We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon

Character Copy - UNAVAILABLE

Character Copy is currently UNAVAILABLE.
    Currently the former North American Servers are able to copy characters to Bullroarer.

Please note, you may only copy 5 Characters.
    Characters that fail to copy will not be reset until a full wipe or reset is required by the team.
    If someone has already copied a character with the same name, your charcter's name may change.

You can copy your character at this link: http://my.lotro.com/charactercopy
    Last edited by Sapience; Aug 16 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Will former EU players be give the opportunity to copy their characters at any stage during the testing of this update?
    NeXus on Snowbourn: Currently recruiting raid ready and available characters.
    Blister: Lvl 65 Champion Blostor: Lvl 65 Hunter Ruthod: Lvl 65 Loremaster
    Trandir: Lvl 65 Runekeeper Handlebar: Lvl 65 Burg Blisty: Lvl 65 Minstrel
    Litter: Lvl 3? Warden Jedweird: Lvl 3? Captain

Angry

Do NOT try to copy a character that you are logged on with, it will fail.
    Padraic L85 Race of Man Champion Brandywine Failed 2013-01-31 14:09:14

Quote Originally Posted by Padraic View Post
    Do NOT try to copy a character that you are logged on with, it will fail.
    Padraic L85 Race of Man Champion Brandywine Failed 2013-01-31 14:09:14
    you're suprised and angry at this? copy is an instant and automated process, why do you think that this can be done if you are logged into that character?
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Character Copy is currently AVAILABLE.
    Currently the former North American Servers are able to copy characters to Bullroarer.
    As far as I remember we were supposed to take turns, last Beta round was EEUU so it would be EU turn right now. But it's not.
    Are EU players going to be able to copy their characters at all in this Beta?

Copy worked yesterday, use it today and it fails...great! perfect! I don't understand the point of not allowing a reattempt feature.
    Last edited by xDementedx; Jan 31 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Once again North American servers get first shot, and probably the majority of the time to test as usual.

Community service is horrendous.
    Hydo - 85 Burglar [Rank 13 Snowbourn PvMP]
    Element Zero - Sub Director of LotRO division

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Character Copy is currently AVAILABLE.

Please note, you may only copy 5 Characters.
    Characters that fail to copy will not be reset until a full wipe or reset is required by the team.
    If someone has already copied a character with the same name, your charcter's name may change.

You can copy your character at this link: http://my.lotro.com/charactercopy
    I've been trying to copy characters over, but the link doesn't seem to be working right.

Edit: I got it to work on Chrome, but on Explorer I got only gibberish.
    Last edited by Morat; Jan 31 2013 at 08:47 PM.
    The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydo5 View Post
    Once again North American servers get first shot, and probably the majority of the time to test as usual.

Community service is horrendous.
    I woudnt worry about it Hydo, we can still make an 85 level toon easily enough, its not a huge issue.

i would also say that the majority probably dont test anything all they do it copy there kin across and try out the new raids and OD so they can get a head start on launch day :-(

No testing goes on really :-)
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Quote Originally Posted by MessyR View Post
    I woudnt worry about it Hydo, we can still make an 85 level toon easily enough, its not a huge issue.

i would also say that the majority probably dont test anything all they do it copy there kin across and try out the new raids and OD so they can get a head start on launch day :-(

No testing goes on really :-)
    I tried making an autolevelled guard, it has 12k morale, some rather random auto-bestowed crafted armour, and basically quite shocking stats.

I can't PUG the new instances on such a character. The best i can hope is that enough EU players get together and run the new instances below level, where the poor gear will matter less.
    Elf females - Nemulias (grd) Arenor (min - retired)
    Men - Farrowden (Champ), Rhoswith (lm), Manorborn (cpt)
    In Training : Snorlin (rk)
    Tankstrels RIP [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssQv83k6arY[/url]

GM's gave out some hytbold tokens, and gold recipe items last night. I am sure if you ask in Glff, you will be able to replace some of the items you have on live server. However, I agree, it takes time and from the discussion in last set of beta's it was supposed to be EU turn to copy. After all, the promise was given character copy would be alternate EU/NA.

OMG and the EU Players ? -.-!!!!!!!
    Lotro 2007-2013

Sanlie R12 Schurke
    Seance R12 Jäger

Allways the same - the europe players aren't important enough to copy their characters to bullroarer. Thanks again for your support.

What are the EU players complaining about?

Is it the fact they cant test the content or that they cant preview the content on there mains.

For update 9 I made a Burglar that wasnt that much different from the onr on live just by messing with the crafting in the eyes and guard tavern and getting rep with Eomer

Yes I would like to try my main on BR but to be honest the main client base for LOTRO is north america so it makes good business sense to test it their (yes Turbine is a business not a charity)

If people are really that intrested game testing then try applying for Palantir program or in extreme cases do a server transfer.

EU will get its chance eventurally just like we have before, no need to cry about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000445d5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Craigsjourney View Post
    Is it the fact they cant test the content or that they cant preview the content on there mains.

For update 9 I made a Burglar that wasnt that much different from the onr on live just by messing with the crafting in the eyes and guard tavern and getting rep with Eomer
    Good luck with that if you want to test raids on t2hm difficulty, for example to see how the damage is scaled against well geared characters. Or if it's even doable. What happens if not enough testing is done? We all could see it when ToO was released and Saruman t2hm was impossible to do / based on pure luck.

If people are really that intrested game testing then (...) do a server transfer
    Thank you for your valuable input. I'm filling the transfer form in a sec. Oh wait... I can't. No one can transfer from former EU server to US server or either way.

If europe players copy their charakters, could it be more interesting for whole kingships to test on bullroarer. It have to in the interest of turbine that much players as possible to test the new content.

What about the lottery? Thats for all possible - so there's time to open character copys for all players - if there are problems to do it - then try to fix it. Or american players importanter?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked_Witch View Post
    Good luck with that if you want to test raids on t2hm difficulty, for example to see how the damage is scaled against well geared characters. Or if it's even doable. What happens if not enough testing is done? We all could see it when ToO was released and Saruman t2hm was impossible to do / based on pure luck.

Thank you for your valuable input. I'm filling the transfer form in a sec. Oh wait... I can't. No one can transfer from former EU server to US server or either way.
    The point you choosing to ignore is you can quite easily create an endgame character capable of doing the T2CM instances/raids, the point is you want to do it with gear you already have got from endgame content so your wanting to easymode the new content as apposed to trying to beat it without like alot of the other players not yet at 85.

As for the server transfer well that was an over sight on my part, ive that many character on different servers i tend to loose track.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000445d5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The point you choosing to ignore is you can quite easily create an endgame character capable of doing the T2CM instances/raids
    well of course we want to test the new raids with our current gear on live, not with silly undergeared chars that have no access to, for example, jewellry from skirmishes.
    Plus, are you really comparing testing Rohan and horseriding and easy 3man to Raid testing???
    Plus, it's a pain in the &&& to have to spend hours building a char that will never be close from the ones you have live to test hard content.
    Plus, I've been asking this morning for an hour about getting horselords stupid recipes with 0 answers til I gave up.
    Plus, as far as I know my money is as valuable as any US person.
    Plus, you are disrespecting a whole community by saying they are not really interested in testing.
    Plus, when you are in charge, and you say something like EU and US will be taking turns for beta, you stick to your words.
    Last edited by Miloneel; Feb 01 2013 at 07:41 PM.

I`ll try and not be rude but you are waaayyyy off here!

Yes I would like to try my main on BR but to be honest the main client base for LOTRO is north america so it makes good business sense to test it their (yes Turbine is a business not a charity)
    1) Yes T`bine is a business but we - the EU players - are just as much costumers as the North Americans. You tell me what business that favors one costumer over the other and expect both of them to be satisfied and not feel cheated on? Would you honestly feel it was fair the other way around? If so then i guess its ok for you that we - the EU players - and no one else get access to BR and character copy?

2) The main update in this expansion is the 3 new 12man raids, a 6man and some old upscaled instances. How do you expect the european players to test that at level 85 (t1 and t2) with poor gear? I thought that was one of the main reasons of Bullroar to test the new content on-level with gear matching the content? Only that way would it be possible to test it like its gonna be once it hits the live servers! Not by going in as a poorly geared level 85 in a level 30 instance and trash all the mobs and not experience any potential bugs that normally would happen.

If people are really that intrested game testing then try applying for Palantir program or in extreme cases do a server transfer.
    3) Seriously? So if i wanna participate on BR and experience new end level content with my properly geared character i should do a server transfer to NA. How would this work out once the expansion goes live and we start raiding then? The fact that most raids would start either when we are at work or sleeping might be a slight problem but i guess you dont understand that either!

EU will get its chance eventurally just like we have before, no need to cry about it.
    4) Not much to say besides; LOL

I believe Turbine in general are doing a great job - better than most give them credit for on the forums - why im still playing this game after more than 5 years (1st on the US servers and then on the EU servers), but not allowing character copy to EU players is not something they can be proud of.
    Last edited by Torgy; Feb 01 2013 at 09:43 PM.

EU players have the rights to test beta with their mains too..... come on turbine make something about it, this is not fair we want to test the new raids too!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000006c271/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Torgy View Post
    I`ll try and not be rude but you are waaayyyy off here!

1) Yes T`bine is a business but we - the EU players - are just as much costumers as the North Americans. You tell me what business that favors one costumer over the other and expect both of them to be satisfied and not feel cheated on? Would you honestly feel it was fair the other way around? If so then i guess its ok for you that we - the EU players - and no one else get access to BR and character copy?

Never did say they favoured US over EU, did a character copy for update 8 so like I said we will get our turn, and we do have access to BR?

2) The main update in this expansion is the 3 new 12man raids, a 6man and some old upscaled instances. How do you expect the european players to test that at level 85 (t1 and t2) with poor gear? I thought that was one of the main reasons of Bullroar to test the new content on-level with gear matching the content? Only that way would it be possible to test it like its gonna be once it hits the live servers! Not by going in as a poorly geared level 85 in a level 30 instance and trash all the mobs and not experience any potential bugs that normally would happen.

Seriously have you actually tried to make an end game character on BR? the differences between a lvl 85 with Hytbold set and a lvl 85 with eomer set are marginal at most, wear the ettens cloak to compensate for the loss of the dragon cloak and use store purchases with you FREE turbine points to pimp out your lvl 85 2nd ager. If you cant beat the new endgame content with that gear then the gear isnt your problem.

3) Seriously? So if i wanna participate on BR and experience new end level content with my properly geared character i should do a server transfer to NA. How would this work out once the expansion goes live and we start raiding then? The fact that most raids would start either when we are at work or sleeping might be a slight problem but i guess you dont understand that either!

So what your saying is your not bothered about checking for bugs which is the reason for BR its you want to preview the new content? Not the point mate, when the content goes live we will get to have fun with the new content with slightly better gear.

4) Not much to say besides; LOL

Like i said EU had character transfer in update 8, good to see your laughing not crying this time

I believe Turbine in general are doing a great job - better than most give them credit for on the forums - why im still playing this game after more than 5 years (1st on the US servers and then on the EU servers), but not allowing character copy to EU players is not something they can be proud of.
    I understand peoples frustration as I wanted to character copy as well, but at the end of the day you can sit in the forums and cry about it or log on BR and create a decent toon, your choice

Maybe that fact that the supposed taking it in turns means we should have had the copy anyway ?

I understand peoples frustration as I wanted to character copy as well, but at the end of the day you can sit in the forums and cry about it or log on BR and create a decent toon, your choice

Well do you have 44 days to get Hytbold because not once while I have been on in the evenings has there been a GM about with the tokens, they all seem to show up later, strangely in US prime time where they have no/less need of them.

Wow, this was one of the most stupid post I've read in quite some time....

First of all i made a char at BR, spended quite some hours with crafting LI's etc. Guess what, the next day Turbine decides to wipe all the characters on server. So obviously I'm not really in the mood of repeating that process.

I agree, Turbine is a business. EU player base are also customers and we aren't getting the proper service.

"or in extreme cases do a server transfer"... I dont really think I have to point out why this suggestion is really stupid?
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ulanor_EU View Post
    Maybe that fact that the supposed taking it in turns means we should have had the copy anyway ?

And theres me thinking the world was bigger than the the US and EU?

Well do you have 44 days to get Hytbold because not once while I have been on in the evenings has there been a GM about with the tokens, they all seem to show up later, strangely in US prime time where they have no/less need of them.
    Seriously you think that the Hytbold set is required for end game content... it helps but isnt essential, look at it this way, your saying that once you hit 85 you have to sit and wait 44 days before you can endgame... seriously?

Seriously you think that the Hytbold set is required for end game content... it helps but isnt essential, look at it this way, your saying that once you hit 85 you have to sit and wait 44 days before you can endgame... seriously?
    OMG seriously??

How many t2 raids have you done with undergeared characters and completed it?!?!
    I take pride in gearing up my characters as i know how important every stat can be between a successful run and a wipe. On live servers my RK got 36k TM and 9,2k morale with pretty good mits for a light armour (and im still just a casual player and not a hardcore raider - so for them the difference will be even bigger ofc). On BR ill be lucky to get 30k TM and 8,5k morale with good mits. The fact that you dont understand the importance of gear (besides a quality player and raid leader) to complete t2 raids on lvl makes me believe its not something you regulary do. Still, i honestly thought its something Turbine wanted tested just a little bit more - why they have a new test period on BR and dont go straight from Palantir to live servers.

Sapience post is very clear (NA only) and i respect it - i kinda have to dont i? - and i like the honesty but i still disagree with it . For you to not understand our frustrations and desire to be there with our properly geared up characters is just so lame though.
    Last edited by Torgy; Feb 02 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast