We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Seer's Orb becoming Thin Furniture Item

Does anyone know or have a guess as to why this change is being made? It appears in the preliminary release notes for update 10 on Bullroarer, which means it will likely go live:

"The Seer's Orb has been changed from the Small Furniture category to the Thin Furniture category."

I guess it isn't a big deal, but I do like the look of the Seer's Orb as a central piece in a room - which won't be an option if it becomes thin furniture. Maybe there's a reason behind it, I just can't come up with it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000023ac/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

"[I]The road goes ever on and on[/I]..."

Well in my perspective, I view the item categories based on the overall shape of the decoration. For example, if it is a small item, but tall and rather slim (for example, a vase, or in this case, a pedestal with an orb) it should fit in thin furniture. I believe, for the most part, small categories should hold things like the Blue Gift Box, Treasure Chest, etc.

This may not be the reason, but it's a guess.
    [center][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/igetbore_productions/northernkingdomsmallerlogo.png[/img][/center]

Well in my perspective, I view the item categories based on the overall shape of the decoration. For example, if it is a small item, but tall and rather slim (for example, a vase, or in this case, a pedestal with an orb) it should fit in thin furniture. I believe, for the most part, small categories should hold things like the Blue Gift Box, Treasure Chest, etc.

This may not be the reason, but it's a guess.
    [center][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae305/igetbore_productions/northernkingdomsmallerlogo.png[/img][/center]

I can only assume its because there are so few 'thin' items of furniture around that it was changed to 'flesh it out'.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenusG View Post
    I can only assume its because there are so few 'thin' items of furniture around that it was changed to 'flesh it out'.
    That is also a good reason.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can put thin furniture items in small furniture slots. You can't put small furniture into thin slots, but I'm pretty sure you can put thin into small.
    "The LOTRO Store will offer convenience, not advantage." -Patience
    "These pots are only available in the store and they are not available via crafting. Nor do we have any plans for this to change right now." -Frelorn

Do you think it's safest to pack up our orbs before the big day and put them in storage just in case? What's going to happen to it if it is sitting out and no longer is the right item type for the slot?
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraine View Post
    Do you think it's safest to pack up our orbs before the big day and put them in storage just in case? What's going to happen to it if it is sitting out and no longer is the right item type for the slot?
    The change the OP is talking about went live almost 8 months ago. Your orbs are fine wherever they were when the change went through.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    The change the OP is talking about went live almost 8 months ago. Your orbs are fine wherever they were when the change went through.
    Ahh, good then. I was away for a while, can you tell?
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

I had put a Seer's Orb in my house quite some time ago and ... it's still there right where I've put it !