We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hunter Raid Armour Sets

Here are the new armour sets.

Cosmetically ^

1. Huntsman

2. Bowmaster

3. Trapper

[center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Holy cow.....I hope the cosmetics are a placeholder. That looks pathetic

I can only drool at the stats right now, as I'm jst about to hit 80

Thanks for posting this!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000257c9e/signature.png]Machaela[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/home/character/2208351/146929937845419166/[/url]

Im gonna go for 4 huntsman pieces and helmet+boots from trapper set or maybe a 2/2/2 build. Either way it will give me 3 very nice bonuses and some crit defence
    Last edited by grapez; Feb 06 2013 at 10:19 AM.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

Quote Originally Posted by Machael View Post
    Holy cow.....I hope the cosmetics are a placeholder. That looks pathetic

I can only drool at the stats right now, as I'm jst about to hit 80

Thanks for posting this!

I agree, it does leave quite a bit to be desired but the set bonuses (at least for the Huntsman set) makes up for it.

I'm thinking 4 Huntsman/ 2 Bowmaster maybe? I can't wait till these go live.
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Wow, sweet bonuses! I heard something about there being two sets like OD, one for t1 and one for t2, any info on that?

I hope they fix the bowmaster 4 set, as its exactly like the huntsmans except that it only makes one skill inductionless. Trapper set is really interesting. If they swap bowmaster to maybe focus cost of merciful shot to 3 focus, I might consider 4bow/2hunts but for now I agree that 4hunts/2bow looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulubeast View Post
    Wow, sweet bonuses! I heard something about there being two sets like OD, one for t1 and one for t2, any info on that?

I hope they fix the bowmaster 4 set, as its exactly like the huntsmans except that it only makes one skill inductionless. Trapper set is really interesting. If they swap bowmaster to maybe focus cost of merciful shot to 3 focus, I might consider 4bow/2hunts but for now I agree that 4hunts/2bow looks really good.
    These are the t2 sets, the t1 sets have only the 2 piece bonus, below are the t1 sets:

Bowmaster:

Huntsman:

Trapper:

Last edited by QueenArleth; Feb 06 2013 at 11:42 AM.
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    These are the t2 sets, the t1 sets have only the 2 piece bonus, below are the t1 sets:
    Hmm cool, looks like 2/2/2 for a bit. Those are all skirm barters correct?

Hmm cool, looks like 2/2/2 for a bit. Those are all skirm barters correct?
    Correct. Marks, medallions and seals for t1, then special barter items from the instances along with the t1 armour to trade in for t2.
    [/center]

Dang these sets look really nice. The set bonuses upgrading when you complete T2 raids are very interesting.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

The Bowmaster 4 set bonus is pretty much pointless. How they could not see that is baffling , really.

I'll get 2 of the bowmaster for swapping when I use BH, but otherwise Huntsman all the way.
    Melliot - Hobbit Hunter and many alts :)

Drool

drooling at 4 Bowmaster + 2 Huntsman... or 4 Huntsman + 2 Bowmaster...... so many flavors!!!

waiiiiit a second.....

"A chance"
    burn hot "increases" critical rating....

WTB vagueness?

don't fall for it peeps..... the stats are nice, but vague numbers don't fly in my book.

and again, in PVMP we are still stuck with our failsauce sets.... and If we use this set, then its bye bye 30% damage reduction..... for "chance"

Hmm I realized there's no stat set bonuses either. I don't have my client open right now, but iirc that's a good 76agility and +388 PM missing as well for the lesser set.

Has anyone tested whether the faron set bonus will stack with the 2-set huntsman bonus? Would make a hunter "rotation" even more boring, but the dps would be amazing I expect.

As much as it only makes one skill inductionless, it is one of the hardest hitting ones. Also, the cooldown reset should be considered here as that is not present on the huntsman set bonus. Basically the Bowmaster one gives you a "free" HS once in a while, whereas the Huntsman set 'only' removes an induction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohanadan View Post
    Has anyone tested whether the faron set bonus will stack with the 2-set huntsman bonus? Would make a hunter "rotation" even more boring, but the dps would be amazing I expect.
    I did not test for Hunter, but several Captain sets are stacking, e.g. lvl 75/85 PvMP sets bonuses and lvl 65 Helegrod sets bonuses stacks, so they probably do stack at the moment. It would surprise me though if they still stack when U10 is pushed to the Live servers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrantiri View Post
    As much as it only makes one skill inductionless, it is one of the hardest hitting ones. Also, the cooldown reset should be considered here as that is not present on the huntsman set bonus. Basically the Bowmaster one gives you a "free" HS once in a while, whereas the Huntsman set 'only' removes an induction.

I did not test for Hunter, but several Captain sets are stacking, e.g. lvl 75/85 PvMP sets bonuses and lvl 65 Helegrod sets bonuses stacks, so they probably do stack at the moment. It would surprise me though if they still stack when U10 is pushed to the Live servers though.
    Ah yea, I missed the "reset the cooldown" part. Makes it even more interesting.

To the Faron set stacking:

It's impossible as it requires five faron pieces and two of the huntsman, which we do not have seven armour slots.

