We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Exactly !
    In particular the 9 Moria instances, that nearly no 85 do as they are all soloable, so no challenge anymore, except Watcher probably that they do for their alts
    It's being run by 55-65s since that's what the rewards are designed for. Who cares if no 85s are running it? If it becomes scalable, I worry that the 55-65ers will have trouble filling up their groups since the 85ers won't want to tag along in a lower level instance. But I don't really know for sure. I'm fine with them staying put.

I would prefer it if all instances and raids were scaled, whats the point at endgame only being able to run a few? We have paid for them but now theres no point to do them?

Scale them all
    Remove the locks
    Break it into wings

But let the raids give tokens in the chest to barter for loot, so there can be some fairness in the distribution

NO.

If by definition raid = 12 people then:

IMO, there are but 2 raids left in the game. Rift and DN. I hope Turbine never touches them. They are RAIDS, not some 20 min run on EZ mode (on level). Real bosses with excellent mechanics that must be dealt with and not just massively DPS to win. The trolls at the start on level of DN make for an awesome start for that raid.

Hele, OD, etc are just go through the motions in 35 min wings and win.

As far as 6 mans:

Are there any 6 mans that people even have the remotest thought about failing? The only 2 that ever even cross my mind are LT and SS. Hitting the Challenge can still be tricky with the wrong groups. Otherwise any other 6 man is simply a DPS crunch. We 6 man most "12" man skirms, etc....

So, sorry this evolved into a rant.... I am so disappointed with the game ATM,.... But to answer the question. I hope they do not screw up the last two good raids in the game. I keep a level 50 locked LM just for running Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden102 View Post
    I would prefer it if all instances and raids were scaled, whats the point at endgame only being able to run a few? We have paid for them but now theres no point to do them?
    Yes, all non-scaled instances are dead.
    No goal to do a 58 instance when you're 85, and soon 95.
    Even my weak hunter can solo them...

hell yeah, I'd like scaled instances and raids that are also difficult (like it was levels ago doing them on lvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Castorix View Post
    Yes, all non-scaled instances are dead.
    No goal to do a 58 instance when you're 85, and soon 95.
    Even my weak hunter can solo them...
    sure, try solo on hunter the Roots of Fangorn or Forgotten Treasure in Moria. good luck!

No.

A perfect raid such as Rift should never be scaled.

By scaling it, they would divide it into 3-5 separate instances, thus removing the traditional awesomeness and grandeur of the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanother View Post
    sure, try solo on hunter the Roots of Fangorn or Forgotten Treasure in Moria. good luck!
    Roots is 75.
    I was talking about Moria instances, around 58
    Forgotten Treasury is 54, it is a joke for a 85 hunter : I nearly one shooted the first troll at end, and killed both in about 6-7 seconds
    (unbuffed, without oils or other stuff, and my hunter is 90% DPS, with low defensive stats : I cannot solo anything at 85, even faceroll instances like School/Lib)
    Last edited by Castorix; Jul 19 2013 at 02:24 PM.

As much as I would love to see the upcoming challenge, endless nights of fun and rage bringing when Rift will be upscaled, I think Turbine shouldn't.

Because simply everything Turbine scaled has become quite boring and a farmfest. Great Barrows used to be the place to wipe in with your newbie characters - Now you can't even get a low level group and it's all about the marks and golden cr@p you get with it. Helegrod, nobody enters this anymore, whereas the 24-man raid used to be fun, and definitely challenging (Thorog, l50), if you had 10 lagging people for sure :P. Annuminas, I don't know, I rarely did Annuminas and I never really liked it, so I still don't.

I can go into detail as much as I'd like, but it's simple: Once Turbine puts effort and scales Rift, they will scale it wrongly (i.e. it will be too easy or too hard), and it will probably ruin the memories of all those players who spent evenings there having fun.

So please F2P-fanbois don't /sign for this petition

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    No.

I'm not a fan of the scaling of instances. I haven't liked any of the changes so far and I also don't like the way it divides the leveleling for those looking for the instances.

Make new content. Leave existing as is.

Of course, this is moot. I believe they have mentioned that a constant goal is to keep scaling instances.
    My problem with this, is that if they didn't scale the old stuff, then the players would never get a chance to play it. I wanted to play Mirkwood instances and raids SO bad about a year ago, but nobody would join me, because it was near impossible to get a group of 65s together and beat those levels when 75 was the level cap.

Scale rift!!!! That would be great! (as long as that glitch with the final boss door is fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolgaring View Post
    As much as I would love to see the upcoming challenge, endless nights of fun and rage bringing when Rift will be upscaled, I think Turbine shouldn't.

Because simply everything Turbine scaled has become quite boring and a farmfest. Great Barrows used to be the place to wipe in with your newbie characters - Now you can't even get a low level group and it's all about the marks and golden cr@p you get with it. Helegrod, nobody enters this anymore, whereas the 24-man raid used to be fun, and definitely challenging (Thorog, l50), if you had 10 lagging people for sure :P. Annuminas, I don't know, I rarely did Annuminas and I never really liked it, so I still don't.

I can go into detail as much as I'd like, but it's simple: Once Turbine puts effort and scales Rift, they will scale it wrongly (i.e. it will be too easy or too hard), and it will probably ruin the memories of all those players who spent evenings there having fun.

So please F2P-fanbois don't /sign for this petition
    We ran Thorog this past Sat. 18 manned it with a fair amount of new people who had never seen him on level. Wiped once on Drugath and once on Thorog. Again proof that the scaling simply is not being conducted correctly. Any run that is run 25% short of expected chars be involved should be much harder. The Monty Hall of loot giving is just trashing the game.

On level at 50 and 65 this was a very difficult run. For 75 it was moderately difficult with the 16 we took there. Sat, with only 2 wipes basically allowing the new people to experience the mechanics, we finished the run with only 2 dead.... 16 still standing at the end.

So, I'll repeat my self, Turbine, I would rather have more &&&& raids rather than you screwing up runs like DN and Rift. Better yet, get the Devs who did these two runs, give them time and money, then leave them the hell alone and let them create new material worth running.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2