We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle promotions

"Freeps now gain a Battlefield Promotion effect for each PvMP Rank they earn.
    Battlefield Promotions grant bonus Health, Power and Damage for each Glory Rank the player has.
    Battlefield Promotions are only active while in the Ettenmoors." Sapience

/Discuss

"Will now provides 2 points of Tactical Mitigation to compensate for the loss of power contribution."

Woohoo I'm rolling a "will-based" class. Get at me tactical creeps. mah tactical mitigation is capped.
    Last edited by Arnahk; Jan 30 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Imo freeps needed a boost,the BP prom is just the thing.I just hope more will come out now that they have a reason to rank except gear/purple horse?
    I will give u10 a shot before I file my transfer.

ALSO: DONT YOU DARE FARM! I AM WATCHING YOU!
    [URL=http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/GoDFa7h3r/media/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/GoDFa7h3r/rsz_screenshot000201_zps322d3f9a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

more creeps drama.

we should try before you leave burzan and tell me wish server you are moving
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    Imo freeps needed a boost,the BP prom is just the thing.I just hope more will come out now that they have a reason to rank except gear/purple horse?
    I will give u10 a shot before I file my transfer.

ALSO: DONT YOU DARE FARM! I AM WATCHING YOU!
    Which server?

ALSO: I DO NOT FARM NEITHER WILL I EVER FARM!

edit : Burglars are getting nerfed again so I'll probably suck just as much or maybe even more in 1v1s.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

This is a nice change, freeps needed a little buff to even things up I thought it would come in the way of better gear. But surprisingly this is a much better idea.

Freeps finally have a reason to rank up! Btw thorfinn/Charm enjoy your godmode, its well-earned!

I really hope this makes it to live, the first change in the moors I've ever been excited for.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

I think it's very fair, rank should have more meaning (I just hope this won't bring another wave of rank farming). Reasons to play my champ again are piling up! :3
    Quit.

Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

Will have to just see I suppose. I do feel like Burgs and Hunters for the time being are being nerfed, BUT with the new gear getting introduced we will just have to see. They've already said they are introducing a lot more fate gear so it may not be a big deal. Moors could be a different story though, I don't think there is a lot of fate on Moors gear. All that being said, I will be using BR to test out the BP for my captain. See how much morale I can expect to see, all that jazz. Will post screenshots for anyone interested not participating in BullRoarer
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    Will have to just see I suppose. I do feel like Burgs and Hunters for the time being are being nerfed, BUT with the new gear getting introduced we will just have to see. They've already said they are introducing a lot more fate gear so it may not be a big deal. Moors could be a different story though, I don't think there is a lot of fate on Moors gear. All that being said, I will be using BR to test out the BP for my captain. See how much morale I can expect to see, all that jazz. Will post screenshots for anyone interested not participating in BullRoarer
    There is no fate on the hunter sets, Im not going to regrind commies anyway for it. The nerf to agility has to be replaced with something on the current gear I have. Nerfing hunters DPS in the moors is ridiculous who ever thought of that idea is an absolute moron. Ive been off playing my hunt and level other freeps but if this nerf goes through I really cant see a reason to keep paying a sub.

The battlefiled promotions for freeps are long overdue. Sadly though this will increase incidents of farming, you'll see a lot more R10+ freeps everywhere. I think overall its fine, high ranks get some nice buffs that incoming heal bonus is pretty powerful not sure if OP yet. But overall this update isnt lighting a fire under my &&& to keep going out to the moors, its already a pain ful bore if im not in a BAMF group. So yeah enjoy, think I'll play something else for a month or three.

Baby thorgrum has a nice Xbox, maybe pops will pick up the newest assasins creed? To bad they dont have grand theft auto vice city for xbox (or do they?) the soundtrack alone kept me hooked, 80's pop for the win..
    Last edited by Thorgrum; Jan 30 2013 at 10:53 PM.

+3 morale per rank? hell yeah!

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    There is no fate on the hunter sets, Im not going to regrind commies anyway for it. The nerf to agility has to be replaced with something on the current gear I have. Nerfing hunters DPS in the moors is ridiculous who ever thought of that idea is an absolute moron. Ive been off playing my hunt and level other freeps but if this nerf goes through I really cant see a reason to keep paying a sub.

The battlefiled promotions for freeps are long overdue. Sadly though this will increase incidents of farming, you'll see a lot more R10+ freeps everywhere. I think overall its fine, high ranks get some nice buffs that incoming heal bonus is pretty powerful not sure if OP yet. But overall this update isnt lighting a fire under my &&& to keep going out to the moors, its already a pain ful bore if im not in a BAMF group. So yeah enjoy, think I'll play something else for a month or three.

Baby thorgrum has a nice Xbox, maybe pops will pick up the newest assasins creed? To bad they dont have grand theft auto vice city for xbox (or do they?) the soundtrack alone kept me hooked, 80's pop for the win..
    I agree, I know they've talked about introducing Fate on the NEW gear, but I haven't seen anything about Moors gear which is why I said Moors would be a different thing all together.

Assassins Creed 3 = GREAT game...Let me repeat...GREAT
    New GTA is coming out this year. Supposed to go back oldschool Vice City but BIGGER!!?
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

So far my impressions from playing on BR:

1) they've made minstrels and other tac classes in general even easier to play by adding this tmit with will nonsense. Copied Bloin to BR and can cap tmit with taking off all tmit virtues and loading up on resist/will/crit. Before you had to choose between mits/morale and will/dps, but now the only choice for building a minstrel in the moors is to stack more will with maybe like one fate piece if you're healing.

2) Burgs and Hunters seemingly have been nerfed, but from what I've seen burgs doing in 1v1 circles on BR, this doesn't seem the case (I'll be trying it out today).

3) Freep battlefield promotions are slightly inferior to creep battlefield promotions: there is no +Finesse with rank or +Inc Healing.
    Since freeps have such low morale the +Inc Healing would be too OP. Charm's gonna be hitting like a truck since he's gonna be getting a +14% dps boost as well as crit rating now altering crit multiplier.

4) Crit Multiplier freepside combined with lowered base crit defense have basically evened out my previous problems with the crit defense stat. BR warg had 28% crit def with two crit def corruptions, and minstrel with his given crit rating had about +23% crit mult from his meager crit rating.

Update: LOL burgs don't get the battle promotion in stealth. Hope that bug gets fixed.
    Last edited by Goodyear2007; Jan 31 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Pretty sure the extra morale and damage are only in effect while in the moors, so i see no point in PvE kins farming for PvP bonuses i guess.

Good move Turbine.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Quote Originally Posted by Goodyear2007 View Post
    So far my impressions from playing on BR:

1) they've made minstrels and other tac classes in general even easier to play by adding this tmit with will nonsense. Copied Bloin to BR and can cap tmit with taking off all tmit virtues and loading up on resist/will/crit. Before you had to choose between mits/morale and will/dps, but now the only choice for building a minstrel in the moors is to stack more will with maybe like one fate piece if you're healing.

2) Burgs and Hunters seemingly have been nerfed, but from what I've seen burgs doing in 1v1 circles on BR, this doesn't seem the case (I'll be trying it out today).

3) Freep battlefield promotions are slightly inferior to creep battlefield promotions: there is no +Finesse with rank or +Inc Healing.
    Since freeps have such low morale the +Inc Healing would be too OP. Charm's gonna be hitting like a truck since he's gonna be getting a +14% dps boost as well as crit rating now altering crit multiplier.

4) Crit Multiplier freepside combined with lowered base crit defense have basically evened out my previous problems with the crit defense stat. BR warg had 28% crit def with two crit def corruptions, and minstrel with his given crit rating had about +23% crit mult from his meager crit rating.

Update: LOL burgs don't get the battle promotion in stealth. Hope that bug gets fixed.
    I saw the same thing, It doesn't seem that Hunters OR Burgs got nerfed to much out there judging from the 1v1 Circles I saw. I took my hunter out and as underwhelming as his crit rating was to begin with he honestly lost maybe 4-5% with the switch from AGI -> Fate. You are correct Charm is going to be a monster...10-11k Morale 6k Power + BFP?

EDIT: Noticed you were talking about damage. Gotcha =D
    Last edited by Lanelthan; Jan 31 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    High Treason

|Cuath-1 R11 Captain|

Quote Originally Posted by Lanelthan View Post
    I saw the same thing, It doesn't seem that Hunters OR Burgs got nerfed to much out there judging from the 1v1 Circles I saw. I took my hunter out and as underwhelming as his crit rating was to begin with he honestly lost maybe 4-5% with the switch from AGI -> Fate. You are correct Charm is going to be a monster...10-11k Morale 6k Power + BFP?

EDIT: Noticed you were talking about damage. Gotcha =D
    After playing on BR the 1v1s are much much better. More even throughout, I was able to get some kills, still haven't beaten a spider that hits reflect, but apparently other rks can manage it, so I will have to work on that!

Hunters were doing awesome out there, I was really surprised, even beating stun spamming WLs, and out dps'ing defiler heals.

RKs aren't back to the god mode we were at the end of 75, but we are functional again as dps instead of just spamming mending verses! The one crazy thing I notice was as an rk I was surviving longer against reavers than guardians, that just didn't seem right. But thats what 40% tact mit and 11k morale will do for a guy.

I'm pumped about the change finally a reason to grind out in the moors even during the bad times!
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    After playing on BR the 1v1s are much much better. More even throughout, I was able to get some kills, still haven't beaten a spider that hits reflect, but apparently other rks can manage it, so I will have to work on that!

Hunters were doing awesome out there, I was really surprised, even beating stun spamming WLs, and out dps'ing defiler heals.

RKs aren't back to the god mode we were at the end of 75, but we are functional again as dps instead of just spamming mending verses! The one crazy thing I notice was as an rk I was surviving longer against reavers than guardians, that just didn't seem right. But thats what 40% tact mit and 11k morale will do for a guy.

I'm pumped about the change finally a reason to grind out in the moors even during the bad times!
    Finally giving rank some respect that it deserves I'm coming back...
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by therealwhizzy View Post
    Can you say - fate stealth-gank build? lol

Crickhollow l Thorfinn || r14 champ, r12 burglar- Crickhollow || r11//r9 warg Crick//Elendilmir || + other stuff

Where you going to send the train of reavers? Very few people roam around the old plains OP area might be a good place for you and your kin mates to farm ranks, eh sport?

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    Have you tested anything on bullroare Thor? My burg is up and coming but my &&&&&&& is deep into agility Im pretty disheartened by the agility nerf considering there isnt any fate on the moors gear. Still need to test it for myself but what say you?

Have you tested anything on bullroare Thor? My burg is up and coming but my &&&&&&& is deep into agility Im pretty disheartened by the agility nerf considering there isnt any fate on the moors gear. Still need to test it for myself but what say you?
    I uninstalled my BR client sadly, but about the fate things, there's an earring with like 113 agi and fate that i seem to recall.

Also, that's a pretty pathetic attempt at trolling if you just keep attacking a kin, rather than people whose actions you despise. I mean, if this was RL and they were mentally involved or smth I'd get this being some sort of torture method, but atm it's quite boring
    Better ask for filer flies to get buffed on creep forums due to freep pwr pool increase or even better, on freep forums!

Also, that's a pretty pathetic attempt at trolling if you just keep attacking a kin, rather than people whose actions you despise. I mean, if this was RL and they were mentally involved or smth I'd get this being some sort of torture method, but atm it's quite boring
    Im going to let you in on two secrets:

1. I dont care: really this is entertainment for me thats what im paying for, the forums, for me are extension of the game. I use them, often, to further my personal entertainment. Ive gone back and forth with the DB whizzy I wont pass up an opportunity to ridicule him and his farmer kin. That said several of them I like, beard is cool anyway.

2. Im on less and less. You wont be bothered as much going forward. While I understand its extremely hard to avoid my witty and eloquent posts on the forums they will decrease dramatically going forward. Real life has been very good to me, opportunites have presented themselves that require me to resign from Umass and go back to the private equity world. This is good for you as apparantly you cant resist the boredom of my posts, to the extent you feel the pull to reply to them. Im both touched and humored by the irony, but none the less your burden will be reduced going forward.

See you out there and remember never let anyone tell you how to play a game you pay for, more over never let others impact your personal enjoyment of said game via boredom or any other angst. Shoot me a PM i will give you a walkthrough on how to put me on ignore.

cheers!

Last edited by Thorgrum; Feb 01 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Im going to let you in on two secrets:

1. I dont care: really this is entertainment for me thats what im paying for

cheers!

Hmm, ok, I phrased that wrongly - I don't really get how that can be fun, wanted to understand, this honestly applies to a lot of things people do. I hope that if I understand how things that seem dull to me can be fun for others, hopefully it might become fun for me too...
    Anyways, each to their own.

yuck...
    work in progress...

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000004848d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Where you going to send the train of reavers? Very few people roam around the old plains OP area might be a good place for you and your kin mates to farm ranks, eh sport?
    hey its the hyprocrite i see!! nice whining on hunter forums....

for someone who likes to think he is a know it all you are once again soo wrong hahahah better read up sport cause your making yourself look pretty stupid.
    work in progress...

Hmm, ok, I phrased that wrongly - I don't really get how that can be fun, wanted to understand, this honestly applies to a lot of things people do. I hope that if I understand how things that seem dull to me can be fun for others, hopefully it might become fun for me too...
    Anyways, each to their own.
    Ha thor heres a sercret for someone who doesnt care he's whining pretty hard on hunter forums.... read some of this guys posts and you'll see he is a fraud...
    work in progress...

hey its the hyprocrite i see!! nice whining on hunter forums....

for someone who likes to think he is a know it all you are once again soo wrong hahahah better read up sport cause your making yourself look pretty stupid.
    I guess I could farm on my hunter, how easy is it btw?

The problem is, sport, you seem to be under the impression that I care one bit what people think. I know you arent that bright, its been expressed to me by more then one person but im going to give you a tip. I invest my energy into real life propositions, this is a hobby. I know a lot of you idiots invest hours and hours and think that somehow represents intelligence or skill, its very humorous actually.

My QQ posts are a platform to get people to talk about things I want more information on. How they percieve me, these anonymous piss ants means nothing to me. However you, you are different. I spent hours yesterday thinking about how to answer this post. You articulated it in such a way I was left baffled!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast