We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Scholar Material drops/locations disproportional to other Professions?

So I just rolled a Loremaster with the Historian Vocation after playing my Captain with Armourer Vocation. One of the most obvious differences between the Vocations is scholar material locations i.e. vases are so rare compared to mines which are everywhere.

Anyone else see this?

Vases are going to be prevalent in certain areas. The difference is more than made up for in mob drops. Scholars can walk away with a hefty load of mats from killing humanoid mobs and undead mobs. You want to talk about unfair drops then you should be looking at grabbing hides. There is only one way to receive hides from the landscape. (unless you want to count backpacks and things like that)
    Noldor of Arkenstone

Actually, to be honest, I find that my scholar has an easier time getting the materials I need compared with my prospector-related characters. I can get a load of mats out of 1 vase and get everything I need while my jeweler has to sift through all the different types of metal nodes in hopes of having what I need.

The only easier mats to get than scholar (IMHO) are farming mats and hides. On top of this, hides can be gathered by anyone not just a specific profession.

Check out this thread to find best concentrations of Scholar Nodes:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Node-Locations
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Loriandrel 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR]--[/B][B][COLOR=#0000ff]Loriandra 85 Woman Champion[/COLOR][/B][B]--[/B][B][COLOR=#ffd700]Lorrawyn 68 Elf Rune-keeper[/COLOR][/B][B]--
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]Lorrell 55 Woman Warden [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Lorieth 53 Woman Lore-master[/COLOR]--[COLOR=#008000]Lorifindel 33 Elf Guardian---[/COLOR]Dwarrowdelf[/B]

Also, with the exception of a few items required for Dyes etc, a Scholar can get pretty much everything he needs without needing other professions for component mats.

My impression is, that for the low level scholar mats you almost completely depend on drops from humanoid mobs. Vases are extremely rare in Bree or the Shire. This changes dramatically once you get to Eregion, Moria and Lothrien (don't know yet in higher areas).

For the low tiers you just have to be willing to farm a circuit of the ruins you get near those areas and be willing to kill some mobs while you are doing that (which gives you some other humanoid-dropped loot as well).