We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trait Line Suggestions

I am traited 5 blue and 2 red

one of the red is critical eye and the other red i have a choice between

True Shot (-8% Penetrating Shot Target Mitigation)
    Swift and True ( +8% Swift Bow Damage, +15% Damage for Third attack of improved swift bow)
    Fast Draw (-0.2s induction time for Swift Bow, -0.1s induction time for Barbed Arrow)

which of those 3 traits will increase my DPS the most
    onlevel [B]TOO[/B] 1/5 [B]OD [/B]2/6 [B]BG [/B]1/3scaled : [B]LOLEREBOR [/B]2/3 [B]OD [/B]6/6 [B]BG[/B] 3/3 [B]HELEGROD [/B]3/3

True shot hands down.

It buffs the DPS button, so its a must have.

Cool

Im one of those old hunters who is crazy and runs 5 red 2 blue because i use strength stance. I will use the red trait line and strength stance for my dps until the day i die from the 1000 cuts of nerf i have received.

but listen to Lendas he knows his stuff, i saw him camping the forums waiting to pounce before you posted the thread.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

I'm tempted to take the trapper of foes line, since crowd control helps me solo. What's the general opinion on that? In parties would people generally want me to go straight DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad29 View Post
    I'm tempted to take the trapper of foes line, since crowd control helps me solo. What's the general opinion on that? In parties would people generally want me to go straight DPS?
    LMs and Burgs can CC a lot better than hunters can even when we're traited yellow. This also reduces our DPS quite a bit especially given that our role is DPS. Trapper is useless and honestly, I think it's adorable when I see hunters seriously traiting yellow. For soloing, you'll want to burn down mobs fast, CCs aren't going to help.
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

If you're gonna go to the moors, I would suggest going 5 blue (fleetness capstone) and either critical eye and true shot or critical eye and heightened senses. Only reason I would suggest heightened senses is because you can track creeps over longer distances and track stealthed wargs, which is ideal for solo moors play. You could try going 5 red with cool burn, but only in a rez camp situation, because the inductions take way too long. Redline is best for optimal DPS in PvE and moors play, but in the moors you have to be able to get your inductions off quick and on the move.

If you're gonna PvE, I could suggest either 5 blue 2 red or 5 red 2 blue. For long raids I'd go redline, since all you do is sit there and pew pew, so getting your inductions off won't be a problem (unless you steal aggro from a tank, but we won't go into that lol). Back in ToO days I would always trait redline, but I guess it just depends on the raid. The new raids nowadays tend to be more "on the move" type raids and you need to be running here and there and need to keep your focus up and inductions quick, so for that I'd go blue line. I also heard that one of the new raids coming out with U10 is gonna be a "DPS race", so you're probably gonna have to go blue line to optimize your max DPS in that.
    [Jonp - Rank 11 Hunter] [Garaluk - Rank 9 Reaver]

Quote Originally Posted by QueenArleth View Post
    LMs and Burgs can CC a lot better than hunters can even when we're traited yellow. This also reduces our DPS quite a bit especially given that our role is DPS. Trapper is useless and honestly, I think it's adorable when I see hunters seriously traiting yellow. For soloing, you'll want to burn down mobs fast, CCs aren't going to help.
    Unfortunately it doesn't matter how fast I can burn down one enemy if there are two or three others who get into the fight at the same time. I haven't gotten the rain of thorns skill yet, so I'm not sure how well that would help, but when I'm alone I need everything I can to keep groups from ganging up on me.

One on one it would take an elite to really be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad29 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't matter how fast I can burn down one enemy if there are two or three others who get into the fight at the same time. I haven't gotten the rain of thorns skill yet, so I'm not sure how well that would help, but when I'm alone I need everything I can to keep groups from ganging up on me.

One on one it would take an elite to really be a threat.
    If you are careful, you should very very rarely have to fight three foes at the same time.

If you are careful, you should rarely have to fight two at the same time, but it happens.

Use your traps. Use Bard's Arrow. Use Cry of the Predator if one is an animal. Use Distracting Shot. Use Low Cut and kite.

Bottom line is that the advice you were given to focus on your maximum dps is the best advice, and for those situations when you have two foes, you are equipped to handle that, and for the rare situations when you have three foes, you are equipped to handle that, too.

If you are really finding that you regularly are having to fend off 2-3 or more foes at a time, then practicing your aggro management might help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000a250/01006/signature.png]Huntress[/charsig]
    The Package Gaming Order circa 1999 ([url]www.the-package.net[/url])
    a/k/a >O< Mister Schmeckl a/k/a michaelp68

Not sure what you plan on dpsing but as long as it's single target and not landscape mobs I use some combination of Barbed Fury(as long as you renew the bleed every ten seconds)/Fast Draw/True Shot
    Megabob

while solo-ing on landscape: swift and true... the extra damage for 3 arrows in 1.5 seconds or less will help you kill things faster. true shot doesn't help against landscape mobs because you're already ignoring all of their mitigations. (elites and up have more mits, but generally not found on landscape, unless you wander off into fellowship areas) fast draw will let you fire off swift bow in under a second, but unless you're trying to set a new record on killing the most landsccape mobs in a certain amount of time by chain pulling them to keep yourself in combat the whole time, i don't really see the point. but even then, .2 seconds doesn't gain you 8% damage over a 10 second cycle.

now, in raids true shot is much more desirable, as there are alot more elite masters on up to have enough mitigations to bypass. so it becomes a toss up between true shot and swift and true. imo, inductions with improved fleetness plus hytbold huntsman set are fast enough. .2 seconds saved by fast draw will be eaten up by raid lag anyway.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper