We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to transfer...

Hey guys,

Myself and a few others are looking for a server to call home for our freeps, we creep full time on Windfola but unfortunately without us creep side, there is no creeps for us to battle with if we were to flip. I was just wondering how the PvMP is on Crickhollow? Are there organized creep raids with leadership? Would it be worth transferring our freeps over?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide

if you look at black appendage for crick you'll see freeps are usually getting the short end of the stick here. I'd say some more freeps could be very useful, I know there are alot more creeps who would love to raid up more for better fights rather then camping a keep/gv. has been less raids lately cuz camps don't need to be grouped.. so if I was to be selfish I'd say come quick! want better fights

Hail friend, and well met! (yes, I'm cheesy like that)

Although you wouldn't notice it if you stepped in the moors atm, these are some interesting times on crick. I returned to the game just a few months ago, and this is a new server for me (BW was home many moons ago). Crick is a low pop server, and it's a refreshing change from a high pop server such as BW. There are very good people here, people that understand the opponent is a person, not just a toon. I may have only been out in the moors sporadically over the past week and half or so, but I'm trying to spend that time wisely by learning new faces, learning the changes from level 60, and getting a feel for the community as a whole.

Crick needs freeps. I don't think anyone will argue that here. We need more freeps so badly, and creeps are so starved for action, that a rank 12 defiler just announced he is going to go freepside (don't blame ya Guido, that's why I flipped to freepside on BW, no point in being a creep if there are no freeps to kill).

Now, crick is not dead. There are freeps that like to lead, and there are freeps that want to be led, but the few that are here aren't on constantly. After I got a good feel for things here, I wanted to start trying to get more freeps interested in the moors. That might mean recruiting people who have no PvP experience, so getting *regular* active RvR numbers will take both Time and Desire to do so.

---That said, I have the Desire, but with spring just around the corner it's the Time that will hamper my plans. My wife and I are planning a great deal of work to our house when it starts warming up, combine that with personal health problems (sometimes I just don't have the energy to play) will make the things that I feel I can bring to the table here for everybody somewhat sporadic.---

I guess a good analogy would be to think of the action here like brewing a fine batch of beer. You have to cook the wort, pitch the yeast, let it ferment, let it clear, prime it, and then let it carbonate and clear again. What stage of the process are we on right now? Ordering the ingredients, that's where we are. But with brewing any top notch beer, the main ingredient is patience.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, by all means bring your friends with you, we'd love to have you. Roll a freep on crick and then send me an invite when you see me on, I'd love to chat with ya about it

While the freeps are in some much needed help right now..it seems like after U10 a good amount of people will be returning to freepside after creeping for the past few months. Who's to know though! Crick is notorious for flipping which side is dominating. At any rate..the more the merrier?

Five Things:

1. My instinct tells me you didnt pull Crickhollows name out of hat, you did some prelim research. Its likely you saw the numbers, its a small server you should expect small server play. If you've been around you know the good and bad of that.

2. People telling you this or that server "needs" either side are likely full of it. Crickhollow dosent need anything really, the entirety of the PvP might need something and no amount of new players on either side is going to make it better.

3. Due to population Crick dosent suffer a lot of problems other servers do, however if you screw up or make a rep for yourself you arent going to be able to loose it quickly. Some people dont care, maybe you are one of them? If you do care what other people think then tread carefully, the word "fickle" comes to mind when I observe freepside. For a small server youd think that would breed more familiarity, it dosent seem to at least in my observation.

4. Creeps get it. Meaning from what I have observed if its hopeless or boring they log. Now some dont like that, for me its entertainment if im not entertained I do something else. I would find being camped at a rez by a superior raid thats heal stacked non entertaining. That isnt to say I look down on people for doing that, ive done it and will again but if you roll out with a large group and faceroll (you should be able to more easily after U10) expect to do a lot of PvE creeps on this server dont seem to go in for matyrdom.

5. Dont flip: Play one side. Its the advice I give anyone who wants to listen. I freep on Riddermark and creep here and once in a while on laurelin (not so much anymore) I used to flip, it leads to unnecessary problems and on a small server they can be magnified. Essentially you know the deal, some people take LOTRO very seriously.

