We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Something Something...
    You really need to stop formatting with those huge colorful fonts. You can keep the colors, but please don't post them that big. We can all read just fine if they are smaller.

While we do appreciate the eye openers, you don't need to make them open until they bleed. :P

I tried 2 huntsman t1 pieces and did not get my focus cost reduced. I have bugged it but suspect the issue is that the text for the bonuses are backwards. So I think that the 4 piece bonus on t2 is the focus reduction not the 2 piece. I have /bugged it as not working anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    I tried 2 huntsman t1 pieces and did not get my focus cost reduced. I have bugged it but suspect the issue is that the text for the bonuses are backwards. So I think that the 4 piece bonus on t2 is the focus reduction not the 2 piece. I have /bugged it as not working anyway.
    Did you have Fleetness up? Kind of a simple question but that could have been the problem.

notice how the trapper set has all the crit defense on it? well turbine... the reason we don't trait trapper in raids is that it's USELESS. bosses are immune to CC, negating the whole point of trapper line. rename it into TRACKER of foes and make it give more buffs and a stealth component so it's actually interesting. oh yeah, the other reason we odn't trait trapper is because it's BORING. we roll hunters to D P S. there's already LMs and burgs to CC... and burgs can still dish out hunter DPS with their superior CC abilities.

in addition to my wanting stat increases every level (instead of gaining nothing but morale and power over 50) you should also add crit defense to that list of stats we earn as we level. LOTRO is the only RPG i play that doesn't reward someone for levelling up. and in actuality, punishes us by reducing our DPS effectiveness through that stupid rating system.
    [CENTER]Forgotten_Legend
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527024_10201657307011879_113045648_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper
    [/CENTER]

fleetness was up and neither the tooltip or the rate of focus spent matched it being 2.

Sorry for the stupid question, but where can you get these sets?

Also, do you need the Hytbold armor to barter for these new sets? (I hope not!)
    Last edited by Lasagabaster; Feb 14 2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question, but where can you get these sets?
    You have to complete the new raid on T2, then you can barter for it - presumably with seals and medaillons. The data are from the Bullroarer beta test.

Mark that old seals are transformed to medaillons (1:20) with U10 such that one has to collect seals again from scratch.

There is another triple set on Bullroarer (same name, but without "Greater ...") with only slightly worse stats which is cheaper and not gated by T2. Dunno if you have to complete the raid on T1 for it, but, anyhow, that should not be too hard - at least from the current state on Bullroarer. The 3 separate parts of the raid are brief (10-20 min) and have no locks, so they will be pugged a lot at least in the beginning, and that's also the place to get those seals if you are not in a fixed raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasagabaster View Post
    Also, do you need the Hytbold armor to barter for these new sets? (I hope not!)
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by FinrodMacBeorn View Post
    You have to complete the new raid on T2, then you can barter for it - presumably with seals and medaillons. The data are from the Bullroarer beta test.

Mark that old seals are transformed to medaillons (1:20) with U10 such that one has to collect seals again from scratch.

There is another triple set on Bullroarer (same name, but without "Greater ...") with only slightly worse stats which is cheaper and not gated by T2. Dunno if you have to complete the raid on T1 for it, but, anyhow, that should not be too hard - at least from the current state on Bullroarer. The 3 separate parts of the raid are brief (10-20 min) and have no locks, so they will be pugged a lot at least in the beginning, and that's also the place to get those seals if you are not in a fixed raid group.

No.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FinrodMacBeorn View Post

No.
    I've already posted the other set and yes they are t1 gated. I'll post again

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    These are the t2 sets, the t1 sets have only the 2 piece bonus, below are the t1 sets:

Bowmaster:

Huntsman:

Trapper:

Well, sorry to ruin everyone's day but:

In the newest BR build

In one word: Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldin View Post

In the newest BR build
    and they moved the OLD huntsman bonus onto the bowmaster set, in addition to the resetting HS bonus. &&&? i thought removing inductions would play better with huntsman, since huntsman is supposed to be about MOBILITY. but then again, huntsman seems to be the only way to go for raids now, with the power reductions, so why not help us lower those nemesii mitigations as well? /brainstorm off
    [CENTER]Forgotten_Legend
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527024_10201657307011879_113045648_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper
    [/CENTER]

Of course it was too good to last.

Had your hopes up didn't you?

There is no hope when everything goes according to plan:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ording-to-Plan

In the newest BR build
    To be fair the huntsman set was OP - This does make it a little more balanced IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Waylen View Post
    To be fair the huntsman set was OP - This does make it a little more balanced IMO
    Because we are that close to being OP right?

right?

For Blue-Line Fleetness hunters-wouldnt you just go 2-2-2. 2 erebor huntsman-2 hytbold huntsman-2 hytbold bowmaster. I mean i dont think the higher stats on the new gear would be worth losing the +5% crit Mult, -10% inductions and the -1 focus cost to pen/blood. Am I missing something.

Prob just get the new huntsman shoulders and pants.
    Last edited by CAL88; Feb 21 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Of course they would nerf the set bonus, but as log as they don't touch the Faron-like bonus, I'm a happy hunter, as far as the set bonus goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Because we are that close to being OP right?

right?
    I'm not saying that hunters are OP I'm saying the the 2 set huntsman bonus is way better then anything else and the change balances the armour set's a little.

2 huntsman 4 bowmaster for pve pen shot spam increasing the proc rate to get instant cast hs can someone say hs spam? For pvp 2 precision 4 bowmaster 35k mastery 15k morale with some nice crit defense heal procs from the ring can anyone say huge buff for hunters or are we still complaining about the nerfs to power restore skills lawl and @5 audacity is about 15% + tome of defense for +10% you are losing 5% damage reduction for insane amount of mastery and free instant hs to kb steal? thanks for playing and welcome back to moria hunters.

Couldn't you just equip 4 Greater Erebor Huntsman and 2 Erebor Huntsman for ludicrous Pen Shot spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post
    Couldn't you just equip 4 Greater Erebor Huntsman and 2 Erebor Huntsman for ludicrous Pen Shot spam?
    As far as I know, these bonuses do not stack. At least someone on the Bullroarer forum stated (if I remember correctly) that the faron 4 pieces bonus did not stack with the Erebor Huntsman's 2 pieces bonus, so I believe 2 pieces from Erebor Huntsman's should not stack with Greater Erebor's one.

And I have to confess I really hope it does not, as that would be extremelly overpowered and would turn the class into a single button smashing bot :/
    Last edited by Gabli; Mar 04 2013 at 05:45 PM.

the focus reduction doesn't stack it simply sets the focus cost to 2 rather than reduce by one as said. So its

Cost = 2;

not

Cost = Cost - 1;

and therefore doesn't stack I tried on BR with greater erebor and erebor huntsman it didn't stack at all. If they did stack it would be ridiculously overpowered and would make pulling aggro ridiculously easy.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    the focus reduction doesn't stack it simply sets the focus cost to 2 rather than reduce by one as said. So its

Cost = 2;

not

Cost = Cost - 1;

and therefore doesn't stack I tried on BR with greater erebor and erebor huntsman it didn't stack at all. If they did stack it would be ridiculously overpowered and would make pulling aggro ridiculously easy.
    Alas, my hopes and dreams have been crushed! Crushed, I tell you!

just going to say, 4 huntsman for the pen shot spam + mitigation bonus + 2 of the moors pieces that also give -15% pen shot mitigation + the red pen shot mitigation trait

have fun

Damn all those posts made me even more confused. I have no idea what to equip. That's such a headache.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast