We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The lesson from all this ... Never use logic and reasoned extrapolation from the books to get between a role-player and their preferred back-story.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post
    ​Tuor was fostered by Elves. Túrin was for a while fostered in Doriath. Possibly there are even more examples
    If you'd read my complete post you'd have seen that I mentioned both Tuor and Túrin. Tuor was not fostered in Gondolin, rather he came there when he was a young man.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Context is key.
    Of course it is, that's why I mentioned it.
    Faërie is a perilous land, and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold. – J.R.R. Tolkien, ‘On Fairy-Stories’.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbadgerbrock View Post
    If you'd read my complete post you'd have seen that I mentioned both Tuor and Túrin. Tuor was not fostered in Gondolin, rather he came there when he was a young man.
    I did well, and my post was not an objection...
    Last edited by Urwendil; Feb 19 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: "subjection?" what was i thinking...
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2