We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

End game raid build

Hi, I just hit 85 with my Minstrel (first char).

I want to start working on my virtues now. I read many threads about virtues but I didnt find a definitive answer. Which virtues I should pick?

Thanks

morale virtues (zeal, valour)
    tactical mit. (tolerance, honour, fidelity)
    some still pick wisdom
    Last edited by Faenyl; Jan 28 2013 at 01:51 PM.
    [b][color=orange]Nuviell - MINI 85[/color][/b] //momentan in Rift unterwegs, Shard: Brutmutter
    [b][color=orange]Faenyl - LM 85 || Cay - WRD 85 || Laori - RKP 85 || Soyra - Burg 75[/color][/b]

1) Cap your mitigations (Best Phys:Compassion/Innocence, Best Tact:Tolerance/Fidelity)
    2) Get extra morale (Zeal/Valour)
    3) Get extra Will (Wisdom/Empathy)

If you take into account the Anthems you are probably already capped on mitigations once you get full 85 gear.

I just got my minstrel to 85 as well. I'm wondering if the tactical mitigation virtues will still be valuable after Update 10, since Will will grant a lot of tactical mitigation (2 points tactical mit per point of will).
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

There has been no mentioned of them being removed/altered. So that they won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
    There has been no mentioned of them being removed/altered. So that they won't change.
    I think dietlbomb has a point, if the proposed will change goes through, tactical mitigation is going to be trivial to cap. We also don't know if we'll need physical mitigation yet.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

well I'd love to test that.. but since copying characters is not possible for EU-players... impossible to say what impact it will have
    [b][color=orange]Nuviell - MINI 85[/color][/b] //momentan in Rift unterwegs, Shard: Brutmutter
    [b][color=orange]Faenyl - LM 85 || Cay - WRD 85 || Laori - RKP 85 || Soyra - Burg 75[/color][/b]

I copied my mini over to Bullroarer today and Will does give +2 to Tact. Mit.

Idealism is now a very worthwhile virtue to equip.

On the test server, I dropped from just over 11k of power to almost 6.3k which kinda freaked me out but simply swapping the Will legacies on my LI's for Fate ones brought my Fate to just over 500.

To test the new power pool, a few of us powered through a Tier 3 Tuck skirm, I was not kind or power efficient on purpose, I wanted to see the breaking point. That point did not come, with the reduced power costs and increased ICPR, I was not able to use more than 1/3 of my power. Also, with the additional crit rating from Fate, I was dealing better damage and heals.

Even spamming heals and dps at the training dummies for nearly 10 minutes hardly allowed me to be 1k from max power.

Unless things drastically change between now and when update 10 goes live, we'll be non stop power houses
    Last edited by gearth; Feb 03 2013 at 07:54 PM.

500 Fate gives ~2750 ICPR not counting other gear. No wonder you never run out of power. Not everybody is that lucky though, I only have 100 Fate on my Mini. I can't get that over 500 without regearing a lot and also sacrificing a lot most likely.

Gearth is on the right track. My ministrel has over 700 fate plus tale of heroism were looking at about 850 fate, that with 2300 will leaves me with +8000 crit; I drop 4-6k heals every 3rd or 4th heal. The rule I've been trying to stick to is a 2:1 ratio of will to fate. Hope it helps,

Cheers!
    [b][color=Gold]Arkenstone - Umaiar: [/color][color=Crimson] Wolfbacon - BlackForestHam - PorkOrc - RumpRoastReaver[/color]
    [color=Violet]Brandywine: [/color][color=Crimson]MyLoinClothIsFalling - PewPewPower[/color]
    [color=PaleGreen]Landroval - TheBloog: [/color][color=Crimson]SausageSaviour - TheBAFormallyKnown[/color][/b]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gearth View Post
    I copied my mini over to Bullroarer today and Will does give +2 to Tact. Mit.

Idealism is now a very worthwhile virtue to equip.

On the test server, I dropped from just over 11k of power to almost 6.3k which kinda freaked me out but simply swapping the Will legacies on my LI's for Fate ones brought my Fate to just over 500.

To test the new power pool, a few of us powered through a Tier 3 Tuck skirm, I was not kind or power efficient on purpose, I wanted to see the breaking point. That point did not come, with the reduced power costs and increased ICPR, I was not able to use more than 1/3 of my power. Also, with the additional crit rating from Fate, I was dealing better damage and heals.

Even spamming heals and dps at the training dummies for nearly 10 minutes hardly allowed me to be 1k from max power.

Unless things drastically change between now and when update 10 goes live, we'll be non stop power houses
    Thanks for this information, going to start preparing for the update with my virtues.

Keep us Mini's updated!
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000005222d3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

Innocence, innocence, innocence. The best (in my opinion anyway) raiding virtue for not only minstrels but any other class. It increases both your physical and tactical mitigation as well as your resistance. Anything else that increases your main stats is good too, I like Zeal, Loyalty and Wisdom on minstrel as well.

Hard to say anything about virtues with the patch 10 changes. I also don't know exactly how much tactical and physical damage you will get exposed to in the new raids.

But prepare to have at least 35% mitigations and 8k morale, unbuffed that is. Being a glass house with the highest possible tactical mastery, does not work for challenging raids. Need to be alive to heal. A lot of damage cant be avoided.

I'm thinking that Zeal, Wisdom, Valour and Loyalty, will still be good after patch. Idealism will probably be priceless.

Will giving +2 tactical miti on Bullroarer, probably means you can skip virtues like Fidelity, Honour and Tolerance after patch. Maybe Empathy, Honesty or Justice will be better in the future?