We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

More than 1 cook?

I'm trying to determine what I want to make on my alts for crafting. I already have one of each crafting type...and have another 10 alts that need professions. I just got my cook to max, still working on maxing the guild...so while I know the goods/bads of all the other crafts...I don't know if there is anything worth making more than 1 cook for in guild/rep crafting?

Is there any reason to have more than 1 cook, or would I be better off just making multiples of the other professions (for say multiple jewelry outputs, etc)?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02213000000000a0c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It is my preference, when determining alts' crafting professions, to make alts who will supply the consumables I use the most. I really like combat and trail foods and creating the bulk recipes with guild repasts is far faster and cheaper for me than buying from the AH, so I have three cooks. I also go through potions quickly so two scholars are in the mix too. While it is nice to churn out some jewelry, unless you plan to stay on top of it and sell it when you are geared out, I think the gear producing professions are a bit less useful than consumables.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001fb9c8/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by kantywanty View Post
    It is my preference, when determining alts' crafting professions, to make alts who will supply the consumables I use the most. I really like combat and trail foods and creating the bulk recipes with guild repasts is far faster and cheaper for me than buying from the AH, so I have three cooks. I also go through potions quickly so two scholars are in the mix too. While it is nice to churn out some jewelry, unless you plan to stay on top of it and sell it when you are geared out, I think the gear producing professions are a bit less useful than consumables.
    That is a good point, and something I considered first when I was trying to figure out what professions to do, but then I realized that I don't use food/potions that much at the moment. (I have over 1500 potions in my housing chests from leveling up a few characters). Guess that's what's making the decision harder for me. With the amount I use potions/food I'm thinking one of each will be more than enough for me. But then again, I haven't grouped/raided for real in almost 2 years now, so now that I'm back and planning on getting back into that...my usage may start to increase...

decisions decisions
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02213000000000a0c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If you make them explorers or scholars they can gather materials either for use or for sale. Even low level mats sell fairly well on the AH, since many higher level players make new alts and would rather spend money than time on mats.

That way, if you later decide you want to make another of almost anything but yeoman, you have at least a start on the gathering side of the profession.