We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigsjourney View Post
    Seriously you think that the Hytbold set is required for end game content... it helps but isnt essential, look at it this way, your saying that once you hit 85 you have to sit and wait 44 days before you can endgame... seriously?

No I am saying that we need to do it so we have the same gear, thats how you do comparisons, not on totally different set ups.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000004dc6e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Im sorry but the purpose of the beta is to check the contents stability and to try and break the content, if you can beat it then good.

Its not about throwing your best character at it to try and beat the content, its a test server not a preview server so ranting and flaming because you dont get the character copy is silly really.

As an EU player since launch its been fine to do the character copy when available but crying about it when you can make a raid ready character to TEST the content is fine, if you want to just preview the new content then your best waiting for launch as this is one of the reason why so many bugs make it through Beta stages is because people would rather try and zerg the new content before release, so yes you wont have your dragoch cloak or your nice shiny drops from Orthanc, but for beta testing is it really nessesery?

At the end of the day I created a raid ready character yesterday and ran one of the new raids, I had alot of fun testing the mechanics and I'm looking forward to testing it further, I think the one shot debuffs are a little harsh but well see.

And as for character copy, in the 60 mins it took to put my guy together he had 30k offence and 1st age lvl 85 weapon, good luck copying a character with LI's like that.

IF it does not matter, if you can copy your char. or not, then why have some of the american players been complaining, that they coud not UPDATE their transfered chars, resulting in a grand gesture of the GMs, deleting all chars, including the constucted chars of the european players.

I don´t know, maybe the revenue from the european servers or our english is so bad, that they don´t want to bother themself with us or our bugreports.

I will not create another char. on Bullroarer, so they will not have to read my misspelled bugreports.

So what, character copy bugged so they server wiped.

My character got deleted in the same server wipe, 1hr after the wipe I was raiding again (scratch built in eyes and guard).

If you want to stop helping make the game better then thats upto you, your ability to articulate in English should have no effect on the validity of your feedback.

Sapience, could you please put in the OP to be logged out of your character when you apply for character copy, and remain logged out until it is complete? Mine failed for my minstrel because I was logged into her at the time (or so I assume).
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Seriously you think that the Hytbold set is required for end game content... it helps but isnt essential, look at it this way, your saying that once you hit 85 you have to sit and wait 44 days before you can endgame... seriously?

Seriously its alot better then crafted gear etc, and easy to get while waiting for new raids, but sadly you dont have that time on a beta server when they wipe it etc,
    ps. go back to laurelin and grind for gear with wierd names and rp,,,,

and this is the "best" mmo community - I didn't realise that there was so much EU vs US hostility until reading this.

Its a pitty.

Also Sapience you could mitigate this by explaining why taking turns is necessary if it indeed is or alternatively just allow players from all servers to copy their chars across if there are no issues. To do otherwise is poor service or "community relations".

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    and this is the "best" mmo community - I didn't realise that there was so much EU vs US hostility until reading this.

Its a pitty.

Also Sapience you could mitigate this by explaining why taking turns is necessary if it indeed is or alternatively just allow players from all servers to copy their chars across if there are no issues. To do otherwise is poor service or "community relations".

I believe it was explained before about the databases being coded differently to one another. But i dont reallly understand then why they then cant just have alternating days to copy us etc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000004dc6e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Makadam-EU View Post
    Seriously its alot better then crafted gear etc, and easy to get while waiting for new raids, but sadly you dont have that time on a beta server when they wipe it etc,
    ps. go back to laurelin and grind for gear with wierd names and rp,,,,
    Never said it wasnt needed. I've done raids on BR and seriously when you have to grind your endgame gear what are you wearing?

Just because my Signature says i'm from Laurelin doesnt mean thats where my Main is, i've got characters on lots of servers
    and the fact you ended the post with such an infantile response paints a wonderful picture of you.

Never said it wasnt needed. I've done raids on BR and seriously when you have to grind your endgame gear what are you wearing?

Just because my Signature says i'm from Laurelin doesnt mean thats where my Main is, i've got characters on lots of servers
    and the fact you ended the post with such an infantile response paints a wonderful picture of you.

Well considering they always used to GIVE you raid level gear not crafted up to now I wouldnt know what I was usually wearing on BR to get it.

and yes his response was irritating to me (whom his actual post was supporting) As I am from Laurelin.

Post Monster Copy?

How would one go about copying a monster? Says it is possible in other threads.

my characters failed to copy

can you please fix it i copied 5 characters over to bullroarer and they failed to copy can you find out why thanks

angelstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Character Copy is currently AVAILABLE.
    Still can't copy from Estel. This have been two years since the transfer.
    Starting from now: while still no copy, then no testing, no bug report.

so we EU players are left out in the cold again??
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mandura View Post
    so we EU players are left out in the cold again??
    Well, of course, why change now?

RE character copy

I understand that there are differences between the us and eu character data which causes problems when combining the two on one server.
    So wouldn't it keep both camps happy if there were two bullroarer servers, one for each region ?

Well two servers would mean:
    - twice the costs
    - even less population than is on bullroarer now.. it's a very very small part of the playerbase that uses the test server
    - devs are already seldom, would be worse if this time is split between 2 servers

But it is crucial to 1) have your created character deleted every time (why can't they just save it so that we don't have to repeat it every single update)
    2) be not able to transfer your character.. which would be the best to be able to test it on the equipment you normally run with, Half of the time on bullroarer I spend with getting equipment where I can say I'm not running naked and see atleast some effects of the changes. After that and a short look I'm off again since I know it will be gone anyways when bullroarer goes off again.

There might be hundred other reasons and I can totally understand the request but I don't see it happening.

Like always only US get to test things.The only chance the EU have to test is only when preorder the new exp.So saddle up till the Helms deep beta comes out i you preorder
    Well who cares for EU?they dont pay in dollars!

Character copy

so once i copy the character what do i do?

this isn't about this topic but while I was plying on the normal server I killed a brigade west of Bree and he dropped Bullroarer heavy gloves I was wondering if they related to the test server?

No.

[COLOR=Red][B]TANSTAAFL[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by warlordjoyjoe View Post
    this isn't about this topic but while I was plying on the normal server I killed a brigand west of Bree and he dropped Bullroarer heavy gloves I was wondering if they related to the test server?
    You need to head over to Stock... in the Shire, and then up to Brockingborings (sp) ... there you will find a statue to Bullroarer Took, and the bits and pieces of his history and story.

The server is named for him.
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Quote Originally Posted by Arasnuil View Post
    so once i copy the character what do i do?
    There is no reason to do anything yet.

The Character Copy process is for Bullroarer testing only... you get to copy your choice of character ONE TIME per beta period (i.e. server reset) to Bullroarer so that you can use that toon for testing.

At this time the server is down.

One assumes that there will be a test period for 11.3 coming up... but maybe not... the next beta period may be for Update 12, Helm's Deep --- only Turbine knows and they have not sent out invitations yet for 12, and not loaded up 11.3... so (shrug) who knows?
    Bill Magill - Mac Player - Old Timers Guild- Gladden:

Partial cast
    Valamar: Dwarf Hunter - Level 105
    Valdicta: Dwarf Rune-keeper - Level 105
    Valanne: Beorning - Level 91

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2