We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
    I can not agree with this notion enough. Stripping ranks would be an extremely good punishment, too (guess codies did know some of their stuff, huh).
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Since when did everyone start calling farming clubbing? It sounds pretty dumb. I assume you mean clubbing as in fight clubbing. But that doesn't really describe what I think you are trying to describe. It implies a contest between the 2 parties in question. If that is the case, and the creep and freep are genuinely trying to kill each other, then I don't think there's really anything to complain about.

If by clubbing, you mean constantly killing a reaver (or a freep) on a f2p account (or multiple accounts) that you are dual boxing. Clubbing is a pretty silly name for it.

Clubbing is something you do on a saturday night. Not something that happens in the moors. Call it farming. That's what it is.

(Totally didn't read more than the first and last page of this thread. I really hope someone else already brought this up)
    Belegarod - Guard \ Belegarond-1 - Captain / Belegorond - Champion \ Maveryck - Runekeeper / Glaxe-1 - Burg \ Atwo-1 - LM / Jaspir - Warden \ Gladden

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    But this isn't real life. It's a video game.
    Come on. It's not a real life but there are real people behind each screen, and they made the game part of their lives by paying for it.

Let me frame this a different way. Let's say you transfer servers and there are various high ranked freeps and creeps on that server when you get there. Will you care if some of them farmed it? Will it make one bit of difference to your gaming experience if you find out some of the people you're playing against got their rank unnaturally? Will you play them any differently?
    Let me frame this a different way. I'm making an account especially with dedicated free reavers to follow each of your toons just to know at any given moment where on the map i can find you. Then I'm starting to farm you and that reaver. Is it still none of your business?

As stated, I stopped caring about rank long ago when they (Turbine) made it a joke and encouraged everyone to raid up and zerg farm. I suggest you see it for what it is.
    I don't like personnaly what they did encouraging people to zerg, but that is tottaly different league from farming holding still targets. No one is a brainless doll to run straight for that zerg.
    I suggest you to see what's the real difference between zerging and farming, also that the money doesn't necessary open every door.
    R7-R7-R6-R6-R4-R4-R4

Quote Originally Posted by Viriel View Post
    Come on. It's not a real life but there are real people behind each screen, and they made the game part of their lives by paying for it.

Let me frame this a different way. I'm making an account especially with dedicated free reavers to follow each of your toons just to know at any given moment where on the map i can find you. Then I'm starting to farm you and that reaver. Is it still none of your business?

I don't like personnaly what they did encouraging people to zerg, but that is tottaly different league from farming holding still targets. No one is a brainless doll to run straight for that zerg.
    I suggest you to see what's the real difference between zerging and farming, also that the money doesn't necessary open every door.

OK, well, let's leave it on a high note and agree to disagree. You and Andared make good points. I'll stop ruining the thread now.

I'll stop ruining the thread now.
    Thank you.

Wow this thread hasnt been locked yet!

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Since when did everyone start calling farming clubbing? It sounds pretty dumb. I assume you mean clubbing as in fight clubbing. But that doesn't really describe what I think you are trying to describe. It implies a contest between the 2 parties in question. If that is the case, and the creep and freep are genuinely trying to kill each other, then I don't think there's really anything to complain about.

If by clubbing, you mean constantly killing a reaver (or a freep) on a f2p account (or multiple accounts) that you are dual boxing. Clubbing is a pretty silly name for it.

Clubbing is something you do on a saturday night. Not something that happens in the moors. Call it farming. That's what it is.

(Totally didn't read more than the first and last page of this thread. I really hope someone else already brought this up)
    Farming, clubbing it amounts to the same thing, Stat Padding to gain an advantage.
    Last edited by Phakdush; Feb 18 2013 at 12:49 PM. Reason: well that was pointless as the extra words have been deleted
    "Have i got time to go make a cup of tea?"
    Phakdush Baka,
    aka Malaise and Rarulleth.
    Formerly The Gramsfoot Canaries of Withywindle and Cojones de Mitril of Evernight. Visiting Hooligan on other servers.

Guys, chill out, or learn to agree to disagree. Turbine mods are just browsing through this thread looking desperately for a reason to lock it.

/signed

Sort it out turbine.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

After people got caught on Landroval the server community got pretty mad. The players (that got caught) were shunned pretty badly. One or two renamed and transferred, etc.

They couldn't really get groups in the moors or in PvE land and if they spoke up in public channels there was someone there to troll them for a while for being a farmer.

After that they just started doing it to troll the people getting mad about it. Some of us did get mad, but eventually gave up seeing the game maker do no nothing about it. When the farmers were out of tears to run their engines on... they moved on to other things and we haven't seen them since.

Funnily enough these people rarely PvPd. They'd come out, farm and then leave.

So, hasn't this type of 'social justice' worked on other servers? Are people still grouping with them and letting them in the open raid? Are they allowed to stay in their kins? Do people still group with them for PvE raids? As long is it is socially acceptable on your server people will do it willfully.

After that, you will just get people popping up now and again to do it. They get shunned and they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by FarFooFaFa View Post
    So, hasn't this type of 'social justice' worked on other servers? Are people still grouping with them and letting them in the open raid? Are they allowed to stay in their kins? Do people still group with them for PvE raids? As long is it is socially acceptable on your server people will do it willfully.
    You cant call out anyone on this matter,provided the guy you call out is bold enough to report you,you would be the one in trouble Heck i`ve been warned to send any more tickets about a guy clubbing,else id be the one banned. At that point i stopped supporting this game.

But yeah,my server is Clubbers Paradise... Withywindle has clubbers in alot of Kins,totally accepted/defended by majority.. Even those that are against clubbing(or atleast say so) group with them or join their Kinships etc.

/signed - so long as it's done properly. I don't want guilty parties to reap their rewards, but I certainly wouldn't want innocents to be punished either. I am sure Turbine doesn't like clubbing, but it could be rather tricky for them to determine what is, and what isn't, clubbing. That said, perhaps a computer program could monitor kills, and flag a large number of repeats? Would the required resources be too large? I don't know, but weighing the pros and cons, I think it would definitely be worth a try.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000025661a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Happy LotROing!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...vels&p=6679917

Read for the lols. I wish the people posting in that thread checked the Moors once in a while

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by usernamealreadyinuse View Post
    Tell this to a baby seal.

In before the lock.

Is griefing over a player still bannable offence in the game??
    R7-R7-R6-R6-R4-R4-R4

Try to get those answers we want during the Twitter chat, guys.

/signed

Permanent ban needed to stop it once and for all.
    Slapped wrists (warnings) don't work, certain players have had warnings for exploiting landscapes, instances and pvmp and are still beavering away without a care in the world. How is having a 2nd account capt on follow buffing and healing you not an exploit?
    Hairylegs Wvr R11 The Gramsfoot Lawn Tennis Club - Sneaketh Wrg R6 - Lugbasher WL R7
    Markopolo Gdn Lvl 95 (R7 SoA) - Frazzle RK Lvl 95 R5 - Bowlcut Brg Lvl 85 R3 - Hope & Glory

Hey there

Turbine's staff is made up of a bunch of whiny babies who sympathize other whiny babies. You can get banned for saying one swear word in a game that has a swear filter. Yes, their filter is pointless if people have their filters off and complain anyway. It's basically stupid people sucking up to other stupid people. Can you imagine what damage Turbine could do with this rule? People would be snapping pictures of people they don't like killing a Rank 0 and then framing them for farming. Photoshop, Entire groups of players ganging up on someone they don't like to frame them, etc. It's too exploitable. Not because of you, but because of how Turbine operates. Turbine went more soft because of issues like this. I know that from personally experience about 20% of the PvPers on my server are (if I may be as bold as to say) evil. They've done stuff like this before. Maybe your server has better people, but mine doesn't.

Now before you get the impression that I don't think this rule would help, let me stop you. I think it would help, greatly! No doubt about that. The intents are spot on. I do think this would help. But the reason I'm not supporting this isn't because I like people rank farming on servers, but because of how much more damage it would do than good.

I'm not looking for a fight. Everyone has their own opinion on the matter, and this is mine. I'm sure there are many people who both disagree and agree with me. That's great either way I guess. I thought I'd share my thoughts regardless.

P.S. Please call it what it is. Rank Farming.

/Not signed
    Last edited by Graycient; Feb 22 2013 at 03:26 PM.

So, you choose not to sign because you feel that this is a problem resulting from Turbine policy as opposed to player mentality. Thus NOT signing will do MORE good than signing?

I do not see the logic.

Anyway, not surprised that the answers we wanted were not given in the Twitter chat. Dodging the tough questions.

/signed
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    but because of how much more damage it would do than good.

/Not signed
    They have their own logs to analyze. They aren't gonna perma ban someone based on a photo some guy submitted.

Frankly I do not buy into the idea that people would be unjustly banned. It would really just take a GM with a shred of common sense to decide if someone was clubbing or not. Besides, I doubt it would result in many distractions for GMs as once punishments started to be dealt out, people would stop clubbing out of fear of punishment.

This threads blue name responses=0
    Yay, lotteries =8

Coupled with no response in the twitter chat, unfortunately, I think we have our answer.

Very disappointing to see the PvMP community waste this opportunity to take advantage of the dev chat and confront them on the subject of farming. I saw at least 3 question about a new pvmp map (Seriously guys? We're never getting one and there are dozens of better PvMP questions to ask, aside from the farming one), one good one by squelcher, and maybe a couple others on creep class revisions which were okay.

Was turbine simply unwilling to comment on farming, or did we really pass up such a golden opportunity?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Very disappointing to see the PvMP community waste this opportunity to take advantage of the dev chat and confront them on the subject of farming. I saw at least 3 question about a new pvmp map (Seriously guys? We're never getting one and there are dozens of better PvMP questions to ask, aside from the farming one), one good one by squelcher, and maybe a couple others on creep class revisions which were okay.

Was turbine simply unwilling to comment on farming, or did we really pass up such a golden opportunity?
    I asked them about exploiting and particularly about clubbing, but the question was ignored.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast