We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    just wondering if a meet and greet held in the square/stage areas of one of the housing neighborhoods could avoid the layering problem. in my current neighborhood i have never seen any of my neighbors so others going about their business should be no problem

Cool

It doesn't have to bee in Bree town, we can use some open space in a low level area, such as that obsolete "Festival Grounds" near Bamfurlong

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post

It doesn't have to bee in Bree town, we can use some open space in a low level area, such as that obsolete "Festival Grounds" near Bamfurlong
    Yes, I totally agree- Bree town itself may not be ideal because it can be laggy at even the best of times with all the people running around, especially with the new crafting facilities and layout (which i love)... Maybe the Party Tree? Outside of a festival, there's never anyone around there either.

I'd also be happy to do a higher-level planning meeting (as long as Urwendur, Mr Kin 2nd in Command approves! ). The Hall of Fire might be a nice place for that, just for the atmosphere.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

completely forgot the festival grounds that is an excellent idea. as i recall it has stages and the racetrack and lots of room so we could probably use there as the basis for anything.

Greetings Imladris! Aliana here. You may know me from raids, or the Ettenmoors, or from Lag Spike (Or you're a kinnie). I've got great news to start us off right. I'm going to be regularly hosting events every week, starting next week. My first event is going to be one my kinship did a while back, except with a twist.

I'd like to put forth the Imladris Great East Road Relay-Race!

Date: Wednesday February 27th
    Start: 9:00 PM Imladris Servertime (/servertime for those who wish to check.)

The rules are simple and easy to follow.

1) The characters entering the race must all be level 45-85.
    2) Your mounts must be +68% movement speed horse. (best of the best, after all!)
    3) If a racer is dismounted for whatever reason they may re-mount and continue.
    4) Suffering from defeat will disqualify a racer, but they can still ride along and see challenges along the road.
    5) No +20% mount speed buffs.
    6) If you are riding in your group's active leg of the race, you may not make use of the stable-masters.

Starting line: Stable-Master in Michel Delving
    Leg 1: Michel Delving to Gate of Stock Stable-Master
    Leg 2: Stock Stable-Master to Prancing Pony (See what I did there?)
    Leg 3: Prancing Pony to Ost Guruth Stable-Master
    Leg 4: Ost Guruth Stable-Master to Bruinen River
    Leg 5: Bruinen River to Last Homely House

These rules are specific to the relay race
    1) Teams can range from 3-5
    1a) Teams of three must complete the race A,B,C,A,B
    1b) Teams of four must complete the race A,B,C,D,A
    2) All racers must come to a full stop and dismount their horse before their next racer can mount their steed.
    2a) A racer must stop in line with, or after their teammate for the dismount to be counted.
    2b) In instances where a race official sees one thing, and racers see another, benefit of the doubt will be given on one occasion to each team so long as it is not obviously bending leniency in said team's favor.
    3) All racers are asked to remain friendly and positive. This is, after all, a game we play for fun. We should treat it like that.

Those who wish to enter, please send me in-game mail with the names of your teams, and the names of the horses they will ride in the race. If you wish to provide a "team name" (or kinship name), feel free to add that to your mail as well.

Good racing, Imladris.

I will notify my co-leader/successor. (sadly, I won't be able to attend).

Smile

The race is a great idea Aliana but since I have no 68% steed I can't attend. Good luck!

That sounds like a good time Aliana! I will definitely try to make it, but not yet sure I can get three people or make that time. I think I've got a +68% goat though. I don't suppose we can use war steeds?

just sent an in game email to my kin leader about the race. i hope i can get a team!

I started an announcement thread, since this one's already a bit long. Ali, care to repost?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000010b3d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Pierced by the friendship of the mortal races.

Quote Originally Posted by iorviel View Post
    I started an announcement thread, since this one's already a bit long. Ali, care to repost?
    Yes, I will!

Quote Originally Posted by davidrspiers View Post
    Hi all!

I have noticed, after having played on a total of 3 different servers, that while Imladris contains the kindest and most helpful players I have ever met, (in any MMO) we do not hold that many social events!

What I mean by this, is that I have personally been used to some sort of fun, social event every week, (involving more than 100 players). While hanging around in Imladris on the weekends, I just don't see the kind of invitations I used to see in Regional Chat anymore!

I understand that Saturday nights are in majority Raid and PvMP nights, however I feel we higher level players often forget about the lower level players that make up a HUGE majority of our new server. These players often spend their nights playing the game having trouble finding quality fellowships for grouping or Kins for Family, bored out of their mind. (We've all been there, plenty of times).

I know of a couple recurring events, but I am not sure if they still occur (Saturday Night Social, Ale Drinking Games Club)

My request to the players of Imladris, is to start some sort of Social Event that involves a lot of players, and occurs weekly!

Let me know some ideas, and we can get them implemented!
    Excellent thread, Vlad!

I am having a blast on Imladris and the community is the best. Angry mob night a few times a week would be an awesome way for everyone getting together and having some fun. All the suggestions on here are excellent.

~ Salute

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3