Good luck, and dont waste the TP to switch servers the grass isnt greener.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post

5. Dont flip: Play one side. Its the advice I give anyone who wants to listen. I freep on Riddermark and creep here and once in a while on laurelin (not so much anymore) I used to flip, it leads to unnecessary problems and on a small server they can be magnified. Essentially you know the deal, some people take LOTRO very seriously.

Good luck, and dont waste the TP to switch servers the grass isnt greener.
    Hey I don't think you are understanding the reasoning we are looking to transfer. This isnt a grass is greener situation, the matter is that our tribe is mostly responsible for keeping active and coordinated creep raids alive to match the relatively healthy freep numbers on Windfola, a server very similar to Crick in that there is low pop and a tight community.

We are both unable to flip and play freepside because then the creeps would not stand a chance and secondly we dont want the other difficulties that are the result of faction flipping.

We are looking at bringing some organized freeps to a server that needs freeps and creating a PvMP kin.

This should be a win win situation for the right server..

Small server (check)
    Zergs (check)
    QQ (check)
    Ocassional RvRs (check)
    1v1s (check)
    GV camps (check)
    Lack of freeps (check)

Welcome to crick!

Crick has a recently formed PvMP kin that just started a month or less ago..maybe that will help the freep situation :P Just be careful with the small town syndrome a good few suffer from. I still think things will flip after U10..tends to happen that way.

Roll a creep and check by yourself. You can come find me on either clownfish (creepside) or maex/euphyllia on freepside. Also. We already have a freepside PvMP kinship. Again. Ask me in-game about it or Merlinros. He's the leader of the kinship.

I have one question though? How many freeps are we talking about here?
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyM View Post
    Hey I don't think you are understanding the reasoning we are looking to transfer. This isnt a grass is greener situation, the matter is that our tribe is mostly responsible for keeping active and coordinated creep raids alive to match the relatively healthy freep numbers on Windfola, a server very similar to Crick in that there is low pop and a tight community.

We are both unable to flip and play freepside because then the creeps would not stand a chance and secondly we dont want the other difficulties that are the result of faction flipping.

We are looking at bringing some organized freeps to a server that needs freeps and creating a PvMP kin.

This should be a win win situation for the right server..
    I dont care what your reasoning is. I gave you advice, mostly of a general nature some specific to crickhollow. Whether you come here or go else where isnt of great importance to me, it appears however that it is of importance to you.

If you bring a freep kin here, youll essentially get get what you have on windfola the population isnt high enough to absorb more then 4-5 more people on either side. If I were you (and Im not) I would wait until after U10 drops to do anything PvP related. From what I hear its going to be impactful and may change the composition of several servers (crick included). I suspect freep will be in abundance, often people choose the easier side to play.

Also I wouldnt call crick a tight community, I have little to no respect for any of the primary freep players here, im underwhelemed honestly. Im sure they feel the same way about me, however there are bright spots there is one exceptional champ/burg here hes dam good, 1-2 exceptional hunters. I have a lot of respect for those individuals but im one voice.

Anyway, good luck.

Guthmak. You grumpy warg!
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Come on over.. Funny how the majority of responses to this thread came from creeps ?? Crick definetly is odd freepside but I think it may be gettting better. We have a few good leaders when they are in the mood and generally have alot of fun. So I'd say welcome our creeps will love to have more and new targets to challenge them..

Have fun

Hey guys, I popped on Freepside a bit ago to chat with some people and find out a little more about the action etc. Figured I'd drop in here and post a few things as well.

Here's a little more information: There is probably going to be at minimum 6 of us, possibly up to 12-14, depending on who can transfer and when. There would be at least 3 people (including myself) more than willing to lead open groups when the situation calls for it, however we do prefer small group action. Most likely we will be making our own Kin as we are pretty tight, but that won't always keep our groups exclusive.

We will probably hold off until after U10 just to see how things turn out, but with the Creep domination so large at the moment, it's very appetizing.

~Khronus~
    [center]
    ~R7 Guardian. R7 Burglar. R6 Captain. R7 Champion.~
    ~R11 WarLeader Sexpanther, Unhallowed.~
    [i][b][u][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]Arkenstone[/color][color=#FFFF00]~~~[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][color=#FFFF00]Elendilmir[/color][color=#FF0000]~~~[/color][/b][/u][/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post
    Hey guys, I popped on Freepside a bit ago to chat with some people and find out a little more about the action etc. Figured I'd drop in here and post a few things as well.

Here's a little more information: There is probably going to be at minimum 6 of us, possibly up to 12-14, depending on who can transfer and when. There would be at least 3 people (including myself) more than willing to lead open groups when the situation calls for it, however we do prefer small group action. Most likely we will be making our own Kin as we are pretty tight, but that won't always keep our groups exclusive.

We will probably hold off until after U10 just to see how things turn out, but with the Creep domination so large at the moment, it's very appetizing.

~Khronus~
    While being camped at grams a week ago I was struck by the notion of "domination" its really a numbers game, you must know this your sig would suggest youve played a fair amount of lotro pvp.... I suspect you people have already decided, I never really understand the pretense "just checking things out" but to each their own.

This server is and will be a freep dominated server, what you likely didnt hear freepside was the several creep voices who were about to flip, not a lot of creep exclusives on this server. Rest assured once U10 comes freeps on this server will have numbers again. The sad reality is on a small server like crick the side with numbers absolutely facerolls. You'll get no denial from me that creeps have rolled along well in RoR they have everywhere but if your coming to crickhollow looking for a better PvP offering youre making a huge mistake and wasting your TP/cash.

My instinct tells me that things are going to be pretty lean come U10 creepside might be slim picking out there, but maybe thats your thing? I freep on riddermark, some real good RvR there why not move to a more populated server like that if your looking for more action? Anyway good luck, and please, if you do come to crick dont play both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeppelinCobalt View Post

~Khronus~
    12-14 is most likely going to unbalance things more than it would help. Also, We do not want elitism here. If you're going to bring transfer to this server, you will have to mix with other crickhollowians (yes). Otherwise choose a high population server such as brandywine/elendilmir/riddermark if you want to be with your tribesmates exclusively.

Side note. My warg is going to quality-test the fresh meat when it arrives to Crickhollow's borders so shoot me a private message. ;p

Hee hee... creeps getting scared of your numbers... good sign!

I would say that looking at numbers of people on isn't the most accurate. cuz that fails to take into account freavers/comm farming alts just on for pve. freeps could really use some help and organization to by honest. it's been too easy creepside for awhile, but that is usually not numbers based. so I can honestly say, that 10 people if all playing together would worry me greatly.. add any other freeps and there is not too often there is nearly that many ranked/pvping creeps on so I could smell grams camps in the future. that negative thing aside, yes there is huge differences in creeps and freeps inf/renown gain, some small bit is based on numbers.. but much is not, I can say last 4 days I was top in inf gain by a big margin (mostly cuz I was off work and had nothing better to do) but I can say, the majority of that I was solo, or groups of 3 and smaller. always gold taggers but it is what it is. ummm I was fighting the other day. in a 3 man no gold taggers vs 7 freeps, no idea what kind of grouping situation they had going, but they were there. and my group got like 6k inf in a hour killing them over and over. so some freep leadership here could probably go a long way to making fights good and hard (some are here, but not often lately) I'm just worried about that many new freeps if they all played at the same times if I am to be totally honest I think if you had 8 of you guys + whatever freeps there are here with you guys, it would not be often you had a group of that size facing you, and you'd spend most of your life here camping.. I could be wrong I'd like to be wrong. but based on what I seen that is what I suspect would happen, but whatever you guys decide/do you'll get no hate from here, would welcome new faces and fights, even if I am apprehensive about that large a number

Fire, come on... yeah, freep side is bad right now, but numbers is a BIG thing out there. You said it's not, but right away you say most of the renown was gold tagging... gold tagging where? GV camp? 12+ creeps sending banner and pets asking the 5-6 solo freeps to open field? HUGE lol here.
    I dont care if a big chunk of creeps are freavers. They still do dmg and still are grouped with the zergball, getting crazy 2 lines of stacked HoTs from 2-3 defilers plus bubbles and whatnot.

