We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Just unsubscribed

I won't play this game until

A. Turbine makes farming infamy/renown a punishable offense.

B. Repeat step A.

this literally ruined my experience in the moors
    I came back to the game after 3 years of not playing it,Started fresh on creep side.

After investing 30+ hours a week into the moors for about 3 weeks
    Im done,It's broken..and I won't play it

GFG turbine great job.

Okay, good to know. See you around.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000034c84/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This will have 0 impact.

If you want to change things stick around

They are developing a community advisory council, it's not up yet but it will be.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    They are developing a community advisory council, it's not up yet but it will be.
    Do you really think that any of them will be staunch PVP'ers? Most of them will be fanboys and fangirls who think Turbine can do no wrong.

Props for actually putting your money where your mouth is.

Not even close to this point myself, farming isn't very prevalent on my server. I'd be more likely to quit over their terrible management of balance.

Do you really think that any of them will be staunch PVP'ers? Most of them will be fanboys and fangirls who think Turbine can do no wrong.

Even I think you're being irrationally cynical here. Only having 'yes men' taking part would still make those people answerable, and if nothing positive transpires out of that it's going to be very obvious.

Turbine would get nothing out of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I am under the belief that they are not deliberately trying to make the council a failure.
    Last edited by Armitas; Feb 06 2013 at 10:04 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Well.. while I do NOT trust Turbine to balance it, Sapience seems to play his posts as straight as he can. He said they had planned a balanced council, which would include PVPrs, even if a lot of it is still whiteboard and subject to erasure. WAY too early to write off a council that has not even been fully formulated.

Oh, and, isnt farming the inf/renown part of the process in the Moors? Not like you have a bazillion quests to do like on the PVE side.

(Though, I must admit, Lotro is held up as a joke PVP game in other games.)
    Last edited by Darlgon; Feb 06 2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GutterMan View Post
    I won't play this game until

A. Turbine makes farming infamy/renown a punishable offense.

B. Repeat step A.

this literally ruined my experience in the moors
    I came back to the game after 3 years of not playing it,Started fresh on creep side.

After investing 30+ hours a week into the moors for about 3 weeks
    Im done,It's broken..and I won't play it

GFG turbine great job.
    A couple of questions:

1. What's your definition of farming? I've heard several different definitions of farming and I was wondering to which variant of it you're referring. Are you talking about rez camp farming? Multi-box farming? Solo vs group ganks?

2. How does someone else's ranking up, whether by normal play or by "farming," affect your game play or experience in the moors enough to unsubscribe? If there was some benefit to being at a certain spot or level on the leaderboards, I would understand your frustration. But that isn't the case so what's the impact to you?

I ask these not to say you're wrong but to better understand your perspective on the issue.
    Chieftan DefilerDan
    Member of Inverted Cross, Vilya
    (Also seen wandering the Moors on Riddermark, Snowbourn, Landroval, Brandywine and others.)

Honestly, I am a little astonished you consider 'farming' (which i am willing to bet in this case you mean you yourself being camped by high ranking pvpers) to be enough to unsubscribe, and not the myriad of other, more importantly broken things in the moors presently.
    [center]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002ad6db/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

People quit and come back all the time, kudos to you for making a post about it. In the end this is one of the few mechanisms where there is a chance what you have to say will be read by someone who could impact the issue (a slim chance mind you).

The thing is, the last few updates turbine has given attention and resources to the moors. Im as cynical as they come but even I have to admit that. Has it all been positive? Nope but remember weavers and reavers 2 years ago? Creeps have gotten boosts and while Im not going back to the ROI/pre aud days when my 10k morale was gong in 5 seconds I think they get the fact that great imbalance either way = people wont play.

We all know PvP will be secondary to PvE but given the increases of attention and resources to creepside over the last few updates im willing to give some slack. From what I am told U10 will be a mess for creeps, I for one wont be a matyr, been there done that but Im in wait and see mode currently. Apathy though is always close at hand, lotro is a fun game but my days of investing large amounts of time into the game are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceifwien View Post
    Honestly, I am a little astonished you consider 'farming' (which i am willing to bet in this case you mean you yourself being camped by high ranking pvpers) to be enough to unsubscribe, and not the myriad of other, more importantly broken things in the moors presently.
    I "think" he's referring to "clubbing" as it's come to be called. Where someone farms his alts over and over to rank up. Rather than just getting killed repeatedly by an enemy in a one sided fight.

At least that's what I took away from his post.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000086ed1/signature.png]Blackomen[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    This will have 0 impact.

If you want to change things stick around

latest carrot on a stick.
    Master Blaster, Up-and-Comer, Explorer of the Brown Lands