We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

An Alliance with the Dwarves (45)......where is quest giver?

This quest is listed on the Wiki Trollshaws Quest Chain page but there is no page for it....I did all the other quests in the chain.....I was hoping being as the 2nd to last quest in the chain I turned into Elrond that he would bestow the last part.....nope...went back to Gloin's Camp...nothing there either.

Is this quest gone now?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It is not a Trollshaws quest. It is a Misty Mountain quest. I do not believe this quest is in game. It was part of the Giant chain.

You do:

1) A Better Sort of Giant
    2) Mountain Raiders
    3) Scouting in the Mountains
    4) Giant Country
    5) Thunder in the Mountains
    6) An Alliance with the Dwarves

Some of these quests are full group quests.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It is not a Trollshaws quest. It is a Misty Mountain quest. I do not believe this quest is in game. It was part of the Giant chain.

You do:

1) A Better Sort of Giant
    2) Mountain Raiders
    3) Scouting in the Mountains
    4) Giant Country
    5) Thunder in the Mountains
    6) An Alliance with the Dwarves

Some of these quests are full group quests.
    /facepalm LOL

Thanks for the reply but it is in fact a Trollshaws quest chain...the first three parts are in the Trollshaws then it moves over into Misty Mountains afterwards.

I did the first five parts succesfully.....but once I finished Thunder in the Mountains that was it....there was no direction as to the last part.

Plus on the wiki there is no page at all for that specific quest so I am guessing it may be bugged.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002111d5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Never said the chain was not a Trollshaws chain. The chain is split across two regions. I believe you either need to be VIP or have both the Misty Mountains and the Trollshaws quests to complete the chain. I did "Thunder in the Mountains" back in 2009. That quest was the end of the chain at that time about three years ago.

I do not have a clue as to when "An Alliance of Dwarves" was removed from the game. I can't confirm that this quest was ever doable. You can't believe everything you read in the Lorebook. The update process does not handle all situations. Once such situation is when a quest is deleted from the game, the update process will leave a stub. The update process will leave the link from the previous quest to the stub.

This situation annoys people want to do all the content because the Lorebook says there is a quest when no such quest exists any more. You will find the same issue with Quest Mobs, Quest Items, Quest Rewards to name a few.

The bug is within the Lorebook not within the game software. Turbine stated that we will be getting a new web site which I hope has a much better Lorebook, MyLotro, forums ... than we have currently. Soon will not come quick enough to satisfy me.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.