We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings!

Deviled_Egg is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.

Greetings!

Hello! Just thought I'd introduce myself officially as the new Lore-master class dev!

I look forward to working with y'all to make this class even better!

Um... [insert a witty exit line here]

<_<...>_>...

Greetings back at ya.

From level 64 land.
    LilyRose of Gladden, Mistress of the Rangers of the West Kinship. Come check out our kin at rangerswest.guildlaunch.com.

Alright buddy.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000212934/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]
    [center][color=gold]Proximity Tank - Tha Respect Crew[/color][/center]

Welcome aboard. I look forward to the future also.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000031c70d/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Welcome to the forums!

Two simple things (because the class is in a pretty good place at the moment).

Long animations...

and having to hold still for so long to cast, no other class suffers like this except maybe hunters (they can go fleet if they want).

Anyways, thanks for posting, even if little happens it's nice to see someone on the team!!
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r8 Mini

As the first order of business i would like to implement the new skill called gerbil wave. I bet you're wondering what is gerbil wave and I'm glad you asked. Gerbil wave will be a skill where the lm summons hundreds upon hundreds of gerbils and cast them upon the enemy until they are consumed. Now dps wise i would say it would be roughly around 10k per sec and have an area of effect of 20m and range of 30m. Since it is nature damage the castor would take about 500 damage to morale which I feel is sufficient.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001aaa8d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Welcome to the LM forums.

and while im at it, point a dev to burglar forum, they feel forgotten <.<

Welcome.

I just hope, that lm is your main class in lotro
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my first language, sorry for mistakes

Thumbs up

Welcome, Erika!
    Nice to see a squirrel as your portrait - maybe take the lemmings idea and substitute squirrels?
    [CENTER][URL="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Katefoto1/media/5cfeaa44-c0ae-4c96-8f7a-01d1059892cf_zps3a2d9568.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a545/Katefoto1/5cfeaa44-c0ae-4c96-8f7a-01d1059892cf_zps3a2d9568.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by undervo View Post
    Welcome to the LM forums.

and while im at it, point a dev to burglar forum, they feel forgotten <.<
    They don't just feel forgotten, they actually have been :P
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Greetings and welcome

Looking forward to hearing a lot more from you.....as you can imagine, when a lot of loremasters get together, the resulting community is bursting with ideas and there were, are and will always be a tremendous flow of well thought out and mature suggestions and opinions....So feel free to brainstorm here if you like

Its too soon to begin badgering you about class issues just yet, so we'll leave it at that for the moment
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

Taking a lot on your plate I see Egg. Hope you can handle it all OK.

And just throwing out a random suggestion here...
    pets and blue line.

PETS AND BLUE LINE!
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Hallo there!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    And just throwing out a random suggestion here...
    pets and blue line.

PETS AND BLUE LINE!
    and yes, puh-lease
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Iavadur & Co.[/COLOR] ;)
    [COLOR="#0066ff"]Calengil-Serenity-Laurelin[/COLOR]

So you seem to have taken the reins of the LM, Captain, Warden and Guardian?

As for LMs:

Please look at inductions. LM's have the least mobility from all the classes, paired with a heavy dose of inductions and skills that root you in place.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Welcome to the Lore-Master Community ...we'll all be watching you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b22500000005badd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up

Welcome here as well Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

Two simple things (because the class is in a pretty good place at the moment).

Long animations...

and having to hold still for so long to cast, no other class suffers like this except maybe hunters (they can go fleet if they want).

Anyways, thanks for posting, even if little happens it's nice to see someone on the team!!
    Yes PLEASE speed this up. All other classes I dont have a problem with getting my kills done & moving on before the mobs respawn again. This is not the case when I play my lore-master. Doesnt happen all the time but it seems it takes much longer to get things killed & moving on with a LM then the other classes.

Greetings!
    Nice to see an introduction, not sure I have seen that before.

Welcome M'am

I made a suggestion thread for LMs some time ago. Maybe take a look there

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...he-lore-master

cheers

Welcome to our corner of the world! I'm so glad to meet you and look forward to future exchanges.

Just a quick word about all the suggestions here and elsewhere - many of them are not necessarily representative of the sentiment of the community. This point, of course, covers my own opinions.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Hallo!

Great to see some more dev communication, especially with Lore-masters! You will probably find us a little less 'animated' shall we say than your other charge: Guardians. Nevertheless there is a fair bit of feedback to give you so hopefully you keep posting here and letting us know what you think of our ideas. It's the interaction that is the important part!

To start you off here are a few concerns I have about the class:

Long animations e.g. Forst-lore
    Pets - some feel very lacklustre, some seem to have no real roll in end-game content, etc
    Keeper of Animals Line - A trait line that feels a little schizophrenic right now, is it a group support trait line? Is it a pet line? Is it both? A clearer focus or a better melding of support/pets in this line would be good.
    Ancient Master Line - The set bonuses for this trait line feel a bit 'meh' tbh. A bit of a revamp here pls!

One last thing: where do you see the Lore-master heading? What are your priorities for it?

Well, hi there! *gives a little wave*

I'm fine with where the LM class is at the moment; I don't even mind the long inductions. (In fact I like that those inductions give me a little extra time to consider the situation and -if neccessary- change my mind about my next action.)

The thing I wish for most for the LM class is some kind of in-game information about the whole flank mechanic. When people ask for help because they have problems with their LM it turns out so very often that they do not know how to use flanks and I really, really think the tutorial should at least mention them. (Or why not go another step ahead and have the trainer in the intro area have us achieve a flank-heal on a training-dummy after the first summoning of our raven pet? Or at least give us a scrap of paper in our inventories when we create an LM like the neat little note RKs and Wardens get to point them towards key mechanics of their classes.)

I think adding some kind of information about flanking in-game would help a lot of players to get their LM started with a lot less frustration.

Apart from that, my biggest wish would be more craftable pet-skins for our little darlings. (Yes, I really enjoy the class as it is now.)

Welcome!
    I think the former dev did a great job with us but there are still so many things to look at.. Animations, pets, support legacies and so on... Hope to hear you often
    KANOMIR Captain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000387e63/01008/signature.png]Anitta[/charsig]

Welcome aboard!

Suggestion:

Wind-lore! Fix it!

I do not want my allies thinking I have followed in Saruman's footsteps!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    They don't just feel forgotten, they actually have been :P
    It's their stealthiness that makes them easy to overlook!

But back on topic: Welcome! And I hope you'll get some nice, well thought out and integrated updates to our class.
    Ingaras, lvl 75 Elven Hunter; and others...
    [URL="http://thewesternalliance.org"]The Western Alliance[/URL], Laurelin
    [i]"The priority now is the store not the game. The store no longer supports the game, its the other way around."[/i]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast