We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Aragron and the Ents

I am now reading The Two Towers for the umpteenth time and I was thinking about the fact that Aragorn is not only a Ranger, he is THE Ranger. He himself said that he has traveled intensively, even to the lands down South where "the stars are strange".

It just seems to me that he would know what Ents are, but he just teased Gandalf about talking in riddles when he was telling his story and mentioned Treebeard.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Ents were like a legend, nobody ever saw, nobody ever went in the forest. The Rohirrim who are there neighbours didnt believe in them. Sure he travelled alot, but I doubt he set foot inside Fangorn Forest. Even if he had, why would the ents show themselves?

Of course they wouldn't - that would be hasty......
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tuor66 View Post

Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by tuor66 View Post

Good answer, good answer!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check