We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Enough clubbing is enough.

I decided to make this thread in the interest of making sure that even Turbine cannot fail to see how angry so many are over the clubbing issue that has become a nefarious rot on so many servers. Exploiting in general in the Moors has spread like wildfire and Turbine takes virtually no action against any form of exploiting. Clubbing is an insult to the PVMP community and to those who work for their ranks.

Clubbing was punishable under Codemasters by a complete removal of all ranks from a character after a GM investigation into it. Such a punishment would be a complete deterrant to clubbers to take part in it. It is time for Turbine to actually DO SOMETHING to show people that there are rules of play in this game, yes, even this game.

Turbine put your cash aside and just do the right thing. PVMP is being utterly degraded by this.

I'm going to draw as many players as I can to this thread, and I won't let it disappear quickly. Anyone who is against clubbing, post here and show Turbine that you are tired of it.

Edit: The definition of clubbing:

'Clubbing' as it is known on Gilrain, is referred to as 'rank farming' on some servers. Its name varies but the interpretation of it remains very similar. It is the process of using a character(s) as sources of infamy/renown with which to accumulate huge amounts of points over an extremely short time by comparison to regular PVMP. Unlike normal PVP, the characters in use have no intention of fighting back. In fact, they are typically being controlled by the player who is farming them. This is usually done via a seperate, F2P account. Reavers, being a free class, can be created in virtually any number at no cost, offering a near-endless source of points. Clubbing and multi-boxing often go hand-in-hand.

Note: For the purpose of this thread, I do not consider clubbing and organised 1v1 fights to be the same thing. That is a contentious and highly subjective issue. This thread deals only with the repetitive farming of characters that are not intended by any means to fight back .
    Last edited by Squelcher; Apr 25 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Totally agree clubbing is an insult to the rest of us players who have spent years ranking, along comes a certain clubber and bamn Rank 11 in a month come on turbine do something before this game dies.

Gonna need some clarification here. When you say clubbing are you referring to where one character repeatedly meets up with an opposing character and lets themselves be killed, or are you talking about where freeps and creeps sit around and take turns fighting each other?

The former obviously should be have action taken against it. I've heard CM also tried stopping the latter too, and that I do not agree with.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Pointless even being in Moors or even ranking. Taking the time to do it when someone comes along and ranks up 10 times in a week. Its pathetic and ruining everyone else's time in EM. Do something about it!

Come on Turbine wake up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210100000c957e/signature.png]Woofwoofwoof[/charsig]
    ....Ry....

Not so dear Turbine

Do the right thing for once and fix the clubbing problem instead of making new horses for the store, I can't believe how the quality of staff has changed during the years, other PvP communities would laugh if they would know of this, ignorance like this isn't even possible on major MMOs.

As OP said this kind of action was not tolerated during the Codemasters era, just cut a bit off of the horse model/mannequin budget and END clubbing.
    Already cancelled sub and waiting for changes.
    Last edited by Jureon; Feb 06 2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Cheating. no outher word to describe clubing and it must be stoped, turbine must do something about it before it gest worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Clubbing was punishable under Codemasters by a complete removal of all ranks from a character after a GM investigation into it.

We need this asap.

/signed
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

It's cheating and no different than exploiting an instance. I'm honestly baffled why Turbine has allowed it to continue. Stripping ranks sounds like an excellent punishment, as does stripping comms and any gear purchased with comms.
    [COLOR=#FF8C00][SIZE=2][B]Hromgar[/B][/SIZE], Captain[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FFFFF0][SIZE=2][B]Numenorean Guard,[/B][/SIZE] Landroval[/COLOR]

I am going to continue raising awareness of this cause until some kind of Turbine response is given. Having rules in the game are a given that should be upheld by the developers and their staff no matter what.

I rated this thread as "excellent". I hope it reaches the hall of fame.

oh and /signed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Signed if I we can still ezmode by purchasing what used to be rank gated skills in the store right away.

Unsigned if ezmode is removed.

/sarcasm off
    /grabs popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ilykelowtrow View Post
    Signed if I we can still ezmode by purchasing what used to be rank gated skills in the store right away.

Unsigned if ezmode is removed.

/sarcasm off
    /grabs popcorn
    Easymoding is one thing. Cheating is in a league of its own.

/signed

We can't stay and watch any longer to see people get to a high rank in something like a week (with clubbing) while others grind for months on their character to receive such a rank they deserve at that time.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I agree with the OP.

How about removing the viability of PvP gear as the best PvE gear for classes while we're at it, so PvEers that don't want to PvP don't feel compelled to farm in order to obtain things they need to be the best at their class.

Leave the moors to the people who want to be there and the community will benefit.

Dropping the perma Ban-Hammer on some people and the community will benefit too, even turbine did this in the past with things like Grams exploits, show you actually care about the product you produce again, Turbine.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

/signed

I have not played any other game where similar actions are acceptable. As many have said before, CM did not allow clubbing and Turbine should not either. It's completely againts whole ranking system and anything which is even remotely called a ''fair game''.
    The Middle Earth Legion [EN] Gilrain
    Caranja r9 warg, Urgzum r10 reaver, Pilidin 75lvl guardian, Artharos 75lvl hunter
    [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/y55n.jpg/][IMG]http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8476/y55n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

just popping in to say /signed

/signed

Sick and tired of those clubbers...im not paying to be insulted..... Turbine wake up and do something PLEASE!!!!

P.S : will see the power of PLEASE!
    Last edited by Makawulf; Feb 06 2013 at 02:45 PM.
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Exploiting in general in the Moors has spread like wildfire and Turbine takes virtually no action against any form of exploiting.
    There is a general issue that turbine does not care about blatant exploits.

They have never acted on terrain exploits, dragged their heals over skill exploit abuses, have not addressed farming/clubbing, instead now rewarded those who engage in it. They can't undo those who have already gained from it which in itself is repugnant.

Yesterday someone on our server had they dual account captain on follow on their rune keeper, macro buff/healing. If thats not a blatant exploit; what is? The general consensus was its an exploit but whats the point in reporting it, turbine don't act on exploits.

Just to be clear turbine, a majority of you customers feel you endorse cheating. Great for company image that. If I left this game tomorrow and someone asked what I thought of turbine, my response would be they endorse cheating, nice legacy.

./signed
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Feb 06 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

/signed
    [b]Markorin[/b], dwarf, guardian
    [b]Macko[/b], hobbit, burglar
    [b]Markuilas[/b], weaver

I thought creeps are into all things nasty, evil, bad and otherwise obnoxious?

Joking aside this is a real issue and needs to be stopped (especially when freeps are getting battlefield promotions), so /SIGNED.
    Kaiho R8 Spurgu Puliveivarit
    Ratzo R7 Reaver

signed

Hells yeah! signed! its 1 of the main reasons i dont play creep anymore. start regulating this stuff turbine!

/signed

Too many ways to get around the system, we see freeps on creeps running into fraids feeding them, we see 6 hour long 1v1 circles with the same creep and freep fighting 20-30 times and the same outcome but it's deemed ok because it's at an organized tea party. We see spiders getting 5-6 creeps one shotted but only after certain people tag all the creeps..

It's easier to find another game to play with a company that gives a damn about the customers.

/signed tho if it will do any good...
    What is it? What do you smell?

./signed
    The Fungus-Infested-Tumor-Ridden-Royal-Spiderwarg has come online.
    First r12 Spiderwarg. - Veenom

/signed wholeheartedly
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast