We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Error #0x80004005

I was riding through Bree and I crashed to desktop (a not uncommon occurrence.) When I attempted to get back in, the client stalled at "getting in line to queue" and then a box popped up with this error code. All attempts afterward to get onto my main server, Withywindle, are met with this outcome. I can get onto other servers. It's just Withywindle, where the characters that I want to play and where my kin is, that is locking me out.

Help?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000dceda/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just posting here too (also posted in Withywindle forum) as I am getting the same error and am also on a Mac.
    H

See this thread:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...to-Withywindle
    Multiple Mac users experiencing the same problem; getting the same error message. Withywindle appears to be the only affected server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000dceda/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yep, I'm also on a Mac and I'm getting this error too. I was logged on all day without incident, then took a break, and when I came to log back in, I couldn't log into Withywindle and got this same error.

Identical Problem

After receiving the error, I end up stuck on "Getting in line to connect...." and the "Leave Login Queue" button fails.

Just to pile on, me too. 3 different Macs tried through steam and straight lotroclient on all three. Only Withywindle seeing the problem. Been down since I first tried at ~4:30CT.

I have the same issue on my mac as well

Same problem here. Need to spread the word on this so Turbine can fix.

I have a Mac to

It still doesnt work. When will it you guys think?

After not working for around the past 18 hours, I am now able to log onto WW on my Mac (non-steam client)!
    I hope everything works for you guys as well!

This kind of a problem is "frequent" and effects a single server only. (Occasionally an individual, but usually a server.)

Turbine needs to deal with the problem at the Server Level -- probably reboot it.

File a TICKET! Bug reports can take days to filter through the maze.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Cool Mac

YESSS!!

Smile

I'm in now too... probably needed a server reset.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Question

Just experienced this error tonight. I'm on Elendilmir, and locked out of any server. I can write up specifics. (see below paragraph)

Running Ost Dunhoth Disease/poison wings T2, after getting diddly squat in loot (yay relics >.< )
    My monitor went black, and into a power save mode. After discussing what to do on ventrillo (which was working, and I could hear game sounds still going. I managed to alt+f4 everything closed, and shut down the computer. (Alt+F4, followed by U to turn off). I had fiddled with cords trying to fix the monitor, the only thing that fixxed that part was the computer reboot.... anywho.
    I went to log back into the game with the monitor now functioning fine. Kinship told me I was still ingame LD. Usually I can come back from LDs with no problem, but it seems this time, I've mucked something up. When I managed to first log back into the game I got stuck at the Connection Successful. I sat there and watched it for a good couple minutes, before hitting the X and retrying.

So I am now stuck with this error #0x80004005. Trying to get back in for raid, but I suspect this may take longer than normal. The folks who have experienced this, did you have to wait for server reset, or were able to contact support and kick your account into order? I'm patient. Just posting the details before I forget.

LOL! I just hit the New Posts button, and I can see a total flood of people getting this error, so it is not just me. But it is a total fluke that my monitor went black.

PS. This is actually a PC not a Mac issue for me. I just grabbed the error from google.
    Last edited by Griffy; May 30 2013 at 01:44 AM.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

I keep getting this same error

I am from Elendilmir BTW, using Windows 7 (posting here cause I google'd the error and it brought me here)
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

I'm getting the same error as well. Been trying to get in for over two hours now. I have a PC Windows 7. None of the servers are working for me and I play on quite a few.

Same problem here as well. Win 7 PC. And, I am also from a different server.
    Been trying to connect to Crickhollow most of the night, and keep getting the same error.

Finally had to just give up and go back to one of the browser games I regularly play because it wouldn't let me in even once. Also, been seeing similar threads like this everywhere on the net, but, unfortunately, with no solutions.

Seriously, Turbine needs to either fix their servers or do something about this queue problem. We didn't have this problem months ago when I played. Why now?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000064fb9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

same error i'm experiencing. Turbine we need some explanation
    ARCHITECT r10 warleader* MORDORZ r9 reaver* SABERFANG r9 stalker* MISTERFRODO r7 weaver* KAMATAYAN r7 defiler

I can't log into any of the servers (on a mac) and neither can my friend (pc)

says something about a failed connection and then a series of numbers with an x

anyone know what's going on? because as far as I know now all the servers are down

)x80004005

I am getting the same problem on Windows 7, the actual code is a standard windows code, which shows the client cannot access the queue (you get this error when you try to access an object in windows which the system cannot find or which you do not have permission to access). It is probably the most common error in windows.

PS the problem does seem widespread I tried several servers.

I'm getting the same deal using the Mac client attempting to connect to Landroval. It was working about 6 hours ago - now - negatory.

Turbine had a networking problem from about midnight 0000 to 0400 EST last evening.

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Receiving this error on the launcher 6:34pm Pacific 9/9/2013. Failed to queue for server x80004005.

Crashes back to the desktop.

Windows 7 x64. note: Played fine about 2 hours previous to this post.

Update: 6:50pm Pacific

Filed a ticket. Rebooted PC (per the 411 in the FAQs which I had done before but did it again). At 6:50pm was able to connect.
    Last edited by SabrielofLorien; Sep 09 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    Receiving this error on the launcher 6:34pm Pacific 9/9/2013. Failed to queue for server x80004005.
    This error means the server is not accessible...

The reason may be
    1- Typically, the server is down, for any number of reasons

2- Turbine is having local networking problems
    3- Your ISP is having problems
    4- The Internet is having problems.

In the first case, this can be one server or all of them if it is a scheduled maintenance window.

2,3,4 all tend to be "transitory" problems.... caused by things such as network congestion over which none of us have any control... and which tend to "disappear" as quickly as they appeared.

Any time I get that error, I first check to see if the maintenance window is open.
    Then I check "LOTROHearld" on my iPhone (Free from Odd Duck Computing: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lotr...330820990?mt=8) to see if that server is up.
    (There is (or was) a DDOHerald version also. I still have my copy, but I don't know that he has updated it since their Forum change this year.)
    http://www.oddduckcomputing.com/lotroherald

Or alternately, you can check: http://lux-hdro.de/serverstatus.php

The I try again... and it is usually fine.

Turbine support has this to say: (which is mostly whistling past the graveyard)

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...ver-0x80004005

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valanne - Beorning (92)