoors, it is not considered a violation'.
    In Football, an automatic 15 yard penalty (or 1/2 the distance to the goal line) is imposed along with automatic first down (If the penalized team is on defense) for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Sadly in the moors, the perpetrator is rewarded with advancement of commendations and infamy/renown gain.
    Bigslick

It isn't.

1. Actually Rank hardly has the same meaning as it did in the beginning of the game as it does now for many reasons including Fcing/Quest turn ins/Gains from kills(compared to past)OP Buffs/Keepbuffs etc.....Today rank 10 is like the rank 5 of old.

2. I enjoy your thread but i will tell you this until they change the rules in the COC it isnt considered a exploit for Fcing and they'd have to start with all the 6,7 and 8 boxers who they let play this game because they pay for it.

3. Lastly I do agree with this thread and stopping it because its B.S.(saying it nicely)how they rank but they(Turbine) needs to step up and change the rules for this and until they decide that we will have to live with the Fcers.

/Signed
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    1. Actually Rank hardly has the same meaning as it did in the beginning of the game as it does now for many reasons including Fcing/Quest turn ins/Gains from kills(compared to past)OP Buffs/Keepbuffs etc.....Today rank 10 is like the rank 5 of old.
    Yep, I am aware that rank is not as prestigious as it was. But you will notice that when/if balance deteriorates again, all those who only came along for the easy ranking will vanish, leaving only the usual suspects behind.

The concept of 'high rank' has not lost its meaning. It has just been bumped up. Such that when R8 was once something of a high rank, R10 is now a starting point for that term.

Yep, I am aware that rank is not as prestigious as it was. But you will notice that when/if balance deteriorates again, all those who only came along for the easy ranking will vanish, leaving only the usual suspects behind.

The concept of 'high rank' has not lost its meaning. It has just been bumped up. Such that when R8 was once something of a high rank, R10 is now a starting point for that term.
    Correct hence my comment its not like before also with other reasons

1. The store(both sides)

2. Store bought skills

3. Ranked brands to those who didnt earn them

4. Armour thats equal for freeps regardless of rank

Make those who EARNED it get something special on BOTH SIDES not because you have money and such.

Bring back the glory days of the moors oh also just balance the moors outright instead of giving freeps OP status for x amount of months the flipping it to creeps or certain classes(FoLm) theres got to be a happy place out there even though i know it wont please everyone but it could please the majority.

I believe that the only clear-cut way of handing back the prestige of ranks, without any massive changes to the glory system, is to simply add more ranks. Although this in itself is complicated for many reasons.

Still, that is irrelevant to the main point which is to DEAL WITH CLUBBING.

I believe that the only clear-cut way of handing back the prestige of ranks, without any massive changes to the glory system, is to simply add more ranks. Although this in itself is complicated for many reasons.

Still, that is irrelevant to the main point which is to DEAL WITH CLUBBING.

Yes lets stop the clubbing by changing the COC so its actually against the rules and make it harder even if they do FC by taking away F2p in the moors(this made it alot easier to FC)

Can you please explain me then, why clubbers farm those ranks??
    R7-R7-R6-R6-R4-R4-R4

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    Plus rep nice follow up

Viriel used "Logic". It's super effective! 22Acacia's intelligence dropped sharply.

+1 rep for you.
    Last edited by Kazuhiro9000; Feb 15 2013 at 08:19 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000086ed1/signature.png]Blackomen[/charsig]

Thumbs up

I decided to make this thread in the interest of making sure that even Turbine cannot fail to see how angry so many are over the clubbing issue that has become a nefarious rot on so many servers. Exploiting in general in the Moors has spread like wildfire and Turbine takes virtually no action against any form of exploiting. Clubbing is an insult to the PVMP community and to those who work for their ranks.

Clubbing was punishable under Codemasters by a complete removal of all ranks from a character after a GM investigation into it. Such a punishment would be a complete deterrant to clubbers to take part in it. It is time for Turbine to actually DO SOMETHING to show people that there are rules of play in this game, yes, even this game.

Turbine put your cash aside and just do the right thing. PVMP is being utterly degraded by this.

I'm going to draw as many players as I can to this thread, and I won't let it disappear quickly. Anyone who is against clubbing, post here and show Turbine that you are tired of it.
    /signed

After Turbine reveal promotions its obvious. Before was for 2 agers (you know they look so nice) and before they clubbed not for rank but for comms (to gear in audicity armour fast, especially if it usefull in pve raids).And some were clubbing for items wnich still got rank restriction (jewellery,cpt banner). That are certain items wnich were obtain by cheating and Turbine seems to not see it.And people who will know that clubbing is not bannable will do it moore often.Some of pvp area items may be very usefull in future pve raids especially if they will be often udated.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0100002de95a/signature.png]Trongash[/charsig]

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast