We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisre View Post
    soon....
    "Soon"?
    Soon?
    soon?
    Moresoonish?
    Incredisoon?
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    Hee hee... creeps getting scared of your numbers... good sign!
    Fear isnt the accurate term, its more along the lines of we know lotro pvp is bad already more people wont make it better.

Its about numbers most of the time, a good raid leader gives you a +5 numbers id say. Freeps on crickhollow have faced what just about every other server in lotro land has, large numbers. The distinction here is, fractions on one side or another contribute greatly to failure. We just dont have the volume of players to compensate when there are 4 small groups running around against one large group.

For the most part creepside dosent suffer from this, BAMF will run with TMD, TMD will run with BAMF we work together when its necessary, sometimes when it isnt. Bringing in 4-16 freeps is going to help that side no question about it, but if you pulled through the meyer of my posts you'll see the prophetic message. You'll have the flipside of what you had the last 2 months, freeps will have numbers and a boost from U10 (much like creeps did from RoR).

No point in make this more complex then it is, numbers win. Add skill to the numbers and its a face roll (as you expirenced the last few months). No one is fearful creepside, your just going to find less stupidity as we've been down the road of freep OP before. Should these clowns come, roll out we'll fight them. We take our deaths you know that, but when it becomes a faceroll, unlike freeps we'll log quickly we dont feed zergs (most of us).

Thats really the difference on this server, its just more profound and impactful due to low population.

Don't worry about that.
    As stated by Chiron, TDH will probably be back creeping if population shifts drasticly to Freep side with U10.

I don't know how long you've been here, but back in the days of Freep OP crazyness they would faceroll freeps even outnumbered on those conditions.
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

Don't worry about that.
    As stated by Chiron, TDH will probably be back creeping if population shifts drasticly to Freep side with U10.

I don't know how long you've been here, but back in the days of Freep OP crazyness they would faceroll freeps even outnumbered on those conditions.
    Im not worried about anything, ask anyone in BAMF or people who have been in raids with me on creepside or my warg packs. I dont take this very seriously, LOTRO is truly entertainment for me. I made my bones on another server, crickhollow is very unique and Im not sure those of you who have been here for a while understand the degree to which it is.

Literally there can be 20 people on and thats it both sides, maybe "back in the day" we had big fights here I dont know. My old creep servers (before I consolidated my moors play) had multiple raids rolling around on either side. 40v40 wasnt uncommon, on crick? Never seen it.

Ive yet to see a 24v24 here, as I said the population is to small to take a massive influx eitherside. Yeah freeps need a boost, I maybe a tool but im an honest one and ill concede that. The problem is if its a flood, you'll be sitting at grams camping the 3-4 people that might come out. Careful what you wish for, believe me that game play sucks.

wait till they got full audacity = DEAD! chiron dont leave us badboy.
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Ooooo more freeps please do come . I love a challenge and some good o lotro pvp . Im sure it will be lots of fun
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

Freepside on Crick, for the most part, has always lacked leadership. Since I have been backed, I have been thoroughly bored to death with all the gv camping. I happily welcome anyone to Crick who is willing to lead and hopefully bring some much needed action!
    Last edited by Zynixa; Feb 07 2013 at 03:38 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000006943e/signature.png]Pauladeen[/charsig]
    ~ [COLOR=#ff8c00]Tangy[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#00ffff]Nixa [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spindarella[/COLOR] ~

nixa bring your boy after u10 to freepside
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    Ive yet to see a 24v24 here, as I said the population is to small to take a massive influx eitherside.
    Hmmm, I remember about 3 weeks ago or so having 30 names(not counting pets) in combat analysis that weren't friendly, grp O 6 didn't win tho

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

P.S.
    I welcome each and any if you do come. Hope you're more like Brusef rather than Rainithir tho from my encounters with them on E :P

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

IMO RvR is where lotro PvP shines. But I'd have to agree with several that have posted it here already, Crick doesn't have the numbers atm to provide *regular* RvR numbers. I hate to see people flipping to enjoy EZ mode, but the consensus seems to be that's what will happen. I see nothing wrong in flipping if it's to balance numbers. Heck on BW I've seen the raid leader ask if everybody would want him and others to flip freepside just so everyone would have *some* kind of action instead of running around the map aimlessly and zerging solo freeps. That's an instance where flipping is honorable and sportsmanslike. Flipping to enjoy an EZ mode class or to be in with double-triple numbers for safe easy kills is not.

Perhaps people on both sides should start an active recruiting campaign. If predictions hold true it may be creepside who will need to be recruiting even more. I'm open either way, of course nobody can say for sure until we see how the waters recede after u10 hits. I'd be more than happy to help creepside recruit, *if* it becomes obvious that's what is needed, and there are some good people on creepside who have the patience and willingness to help those without PvP experience (not saying I would actually go creepside).

Well u10 will tell no matter how it goes, but bottom line and to maybe fill in the OP some more, both sides need numbers if you are looking for regular, full RvR.

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR SERVER CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR SERVER. (hehe, told ya I'd work that in somewhere sis)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000001240f2/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Hmmm, I remember about 3 weeks ago or so having 30 names(not counting pets) in combat analysis that weren't friendly, grp O 6 didn't win tho

Like I said, I havent seen a 24v24, but youve been here longer then I. Tell me, has freepside always been in such a sorry state that it needed people from other servers to be competitive? I mean that would be one hell of a an astonishing state IMHO. I observed this server for a while before I transfered I wasnt struck by any sense of desperation prior to RoR frankly I thought you all held up well.

I dont think Ive ever seen more then 10 BAMF on at one time myself, but hey things are hard out there freepside ive been rolled over and over on riddermark. I mean if you need a PvP kin to transfer, what did the guy say? 10-16? to make it fun again knock youself out I dont pay your subs.... why any of you would listen to me is almost as funny as the responses I get when people say "youre a troll" or "youre insulting me" really? and your replying why then....? I digress.

I logged on for the first time in a few weeks tonight I died a few times got some kills. Just remember if the balance tips to far creeps will log, you know this we dont allow ourselves to be farmed (most of us). Hence why I caution (despite the flaymbouant bluster) on tipping it to much one way or another. U10+ a PvP kin transfering in, might be slim pickings out there who knows.

Im sure there will be a defiler in the back though Thor, you'll get yours. See you out there more on the weekends going forward. When the transfer idiots come over remind them everything I say on the forums is real, and I have spies watching GLFF and imbeded in several kins around crickhollow. You dont have to tell them about my unbelievable good looks, uncanny wit, stellar intelligence and ability to pump out meaningful prose in minutes, they will likely figure it out on their own.

Like I said, I havent seen a 24v24, but youve been here longer then I. Tell me, has freepside always been in such a sorry state that it needed people from other servers to be competitive? I mean that would be one hell of a an astonishing state IMHO. I observed this server for a while before I transfered I wasnt struck by any sense of desperation prior to RoR frankly I thought you all held up well.
    Funnily enough this server has gotten attention from different players across several servers for a long time (starting with the colonization of a f2p server, that's how we got people like Bloin :P )
    If we play, we enjoy something, of course we will try to manage. But in general people coming here I expect them to be an extension to the current server, just making it the same but bigger. [more people might affect it more drastically tho] I am not saying we can't make due with what we have, but often enough one side keeps adding, the other keeps as well and one runs out of help.
    Not entirely what you tried to say here so the result is I am just rambling about stuff.
    Another reason why action might not be that great is that many people worth their weight have gone MIA, I know i saw Murdich on BAOS statistics a week ago or so, but haven't seen him, all the Facerollers in general other than Herja.

Hey, if worst comes to worst, I can personally try to work on creep x-fers over here, lol!

I've been babbling on about recruiting, but I've meant recruiting from within the server. How small is Crick? I've always imagined new faces from PvE like drawing water from a bottomless well, but maybe this time it can only provide everyone a sip instead of drinking so much we need to lie down?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000001240f2/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post

Not entirely what you tried to say here so the result is I am just rambling about stuff.
    Some people inaccurately call it trolling, I call it entertainment enhancement. We're keeping it going, people see it, read it consider the content isnt that essentially what the message boards are for? Vitriolic presentation often ensures attention, human nature isnt complex (for the most part). Like I said elsewhere in the thread, often when people make threads like this the decision is already made.

Its not like the PvP here on crick is vastly different then anywhere else. The exception is numbers, any influx eitherway would be impactful to say the least. Imagine a moment if 10 new creeps from another server of decent rank decided to transfer. It would frankly decimate the play, the numbers they are talking about would make it closer to even assuming minimal flips but its hard to say with an update looming.

Anyway Im done here, Im bored. Thank you for your continued insights, participation and seemingly genuine attempt at honest discourse.

Like I said, I havent seen a 24v24, but youve been here longer then I. Tell me, has freepside always been in such a sorry state that it needed people from other servers to be competitive?
    Nah... as far as I can remember, we've always had even-ish numbers around, giving a few moments with more freeps then creeps. Yeah, I remember freep zergballs going around quite a few times...

Buuut... RoR came, non-geared vet freeps started to die like flies and, instead of gearing up and grouping up, they flipped creep side. Add to that the influx of freavers from RoI that came back with RoR and a few more post-RoR, and the "creep lotro store madness", you get our reality on numbers and p2w creeps of today.
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

Crickhollow - No Manners

Hello Windfola people. Even though you're pretentious and douchey, so are most of the early responders to your posts.

This is one of the most drama filled servers you'll find for its size.

You aren't the only creeps on Windfola, you just like to think you are.

Bottom line? Nothing will change for you or us, other than your kin donating a couple hundred dollars to Turbine.
    Everybody has stories. They bore me.

Thumbs up

Five Things:

1. My instinct tells me you didnt pull Crickhollows name out of hat, you did some prelim research. Its likely you saw the numbers, its a small server you should expect small server play. If you've been around you know the good and bad of that.

2. People telling you this or that server "needs" either side are likely full of it. Crickhollow dosent need anything really, the entirety of the PvP might need something and no amount of new players on either side is going to make it better.

3. Due to population Crick dosent suffer a lot of problems other servers do, however if you screw up or make a rep for yourself you arent going to be able to loose it quickly. Some people dont care, maybe you are one of them? If you do care what other people think then tread carefully, the word "fickle" comes to mind when I observe freepside. For a small server youd think that would breed more familiarity, it dosent seem to at least in my observation.

4. Creeps get it. Meaning from what I have observed if its hopeless or boring they log. Now some dont like that, for me its entertainment if im not entertained I do something else. I would find being camped at a rez by a superior raid thats heal stacked non entertaining. That isnt to say I look down on people for doing that, ive done it and will again but if you roll out with a large group and faceroll (you should be able to more easily after U10) expect to do a lot of PvE creeps on this server dont seem to go in for matyrdom.

5. Dont flip: Play one side. Its the advice I give anyone who wants to listen. I freep on Riddermark and creep here and once in a while on laurelin (not so much anymore) I used to flip, it leads to unnecessary problems and on a small server they can be magnified. Essentially you know the deal, some people take LOTRO very seriously.

Good luck, and dont waste the TP to switch servers the grass isnt greener.
    1. Hey Brit Brit my instinct tells me to ignore losers like Thorg... and you should to because he is nobody of importance on crick..

2. why does thorg like to make bulleted posts using numbers to make points anyhow?

3. Nice to see someone else from Ont. where bouts ya from I was last in brampton but lived all over

4. Oh Brit Brit remember, and this is very important! plz always refer to number 1.

haha have a good one Brit Brit!
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyM View Post
    Hey guys,

Myself and a few others are looking for a server to call home for our freeps, we creep full time on Windfola but unfortunately without us creep side, there is no creeps for us to battle with if we were to flip. I was just wondering how the PvMP is on Crickhollow? Are there organized creep raids with leadership? Would it be worth transferring our freeps over?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide
    Is it worth it? Yes. Some time the freeps feed us some times we feed them. BUt the Raid are the best to be in because we know what we ar doing on both side and even being a small sever we know what were doing. So its all ways a fight on both sides Creeps vs. Freeps. Its worth it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214010000088cb8/signature.png]Ludkug[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bear19100 View Post
    BUt the Raid are the best to be in because we know what we ar doing on both side and even being a small sever we know what were doing. So its all ways a fight on both sides Creeps vs. Freeps. Its worth it.
    Actually we don't. While some players (on both sides) know what they are doing, the average players are sheep who don't have the slightest clue of the difference betwen a PvE and a PvP 'gameplay', and also how to play their class.

Our raid leaders cannot even use combat strategies because they have to take care of healers who don't know how to heal, call out target assist (some people struggle to follow the assist window for some reasons), and we end up just running face to face into our opponent and hope we have more numbers than than they do.

Rinse and repeat, every day.

I'm not even mentioning the days where one side gets heavily outnumbered/zerged until the other side decides they have had enough and just log out/leave the moors.

--

Please explain exactly what do you meant when you said that "We know what we're doing"..?
    Last edited by Arnahk; Apr 05 2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Best part -the people in question already made the choice of Arkenstone, but this looks to be potentially shaping into a different kind of thread...

Same old same old same old same old

No, seriously, this was it when I started PvPing back in 2011 (and probably earlier) and it will never end.
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2