Don't be scared of a pvp kin coming here.
    - I doubt there will be 10 of them online all the time.
    - Not sure how good they are anyways.
    - Still we will be outnumbered, unless u10 shifts the OPmode, then half the creeps today will change sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    Fire, come on... yeah, freep side is bad right now, but numbers is a BIG thing out there. You said it's not, but right away you say most of the renown was gold tagging... gold tagging where? GV camp? 12+ creeps sending banner and pets asking the 5-6 solo freeps to open field? HUGE lol here.
    I dont care if a big chunk of creeps are freavers. They still do dmg and still are grouped with the zergball, getting crazy 2 lines of stacked HoTs from 2-3 defilers plus bubbles and whatnot.

Don't be scared of a pvp kin coming here.
    - I doubt there will be 10 of them online all the time.
    - Not sure how good they are anyways.
    - Still we will be outnumbered, unless u10 shifts the OPmode, then half the creeps today will change sides.
    I used to think the same thing, until I was on every minute basically of the last 4 days, and saw how many times freeps were getting camped by less then they had (I won't mention all that happened when we had 3 creeps vs 9 freeps the other day and we 3 had to push tr. no gold taggers at all for near an hour, then some low ranked reaver showed up) I didn't say any renown was gold tagging, I meant my groups were 1-3 people, but there were almost always some gold taggers around. I grant you numbers do have a big impact on moors, and yes usually the side with more numbers wins, but it seems lately that is less true. I can tell by 1v1s the majority of freep classes need a bit of a buff, hopefully update 10 does that, but still they should be doing better then they are. I see tons and tons of new people out, which is great for me, no aud feeding, but no one to lead these newbies, your post was very good I hope more people read it, lotsa respect for you and some others freepside. and I won't deny the stuff you mentioned in your post happened/happens, but that's not always the case, and even when it isn't and freeps can win they often don't for unknown reasons. even if all 10 weren't on, as small as crick moors is 5 or 6 could be a major impact, but like I said we'll see

Speaking as a former Windfola resident

come to Crickhollow - Freep - Creep - Raid - play the unending game ;p

Its your money do with it as you see fit! If the server isnt much to your liking after transferring, well then you can always transfer to a different server, you just cant go back to Windfola - I think.

The freep side for the last two months though has been an extreme GV camp with the occasional "Oh look its TR, Lugz, etc"

Obviously its going to change come UP10. When does it not change after a major update?!

Have fun in whatever and maybe we'll see you on Crick

Hi im a Bald Crazy hobbit warden Sletho that would like to welcome you if you do chose this server.
    The one the only Sletho

There isnt a guarantee that u10 will change anything(the mentality will be the same).I`m not worried about creeps changing sides since most of us are full-time creeps.I just hope more freeps will join the moors since there`s a new incentive to rank.I hope you guys decide to transfer here,this server lacks action especially in between weekends.I would rather get camped/zerged and get a kill or two instead of not getting action at all.

Burz! You missed a funny Heal Zergball vs Heal Zergball last night...

I must've used 10 power pots on those looong fights where a kill had to take about 200k dmg on the target.

It was fun, tho.

Windy refuges! I ended up on crick after creeping on/off on Windy pre aud (also saw a few freep names that have xferred to Elendil when I was there).

Honestly, 10 players (creep or freep) are only going to make Crick moors better. I would welcome the xfer!
    I usually decide which side I am going to play on after each update depending on the numbers and power balance (there are some of us itching to get back onto the dark side.....). More people in the moors is always better!

And don't mind that cranky warg, he transferred here a few months back at some last hope dash to claim some sort of notoriety. But when it was discovered his forum pvp was as sub-par as his in game abilities he quickly unravelled. He has some real life conquests going on though so I'm sure he's aces!

soon....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast