We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Tokens

Tokens

I have some anniversary tokens and they say I can take them to Tad Leafcutter in Bree and exchange them for marks. He exchanged the copper, tin, silver,etc but not the anniversay tokens. Is this a bug? and why can't I exchange the Eglain,Race, Anorian, Frostbluff Yule, and Salutation tokens as well? Will I be able to do the same with racial(like those you get for doing quest for the malladrim,etc) tokens as well?
    charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003b43dd/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Only a few barter currencies can be converted to marks. Most of them can not be converted.

Some Tokens like Yule tokens are discontinued currency. The Yule tokens were not used in the 2012 Yule festival. We did not use Race tokens in the Yule Festival. Nor did we use Writs of Horse ownership. The Yule tokens should have converted to universal Festival tokens. Why the Yule tokens did not convert no idea. Perhaps it has something to do with no Festival being active. Perhaps the Premium Wallet is required.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Feb 03 2013 at 04:02 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilrond View Post
    I have some anniversary tokens and they say I can take them to Tad Leafcutter in Bree and exchange them for marks. He exchanged the copper, tin, silver,etc but not the anniversay tokens. Is this a bug? and why can't I exchange the Eglain,Race, Anorian, Frostbluff Yule, and Salutation tokens as well? Will I be able to do the same with racial(like those you get for doing quest for the malladrim,etc) tokens as well?
    My guess is that you have to wait for the anniversary festival for the option to appear, it may be related to the festival token changes the previous poster already mentioned.

There are no Frostbluff/Yule festival tokens any more, are you sure you were able to change them? All festival tokens get converted to a united "festival token", since the system was first applied during this past Yule festival the tokens from the other festivals have to "wait" till the equivalent season comes to be converted.

The conversion doesn't require the premium wallet upgrade. It becomes automatically when you move the tokens from your vault in your bags.
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]
    Visit our [url=www.wefightforfood.com]website[/url] or find us on fb :)

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Why the Yule tokens did not convert no idea. Perhaps it has something to do with no Festival being active. Perhaps the Premium Wallet is required.
    I have the premium wallet and it didn't look like they were converted to anything. I'm confused here too. Maybe I need to visit Tad?
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    I have the premium wallet and it didn't look like they were converted to anything. I'm confused here too. Maybe I need to visit Tad?
    Perhaps you have to play during an active festival. My Yule tokens did not convert before the Yule Festival started.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Perhaps you have to play during an active festival. My Yule tokens did not convert before the Yule Festival started.
    I played during the Yule Festival. I kept waiting for something to happen but it didn't.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

tokens

How about the others?
    charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003b43dd/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by miofli View Post
    My guess is that you have to wait for the anniversary festival for the option to appear, it may be related to the festival token changes the previous poster already mentioned.

There are no Frostbluff/Yule festival tokens any more, are you sure you were able to change them? All festival tokens get converted to a united "festival token", since the system was first applied during this past Yule festival the tokens from the other festivals have to "wait" till the equivalent season comes to be converted.

The conversion doesn't require the premium wallet upgrade. It becomes automatically when you move the tokens from your vault in your bags.
    How about the other tokens (i.e., Malladrim, Eglain, etc.)?

To my knowledge the non festival tokens remain as they were, the change was only for the festival tokens.

I don't own the premium wallet and yet the festival tokens did add to my wallet as soon as I moved them from my vault to my bags, just only the Yule ones were converted to the the new "Festival Tokens". The tokens I had saved from the other festivals (eg. summer, fall festival) were added to my wallet in separate categories ("Fall festival tokens" etc etc) and they will probably be converted when the equivalent festival goes live (at least that is what is supposed to happen according to the initial announcement of the change). The only tokens that didn't convert for me were the treasure hunt tokens, I am not sure if this is WAI or bug.

You can read the developer diary about the festival token change here

I am quoting:

Because of this move to the new currency, all of your saved up Frostbluff Coins and Yule Festival Tokens will be converted to the new Festival Tokens. We are also no longer requiring Race Tokens or Documents of Mount Ownership to buy any festival mounts. Any existing Race Tokens you got from the horse race will convert for three Festival Tokens. The Document of Mount Ownership will be converted into a MTX Festival Ticket that you can use to reset quests. All of these items (along with other, prime festival currencies like Summer Festival Tokens) are also now items that will go into your barter wallet, regardless of whether or not you have the Premium Barter Wallet. If you have stacks of these stashed in your vault, be sure to put them into your inventory so that they convert. You will see them go in to your barter wallet in their current form, and when you re-log you’ll see them convert.
    Last edited by miofli; Feb 05 2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typos
    [COLOR=#E36C09][b]We Fight For Food Kinship[/b][/COLOR] - [COLOR=#9BBB59][i]Nimrodel Server[/i][/COLOR]
    Visit our [url=www.wefightforfood.com]website[/url] or find us on fb :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilrond View Post
    How about the other tokens (i.e., Malladrim, Eglain, etc.)?
    These tokens are not being converted to universal coins. The only conversions that I am aware of:

1) The various Festival coins for Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter along with the Race tokens are going to be changed to Silver Festival Tokens. Winter Festival introduced a new Gold Festival token. Festivals now work like the Malladrim and other factions.

2) The older instance clusters have their own cluster coins. As Turbine converts these clusters to be scaling instances, the instances coins are converting to the universal instance currencies Marks and Medallions. Seals you have to earn running instances that award Seals.

I've seen no indication that the faction coins like you find Evendim, Lorien, Mirkwood, Endewaith, Great River ... are going to be converted to any form of universal currency. There are several suggestions that we be able to take our silver branches and other faction currency to an NPC convert them to Marks similar to what we can do with the tin, bronze, iron ... Anniversary coins.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Feb 05 2013 at 04:44 PM.

tokens

Thanks everybody