Thanks for posting!

Ah yea, I missed the "reset the cooldown" part. Makes it even more interesting.

To the Faron set stacking:

It's impossible as it requires five faron pieces and two of the huntsman, which we do not have seven armour slots.
    All 5 set bonuses are changed to 4 set bonuses, making it possible by using 4 Faron and 2 Erebor Huntsman pieces.

Thanks for sharing.

Honestly I have no idea which combination to opt for. I hope more comments will come to enlighten me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2821700000017ce96/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Lvl 85 Hunter - Lvl 85 Champion - L 65 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Drool

drooling at 4 Bowmaster + 2 Huntsman... or 4 Huntsman + 2 Bowmaster...... so many flavors!!!

waiiiiit a second.....

"A chance"

WTB vagueness?

don't fall for it peeps..... the stats are nice, but vague numbers don't fly in my book.

and again, in PVMP we are still stuck with our failsauce sets.... and If we use this set, then its bye bye 30% damage reduction..... for "chance"
    I did note the ambiguity of the 'chance' wording. I was personally more drawn to the huntsman set bonus given how attached I was to the Faron set. I for one am glad they incorporated that into the new raid set, I am a (mostly) happy hunter.

As for the comment on the missing stats, ie. the pm and agility, I too noted that, and in fact, the Hytbold sets have also lost those stats and have only the 3 and 5 set bonuses (shifted up to 2 and 4 respectively.) I found that did decrease my physical mastery a bit, as well as on my other capped toons, I was not pleased by that change, but the Huntsman set bonus makes that a little bit overlook-able. Kind of. Until I can try the sets on, given that I have to actually do the raids even in Bullroarer, I'm not quite sure what to think except that my initial thought was excitement at the Huntsman 2 set bonus.
    [/center]

wow, that huntsman set is....shiny. im probably gonna go 4 huntsman/2bowmaster(although honestly i dont like bowmaster 2 set bonus that much, so might stick with gold boots and helm)

for any that go 4 bowmaster though, depending on the %chance to reset HS, i see a ton of HS spam going on :P
    Last edited by 0987654321; Feb 07 2013 at 02:52 AM.
    Lugbur, R11 Reaver ./. Guthfred, R9 Captain ./. Guthblade, R9 Chamption ./. Muzluck, R9 Warg + Various other toons of different rank and class.

Any insights on how PvMP sets changed?
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/21361164152perfectworld_arqueiro.png[/img][/url]
    main: Lerea, HNT R14
    alt: Ileri, RK R10

Thumbs up

What I mostly like about these sets is the difference in stats among them.
    Huntsman gives physical mastery but with two pieces
    Bowmaster gives critical rating but with two pieces
    Trapsman gives two pieces with critical defense

For maximum Physical Mastery you can even add one piece from the Bowmaster set and one from the Trapsman set and you have all pieces of the armor with 2028 Physical Mastery - 162 agility + 408 Physical Mastery (loosing "+ critical on burn hot"+ 202 power or "0 focus cost Rain of Thorns"+40 vit in exchange for 408 Physical Mastery actually seems like a decent trade off).
    Last edited by Lucanthanas; Feb 07 2013 at 08:53 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

hmm i dont know... updating br right now to test the sets for myself..

still updating..but it seems the huntsman is the way to go.

4 piece huntsman and malledrim boots/HL helm/shoulders? not sure yet.
    Hard to overlook the fact that focus shots have a chance to make swiftbow insta cast. With the amount of outgoing focus shots, im hoping that by the time swiftbow is off cd, its insta cast. Also since PS spamming is back, I thought about getting the 2 golden rohan rings and assuming they refresh on hit or if stacking on hit, you will pretty much have a perma self crit buff+122 agil. 15% chance to apply 122 agil on damaging hits..say you do 1 attack per second...you have 20 chances to refresh/stack that buff from PS alone and not even counting any insta cast swiftbows and if barb arrow bleeds even count.

off to BR..
    Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.
    From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | Asylum | No-QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    Drool

waiiiiit a second.....

"A chance"

WTB vagueness?

After U10 critical rating will not only increase critical chance but also increase critical multiplier.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    After U10 critical rating will not only increase critical chance but also increase critical multiplier.
    Breaking news: Dr Irrelevant has teamed up with Captain Obvious! They have turned to the troll side to achieve their diabolical scheme called.....

MISLEADING INFORMATION!!!

Crit defense has also been buffed to counter the increase in crit mag, making 1 point of crit increase in crit mag = to 1 EXTRA (on top of current value) point of cirt def.

also: signature and higher mobs will have their crit defenses buffed.

and look: only 2 pieces of the LEAST desirable set have any crit defense... each gives a crit defense value of ~300 LESS than a normal creep crit defense corruption. The change to creep crit corruptions benefits DPS CREEPS because they can now stack their crit def higher than before.

MEANWHILE:

creeps like Warg/BA/Reaver/Spider are benefiting from this, having HIGHER CRITS with Hunter crit defense values not = the increase in creep crit mag.
    Last edited by Lendas; Feb 07 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast