We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Latest best path for not outleveling rep?

Because I'm an altaholic, I'm finally getting my highest level (60) out of Moria and into Lothlorien. I've deliberately not been as completionist as normal on level because I've seen so many posts about outleveling rep post Moria.

I found a few guides about how to juggle the rep task dance in areas with no rep drops, but from what I've read on the forums here, they are all outdated because apparently some task board areas were down level gated since they were made. I've tried to find new info here, but the posts I'm finding all taper off late last year with RoR, and the info isn't always clear about the exact level one will cap out of a faction.

So, first off, is there an up to date guide that I'm not finding that will tell me the best path to getting the rep from each faction with level cap noted and such?

From what I'm reading, I'm probably going to have to get yet another XP disabler in order to try to get all the rep without the outlevel issue. I don't mind getting one, so that's not the issue. I just don't want to go to whatever I -think- is the next cap, before moving on and then find out I was horribly wrong.

If anyone could please help me here, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Club Éclair-Second Servings members are at 25 trainings or below.
    I can't fit all my Tortoise Stone Bearers in my sig anymore.
    If you would like to sponsor an event for our 8th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy, please PM me!

I do not know of any accurate as of 2013 guides. The difficulty is that people write the guide. The guide becomes something that documents how the system worked when the system was originally deployed as version 1.0. My recommendation is to go visit the Task Boards. Open them. Write down the level of the tasks on a piece of paper for easy reference. For example, the tasks at Grimbold's camp in Gap of Rohan, Isengard are level 71.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

This won't exactly be the answer you want, but in all the post-moria areas there are a few quests that will become daily repeatable which will give faction reputation. These quests will always be available even when you are leveled way past them. Thus you do not need to depend only on the task board quests (which I assume are the ones you're worried about out-leveling) to get your reputation if you don't mind repeating these other quests over and over. In fact, until recently there weren't any task boards and repeating these quests or doing instances in the region was the only way to finish getting reputation to kindred.

Thank you both for your responses.

Yula, I completely agree with you on that point. Player generated content seems more off now that they are raising caps and such more. A lot of resources I used to use all tapered off even before ROI, and anything newer is catch as catch can. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, since a lot of times when I have difficulty searching for things, I find I was just using the wrong keywords/slang or some such. Also, I long since stopped the pieces of paper method. I actually have a binder full of notes for LOTRO because it takes me a while to retain things that are new to me or when they change them because I have so many characters, so it's easy reference for things I don't want to slog through a wall of bookmarks to look up something. The starter areas that I've done a 100 times or more, I know until they change something again. Content I'm just stepping into for the first time, not at all.

Crimson_Aurochs, I will definitely go back and look into repeatables. With all the clamour about the task boards, I feared not all post Moria factions had them. If they all have repeatables, that will be a huge help in the long run and that will save me at least one stone purchase.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Jan 29 2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot to mention
    If you would like to sponsor an event for our 8th Annual Month a' the Chicken on Landy, please PM me!

You cannot outlevel reputation, just like you can't outlevel deeds/quests. With pre-Lothlorien factions, most Rep comes from monster drops in specific areas (from a small zones like Sarnur to Moria as a whole), you can do that at any level. For Galadhrim and beyond, Rep comes from quests and repeatable quests - which means that as you level up, it becomes easier, not harder.

Only problematic faction is Heroes of the Limlight Gorge. You have about 18 non-repeatable quests, Roots of Fangorn instance (almost never run now) and 3 daily quests, but fastest way to get Kindred is to use Huorn drops for task items. And even though those tasks are now L68-80, you will outlevel them by the time you can easily solo those Huorns.

But apart from Limlight, you need not worry about outleveling reputation at all. And even that one can be done, it will just take longer.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The way some folks talked about it, it sounded like you could outlevel the rep, which is what confused me so much. I really thought that for some factions, you could only do tasks to gain rep. I wonder if at some point they'll add Limlight rep for certain mob kills, like they did in the Lone Lands (Garth Argawen areas and the orcs) for the Eglain.

This is also all good info to know. Thank you!

I can see why folks would rather task in conjunction with the repeatables, since it seems like the repeatable rep quests are dailies. (I'm still researching them.) Now that I understand things a bit better, I'm guessing that's why there are so many forum posts about the task level limits.

I just checked http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Hero...Limlight_Gorge, and it says there's no repeatables. This sort of thing might have also been part of my confusion when I was researching before.
    Last edited by Gaming_Gal; Jan 29 2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: added a bit, and completely got a name wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming_Gal View Post
    I just checked http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Hero...Limlight_Gorge, and it says there's no repeatables. This sort of thing might have also been part of my confusion when I was researching before.
    Pages like that will definitely lead to confusion. There are in fact 3 repeatable quests in the Limlight Gorge. All three are listed on that wiki-page, but are mixed in with the general quests instead of showing up under the heading of "repeatable quests" as they should. In case you are taking notes the three repeatable ones are "Keeping Them at Bay", "Huorn-seeds", and "Gorge-crawlers".

For the Limlight, I can only advice this: since Limlight Kindred Jewelry is very good for some classes even at L85, some people still work for it on their alts. If you ever see people asking for "LFM for Limlight Pre-requisites!" or "LFM for Limlight Dailies", drop what you're doing and jump in. Not only you will get extra Rep from quests (1200 each), you will also inevitably get some Task items too (900 Rep for each turn-in).

P.S. I recently got my L69 Hunter to Kindred with Limlight Gorge (All quests are L75 and require a Small Fellowship). For the same reason you worry about, I feared outleveling tasks, so what I did was to solo those Huorns on my L85 character, then send her the items to use for Tasks. Profit!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There is at least 1 updated "guide" to tasks. It is the BusyBee plugin on LOTROInterface.com. You can configure it to show any task around your level that gives rep, and afaik it has all the tasks in it, even with the most recent change to 10 items per task.

I use it on all my chars and can highly recommend it to anyone doing tasks.

Red face

My thanks, and thanks again. I'm pleased as punch with all this great info and advice everyone's taken the time to offer.

Hopefully in the next few weeks, I'll be putting some of this into practice. (And I definitely plan to use Lilje to help out the others that follow later with the Huron bits!)

MMmm...plugins. How I adore them, and am grateful to their makers.