We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBawa View Post
    For something to be a crime it has to be against the law doesn't it?

If its not against the rules or any kind of agreement then isn't it just a freedom of choice?

Way to blow things out of proportion!
    Kelsan has said that he believed clubbing to be a cheat.

Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't mean it isn't wrong. For example, lying is not against the law in any place I've heard of. Does that make it right?

Actually lying is against the law in the court of law or when under an investigation.

One dev says he thinks its cheating your missing out the key words there. He "Thinks", which only means that one person in Turbine agrees with you. This is far from an official statement and considering there are threads about this ranging back in a span of years, it is apparent he is the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    Just because something isn't against the rules doesn't mean it isn't wrong. For example, lying is not against the law in any place I've heard of. Does that make it right?
    Perjury-A crime that occurs when an individual willfully makes a false statement during a judicial proceeding, after he or she has taken an oath to speak the truth. (The Free Dictionary, 2013. Retrieved from http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/perjury)

Actually lying is against the law in the court of law or when under an investigation.

One dev says he thinks its cheating your missing out the key words there. He "Thinks", which only means that one person in Turbine agrees with you. This is far from an official statement and considering there are threads about this ranging back in a span of years, it is apparent he is the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felajarko View Post
    Perjury-A crime that occurs when an individual willfully makes a false statement during a judicial proceeding, after he or she has taken an oath to speak the truth. (The Free Dictionary, 2013. Retrieved from http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/perjury)
    Lol I know perjury is a crime.

I was talking about lying in the context of lying to a friend, family member, or boss, not lying to the court lol.

So, just to clarify, you find nothing wrong with clubbing?

So, just to clarify, you find nothing wrong with clubbing?
    I'm not sure where you get that from, I do not support clubbing or farming. I admit I am not good at PVP, but I still try, and I will try, the right way. I will not resort to farming or clubbing, even if it is not technically against Turbine's rules. People who are caught doing it should have their character deleted. Simple as that. Otherwise, why have rules at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Felajarko View Post
    I'm not sure where you get that from, I do not support clubbing or farming. I admit I am not good at PVP, but I still try, and I will try, the right way. I will not resort to farming or clubbing, even if it is not technically against Turbine's rules. People who are caught doing it should have their character deleted. Simple as that. Otherwise, why have rules at all?
    Sorry man haha. That question wasn't meant for you. I should have specified that it was for MissBawa. I know you don't support clubbing.

Sorry man haha. That question wasn't meant for you. I should have specified that it was for MissBawa. I know you don't support clubbing.
    Neither does this guy....

I care about senseless persecution.

Everyone has a choice and can /sign and dislike it all they want, in hopes that one day change will come for them. There is nothing wrong with it, even if it takes years.

But until something is changed or an announcement is made, all the other allegations, finger pointing, whistle blowing, and harassment is completely unnecessary to the cause. In fact some of it actually IS a crime. Having rules is a good thing, but to punish people who haven't broken any isn't. If rules are made then this "crime" can be persecuted fairly.

Anyways I am done here. I don't feel like arguing with a hate mob. I just thought that if people wanted to accomplish something here they would skip the bad metaphors and name calling. just /sign your agreement and hope something happens.
    Last edited by MissBawa; Jul 12 2013 at 04:12 PM.

For something to be a crime it has to be against the law doesn't it?

If its not against the rules or any kind of agreement then isn't it just a freedom of choice?

Way to blow things out of proportion!
    Quoting myself, tired of repeating:

Quote Originally Posted by Midgaardslang
    P.S.: Yes, I know in Turbines new world order this ain't cheating, bla, anything, but if you rename "robbery" to "property change" and won't prosecute it anymore, it still stays the same and still offends people.
    And bitd, this WAS a "crime" - punishment: Ban or LTB and rank reset to 0. Until Turbine decided, that cheating is in fact cool!
    Last edited by Midgaardslang; Jul 12 2013 at 04:04 PM.

Victory is ours.

Depends on what the punishments are, rank decrease? or small bans? Time will tell i guess, but i do hope the lose what they clubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    Depends on what the punishments are, rank decrease? or small bans? Time will tell i guess, but i do hope the lose what they clubbed.
    My preferred punishment would be that their character is flogged by the highest ranking player of the opposite faction online, stripped naked, and hanged upside-down from the gates of TA.

Well Squelcher..although they'll never admit it, I do believe the devs finally listened to most players and for threads like this one keeping the pressure on. Well done, it finally paid off. Should never have been allowed in the first place. Even though only a tiny minority farmed, it effected so many others negatively. Hoping this is the beginning of many other good things to come from Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laggus View Post
    Well Squelcher..although they'll never admit it, I do believe the devs finally listened to most players and for threads like this one keeping the pressure on. Well done, it finally paid off. Should never have been allowed in the first place. Even though only a tiny minority farmed, it effected so many others negatively. Hoping this is the beginning of many other good things to come from Turbine.
    Give me my medal.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Victory is ours.
    First we succeeded with Bob the tree.

Now we have broken through with fight clubbing.

Now let's rock the new creep class (Morgul Sorceror) petition.

lost ranks

I logged in after about half year or more maybe,with my monster, just to see my rank got decreased from 12(i think) to 8 now .. Whats the deal ?
    I've done a lot of 1v1 fight clubs , never fought noobs and low characters , it was always a tough, long lasting fight with some of the best server players for those times.

Creep name is Govnar , some of the veterans can confirm I was not cheating, played through many whole nights to get there.
    Last edited by mladjacool; Sep 06 2013 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mladjacool View Post
    I logged in after about half year or more maybe,with my monster, just to see my rank got decreased from 12(i think) to 8 now .. Whats the deal ?
    I've done a lot of 1v1 fight clubs , never fought noobs and low characters , it was always a tough, long lasting fight with some of the best server players for those times.

Creep name is Govnar , some of the veterans can confirm I was not cheating, played through many whole nights to get there.
    Turbine have stated the punishment of farmers is not retrospective. So only those cases caught farming after the rules changed will be punished. In your case this is irrelevant as you say you have not farmed. You should contact turbine if you really think your toon has lost ranks somewhere along the line.

So it is several weeks after Turbine announced that rank farming is now against ToS.

Without obviosly mentioning any character names, do you genuine PvMPers feel that they are enforcing these new rules or not?

Quote Originally Posted by SongSinger View Post
    So it is several weeks after Turbine announced that rank farming is now against ToS.

Without obviosly mentioning any character names, do you genuine PvMPers feel that they are enforcing these new rules or not?
    No.(All quiet on the Ettens Front)

Farmers seem to be much more cautious about their activities. No one is openly announcing their involvement in it and freaver trains are at an all time low. Still, the main source of the problem still exists thus dedicated farmers are still taking clever steps to continue their practice. It's just not as easy and blatant as it used to be, which was our goal.

Without obviously mentioning any character names, do you genuine PvMPers feel that they are enforcing these new rules or not?
    No, not really. Sure, they've all but disappeared in the Creepside chat windows and on the forums now that a rule has been created. But from what I've heard on my server, the forums, and even a few videos I've seen, many players are still rank farming. Of course now the Leaderboards are gone, so it's gotten a bit harder to find them, Makes me wonder if this was part of Turbine's plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    Farmers seem to be much more cautious about their activities. No one is openly announcing their involvement in it and freaver trains are at an all time low. Still, the main source of the problem still exists thus dedicated farmers are still taking clever steps to continue their practice. It's just not as easy and blatant as it used to be, which was our goal.
    ^This.

When a GM refuses to do their job and ban obvious farming (freaver trains, etc), is there someone we can send videos to higher up in the Turbine chain?

There are less people at it but it is still present because Tur(d)bine's GMs seem to be too lazy to take action against anyone who is reported outside of their working hours.

The leaderboards were taken down for a reason.

When reavers are now farmed in the woods, they do not make a noise.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast