We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter Situation Analogies Thread

Post your analogies here of the situation of Hunters in the grand scheme of things.

kicking it off

Death by a thousand cuts

You *accidentally* are cut a thousand times by a rusty knife (because intentional cuts would require the knife wielder to acknowledge your existence)
    Your peers are, on the other hand, getting gifts and massages at "La Uber Leet Spa" and/or kicking back and enjoying a more/less peaceful and useful existence.
    Your enemies (creeps) are pumping iron and tears at the gym, and getting buffed by the same guy that cut your.
    Your "so called" friends: champs/minis/wardens, are laughing at you while you bleed.
    Your enemies come and throw raw sewage at you. You become infected and fall deathly ill
    Your "friends" laugh.
    A champ comes up to you and kicks you in the teeth and spits on you.
    The rest laugh, except the burg... who somewhat understands your pain, but does nothing but watch.

Posted these before but this would be a good place to share them again:

Easter Island: Gradually trees became fewer, smaller, and less important. By the time the last fruit-bearing adult palm tree was cut, palms had long since ceased to be of economic significance. That left only smaller and smaller palm saplings to clear each year, along with other bushes and treelets. No one would have noticed the felling of the last small palm.

Death by 1000 Cuts: The way a major negative change, which happens slowly in many unnoticed increments, is not perceived as objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period.
    Last edited by Legonist; Feb 04 2013 at 05:26 PM.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legonist View Post

Death by 1000 Cuts: The way a major negative change, which happens slowly in many unnoticed increments, is not perceived as objectionable if it took place in a single step or short period.

for something more real than my version (+ rep if I could)

Hmm...
    An image begins to form....
    Christmas. Bright lights, merry voices, and a holiday music.
    A Christmas tree. Bulging presents. A roaring fire, over which hang stockings. The clock strikes twelve, and lo and behold! 'Tis Santa Claus himself!
    Ho ho ho! Jolly Saint Nick reaches into his bag, places an iPhone, iPad, iMac, and Ferrari in the stocking (bigger on the inside; for more details, see Doctor Who).
    Little Timmy wakes up. He sees dear Saint Nick. He looks in his stocking, his eyes lighting up. With a wondrous kick he lays Santa low between the legs, and yells "WORST CHRISTMAS EVER!"
    Timmy=Hunter.
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    The rest laugh, except the burg... who somewhat understands your pain, but does nothing but watch.
    Pfft, what's the burg to do? Seriously. What are hunters doing to help out burgs?

At least no one is asking hunters to run straight into the middle of a creep raid to "try" to get a kill. Burgs are as squishy as hunters ... but at least hunters get to sit back with the healers and pew pew. At least hunters get to take advantage of GV/rez camps. At least hunters can track those upcoming wargs. At least hunters have not been deprived of their key role (burgs have lost their "support" title).

I play both classes often. I feel your pain. But don't try taking it out on the guys in the same boat.
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

How about we trade shoes and you go melee the creeps with a mighty 35% mitigations and 10k morale :O It's the other way round mate!
    Only correction is hunters watch from 40m range and QQ!
    Last edited by Arnahk; Feb 04 2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Arnahk View Post
    How about we trade shoes and you go melee the creeps with a mighty 35% mitigations and 10k morale :O It's the other way round mate!
    Only correction is hunters watch from 40m range and QQ!
    you're taking to the wrong way.
    That was meant to say that burgs now understand the meaning of our current pain... but they physically cant do much about it because they are a separate class.

also, don't forget that you have survival skills + escape skills + reliable self heal + stealth + safe fall + from-stealth mez + tons of stuns + debuffs + on-demand crit etc...

We may be in the same boat, but you've got a life jacket...

and not so very long ago.... I remember burgs lecturing US down on how we need to stop crying and learn to play.

Im not holding anything against burgs right now... Im just saying that we've been down here in this hole a loooong time.... and we don't exactly take kindly to newcomers from the OPver world, especially those who were once OP.

hopefully we can strike some kind of alliance... with 2 classes calling for help together, we might just get something done....

.... maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Pfft, what's the burg to do? Seriously. What are hunters doing to help out burgs?
    Did burgs ever help out Hunters in the past?

Short answer: no

Long Answer: nope

In fact, I remember several burgs on the old "Hunter 3rd or 4rth DPS class?" thread telling us to stuff a pie in it.

but now that you're down here, perhaps we can work together.

Im not holding anything against burgs right now... Im just saying that we've been down here in this hole a loooong time.... and we don't exactly take kindly to newcomers from the OPver world, especially those who were once OP.
    Hunters were once OP too. Those who have played long enough remember those days.

Burgs have been nerfed hard over the past 2 years. Audacity hurt burg key skills far more than hunters. Our survival skills broke over a year ago. Hunters at least got a small buff with that bubble. You still have not answered the question, what have hunters done for burgs? What can be done?

Best thing we can do is keep eachothers classes out of our finger-pointing.
    Cost (85 Hunter, r7), Costs (95 RK. r8), Cosst (95 Burglar, r11), Costss (85 Guard, r7), Cossts (95 Mini, r10), Costts (85 Cappy, r8), Cosstt (85 LM, r9), Costt (95 Warden, r7), Craid (Warg, r9)

Hunters were once OP too. Those who have played long enough remember those days.

Burgs have been nerfed hard over the past 2 years. Audacity hurt burg key skills far more than hunters. Our survival skills broke over a year ago. Hunters at least got a small buff with that bubble. You still have not answered the question, what have hunters done for burgs? What can be done?

Best thing we can do is keep each others classes out of our finger-pointing.
    Short answer for pretty much any classes trying to help each other: Never/Almost Never
    but let me quote:

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa

Lets work on what we have to today to get our classes back on par with the other classes.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Best thing we can do is keep eachothers classes out of our finger-pointing.
    I've been here since late SOA... and we WERE in fact OP dps wise.... for about an update.

burgs on the other hand, have been OP even since the SOA days, and have only recently suffered a decline.

but anyway... I hope we can set aside whatever differences and get out of this hole

So tell me ...

Why exactly aren't you logged on Bullroarer now? And bombarding them with feedback on why they nerfed agility classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    So tell me ...

Why exactly aren't you logged on Bullroarer now? And bombarding them with feedback on why they nerfed agility classes?
    I'm guessing words got into him. (not trying to be offense here lendas as for I approve much of you stuffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Legonist View Post

“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ― Mother Teresa
    Analogies thread?

"the desperation of some hunters got so bad they started quoting mother teresa."

I like burgs, burgs are fun to play. Stealth classesare a blast.

Good luck out there all and remember, it may only be a game to some but for others the investment is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombielord View Post
    So tell me ...

Because no matter what we say on BR, nothing will change.

BR is BUG TESTING. not DEVELOPMENT FEEDBACK

and that's exactly what the devs filter.... they only look for bugs and ignore most of the feedback.

If I made a thread on BR saying "Nerf to Hunters!!!" No dev would look at it.
    number 1: they dont know what Hunters are (I mean.... I have not seen a dev legitimately attempt to establish contact with hunters in 1.5 YEARS .....

number 2: they are not looking for feedback. They made up their mind and went ahead with their actions. Nothing we say/do on BR forums will change the outcome of U10.

The thing it WILL achieve is draw a swarm of Champs/mini/wardens/creeps to come and criticize and beat down any kind of attempts by the Hunter community to establish a legitimate call to action on the part of the class.

essentially they will say exactly what the devs want to hear: L2P hunters, you are fine.

no work for devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post

Good luck out there all and remember, it may only be a game to some but for others the investment is real.
    .... IDK if that was an insult or some misinterpreted phrase by my part.

me and most other hunters I know / see here are casual players...

I have been playing casually since late SOA, and all I would like to have is the ability to enjoy my class and enjoy middle earth the way it was mean to be enjoyed, and by Tolkien I have had enough, and instead of getting frustrated on a forgotten class, Im practicing the art of the argument here on the Forums.... hoping to one day get my class back.

Because no matter what we say on BR, nothing will change.

BR is BUG TESTING. not DEVELOPMENT FEEDBACK

In other words you've never been to BR ...
    Seen lots and lots of changes being made during the last beta, but if all you want to do is sit here and whine then you may do so. Just don't come running and complain once U10 is live

The thing it WILL achieve is draw a swarm of Champs/mini/wardens/creeps to come and criticize and beat down any kind of attempts by the Hunter community to establish a legitimate call to action on the part of the class.
    Oh ... my ... god ..