We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738

    Influx of creeps post-RoR

    With the astronomical influx of players on creepside post-RoR... I have but one question:

    Where were all you guys when creepside was difficult, and raid leaders such as Spiderbyte, myself, Iraqandroll, Creamsicle, or Daddyofglee had to fill up raids with f2p freavers to fight against less than or equal numbers of ungrouped freeps? Never in my life have I seen so many creeps during peak or off-peak hours with a 3:1 advantage... grouped/raided against a handful of freeps. This was a photo taken second day of f2p:

    Of the freavers in this photo, guess how many were grouped? Yup. None.

    Where were all you guys when creepside was actually challenging? Not playing?

    Couldn't ?

    Where are you guys when me, Del, or Aris are leading a raid freepside? Sitting in NPCs all night? Logging? Where will you be after freeps get battlefield promotions and are OP again? Will we get to play creep again?
    Last edited by Ravyrn; Feb 03 2013 at 09:06 AM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post

    Couldn't ?
    Couldn't hang?
    Couldn't coat?
    Couldn't hook?
    Couldn't coat-hanger?
    Couldn't back-up back-up back-up contraceptive?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    They'll roll or flip back to creep and or complain freeps are op and need a nerf.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    I've killed many freeps, they whined back then. Now they whine even more

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    716


    --..--..----.. --- .. ---- ...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000025086/signature.png]Haji[/charsig]
    Tuin lvl 75 Captain

  6. #6
    Maybe they're just new/returning players coming to LoTRO during a period of boosted popularity due to the Hobbit, Turbine's increased marketing to capitalize on the opportunity, and a very large new update coming soon?

    ORRRRR maybe ALL of them suddenly decided to play on creeps JUST to spit in your and Tarvin's unprecedented and incredibly important legacy on our server of Gladden!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011eb70/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart06 View Post
    Maybe they're just new/returning players coming to LoTRO during a period of boosted popularity due to the Hobbit, Turbine's increased marketing to capitalize on the opportunity, and a very large new update coming soon?

    ORRRRR maybe ALL of them suddenly decided to play on creeps JUST to spit in your and Tarvin's unprecedented and incredibly important legacy on our server of Gladden!
    Do you like, PvP on Gladden? I can't say I've seen you in the moors.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ1125 View Post
    Do you like, PvP on Gladden? I can't say I've seen you in the moors.
    I'm pretty sure that's Blackheart, aka one crazy skilled warden.

  9. #9
    The current influx of creeps is due to creeps being easy-mode. You should recognize the pattern by now, Vic: the majority of Gladdenites always play whichever side is easier to play. There are very few "just-creeps" or "just-freeps". It's why we always have to play the underpowered side.

    I expect after the next update to be back on creep. Which I wouldn't mind too much... Creamsicle is feeling very lonely these days.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by loreelf View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's Blackheart, aka one crazy skilled warden.
    no way, Blackheart's nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanSinner View Post
    The current influx of creeps is due to creeps being easy-mode. You should recognize the pattern by now, Vic: the majority of Gladdenites always play whichever side is easier to play. There are very few "just-creeps" or "just-freeps". It's why we always have to play the underpowered side.

    I expect after the next update to be back on creep. Which I wouldn't mind too much... Creamsicle is feeling very lonely these days.
    Pff, look whose talking. You've been a burg for how long? "the underpowered side" that didnt bother you when you could 1 shot a creep with another burg within 2 sec.
    Last edited by Witch0King; Feb 03 2013 at 04:17 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    I think part of it is easy mode.

    I think another part of it may be that creeps have consistent leadership and consistent experienced players. Some people just don't want to deal with a side that has less experience. That would take work and patience. It's easier to do something that's a sure bet and not left a finger to fix the problem.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    I hate to inform you but the transition has already started.

    The flipfloppers who were crying Creeps are OP are starting to discover that that just isn't true and while Freeps aren't as OP as they were, they still are OP in general and will be even more so this coming update.

    Oh they still log Creepside and farm Comms because it's easier but as soon as numbers show up for Freeps then they Flip over to take advantage. On a Freep dominate nite, there will be about 15 to 18 dedicated Creeps.

    You can have some great pvp with just 15 to 18 per side, the problem lies in not providing the ez-moders with incentive to flipflop.

    The dedicated Creeps on this server don't really need anyone to flip to even things up. We just need 15 to 18 dedicated Freeps to organize and play as a team. All the folks out here seeking shiney new toys need something else to do.

    It's not going to happen but Ideally, If you want to pvp then pick a side and stick to it.. If you want to play both sides, pick your side here and play the other on another server..

    As much money as I see some of you freeps spend in the store, transferring your creeps shouldn't be a problem.

    Things now are actually the most balanced as for team play goes as I've ever seen it.. It's sad that Freeps have to have the auto win buttons, or they cry til they get it back.. but that's how an ezmoding dominated mmo world goes..
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243
    I find any post by Gunnor comical because 2-3 years ago he was fighting against the person he's become.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMaxtor View Post
    I hate to inform you but the transition has already started.

    The flipfloppers who were crying Creeps are OP are starting to discover that that just isn't true and while Freeps aren't as OP as they were, they still are OP in general and will be even more so this coming update.

    Oh they still log Creepside and farm Comms because it's easier but as soon as numbers show up for Freeps then they Flip over to take advantage. On a Freep dominate nite, there will be about 15 to 18 dedicated Creeps.

    You can have some great pvp with just 15 to 18 per side, the problem lies in not providing the ez-moders with incentive to flipflop.

    The dedicated Creeps on this server don't really need anyone to flip to even things up. We just need 15 to 18 dedicated Freeps to organize and play as a team. All the folks out here seeking shiney new toys need something else to do.

    It's not going to happen but Ideally, If you want to pvp then pick a side and stick to it.. If you want to play both sides, pick your side here and play the other on another server..

    As much money as I see some of you freeps spend in the store, transferring your creeps shouldn't be a problem.

    Things now are actually the most balanced as for team play goes as I've ever seen it.. It's sad that Freeps have to have the auto win buttons, or they cry til they get it back.. but that's how an ezmoding dominated mmo world goes..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    Obviously, I understand why you think Creeps are OP...
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson TX
    Posts
    1,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendrone View Post
    I find any post by Gunnor comical because 2-3 years ago he was fighting against the person he's become.
    EZ Freeping has made me what I am today.. Thanks for noticing... I am a slow learner but at least I did see the light.. It's hard to believe I waisted over 5 yrs on a Guard..
    Last edited by DaxMaxtor; Feb 03 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Ronnug - The Blueberry Reaver on Gladden
    I don't feel a thing when dieing ingame. The only time I really mind is when the rez is on the other side of the map.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    South Carolina, US
    Posts
    368
    For Lunch today, I had a Jr. Bacon cheeseburger, a side of fries and an out of this world frosty. Still in debate if I like the Oreo Mcflurry or the Frosty from Wendys more. Can we keep this going, its fantastic reading material at work!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish123 View Post
    For Lunch today, I had a Jr. Bacon cheeseburger, a side of fries and an out of this world frosty. Still in debate if I like the Oreo Mcflurry or the Frosty from Wendys more. Can we keep this going, its fantastic reading material at work!
    Just get some soft serve ice cream and mix in some chocolate chip teddy grahams into it. Delicoius!
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gramsfoot
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylad View Post
    You realize the reason for this isn't OPness, right? I wake up... Vurgs tribe is on. They remain on most of the day and night. How often do you see ANY freep out there fr the entirety of the day? I was on so much, getting 19-30k a night because I needed my WLs rank. Creeps usually have consistent leadership, whether it be Vurg, Grog, Tarvin, lately Grimmrokk a little bit. Who do Freeps have? Thereadan and if aris vic or del feel like it, one of them. not only that, I hear EVERY time I get in Vent that the Freeps whom were invited, were/are not listening to Del, Vic or Aris' targets and directions. Much like Tarvin, getting distracted and chasing a solo target away from his heals, many freeps do the same. Then they wonder why they died, and they log.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish123 View Post
    For Lunch today, I had a Jr. Bacon cheeseburger, a side of fries and an out of this world frosty. Still in debate if I like the Oreo Mcflurry or the Frosty from Wendys more. Can we keep this going, its fantastic reading material at work!
    The value meal at Wendys. I think it has more to do with your ginger fascination...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendmaggot View Post
    You realize the reason for this isn't OPness, right? I wake up... Vurgs tribe is on. They remain on most of the day and night. How often do you see ANY freep out there fr the entirety of the day? I was on so much, getting 19-30k a night because I needed my WLs rank. Creeps usually have consistent leadership, whether it be Vurg, Grog, Tarvin, lately Grimmrokk a little bit. Who do Freeps have? Thereadan and if aris vic or del feel like it, one of them. not only that, I hear EVERY time I get in Vent that the Freeps whom were invited, were/are not listening to Del, Vic or Aris' targets and directions. Much like Tarvin, getting distracted and chasing a solo target away from his heals, many freeps do the same. Then they wonder why they died, and they log.
    Creeps, in general, also have more renown/infamy buffs than freeps. As the map is usually more red than blue and they have the delving buffs more often also. I would say creeps are currently (in most cases) OP at the solo level, but as you add more numbers to both sides, it begins to balance out quite nicely. Freep battlefield promotions will bring balance back to some classes at the solo level while I believe will classes will likely become OP, even at the solo level, and freeps undoubtedly will have the advantage in raid vs raid.

    I'm kinda looking forward to the changes though. I can hopefully solo again on my hunter some w/o getting roflpwned and am looking forward to playing my creeps again as creepside will likely need some help.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathius View Post
    The value meal at Wendys. I think it has more to do with your ginger fascination...
    What's wrong with ginger fascination? Did you know Wendy is the daughter of the the founder of Wendy's? I read that on the interwebs after watching "Epic Sax Guy" for 10 hours.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    580
    itll be exciting to see the freevers go - i wish f2p would completely go away or switch classes monthly that you can play.

    on the freeps being op again... Im surprised that its taken so long, just another step in the evolution of the moors. at least something is changing and were going to experience the moors in a different light. i hope itll lead to a new zone one day...

    I do hate freeps, hate flopping... wish there were enough steady plays to choose sides... maybe one day...

    only in dreams


    althorr you suck

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkshipOfLanterns View Post
    .......althorr you suck

    I love you too Darling

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload