We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New to MMO and online RP

Hi all,

I recently created an account and have been playing (and most enjoying) lotro. I joined a server which a friend of mine has been active in but am considering paying the fee to transfer my character here as the idea of RP with this game just excites me.

Now i've done some reading and understand that i may not be able to transfer from a US server to the formerly EU laurelin server, can anyone confirm this? I'm on dwarrowdelf.

PS lvl 20 Hunter looking for a kin which in some form scouts the land and volunteers travel speed buffs etc

I know there was a problem transferring FROM EU Server TO a US Server.
    Not sure if that has been resolved

But at level 20 I think it would be far easier (and Cheaper) to just reroll a new toon on the new server
    It wont take too long to reach level 20.
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    I know there was a problem transferring FROM EU Server TO a US Server.
    Not sure if that has been resolved

But at level 20 I think it would be far easier (and Cheaper) to just reroll a new toon on the new server
    It wont take too long to reach level 20.
    Thanks for the advice, I agree now that level 20 isn't a level to really hold on to when it can be attained quite quickly. My initial reasoning for keeping the character is the money I have been given in game by friends, along with cosmetic equipment I have in my wardrobe. One further question I have relates to these points, if items are in my wardrobe can they be used across severs or do I need to purchase 'shared' wardrobe? The same question applies to my in-game gold, is there any way to get that to another server 'toon' through the purchase of any 'shared' storage products?

Thanks in advance

Hi,
    I still believe due to some mechanics behind the way the EU servers were run compared to the US ones you still cannot cross over sadly.

One positive thing though is that having only got to 20 level starting again is no problem at all. I did it myself when i started again on Laurelin from Snowborne. You will find the RP players on Laurelin very helpful, they will help out with things to populate your wardrobe etc. Players have done it before between Laurelin and Landroval.

Si i would say get creating a Laurelin avatar and get in game to meet the really nice player base.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar