We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wink Thoughts about my hunter / Legacies

Hey everyone So i have my lvl 55 hunter, and i would like some of you veteran hunters to give me your thoughts about my hunter.
    So - lvl 55
    Morale - 3248
    Power - 2038
    Armor - 2698
    Might - 86
    Agility - 717
    Vitality -364
    Will - 96
    Fate - 153
    Critical Hit - 3451
    Physical Mastery - 11,388
    Resistance - 2445
    Virtues:
    Determination - 5
    Loyalty - 7
    Charity - 7
    Zeal - 4
    Compassion - 6
    Traits:
    4 Blue : Strong draw, Deadly Precision, Earthborn and Deep concentration.
    2 Red : Swift and true and Fast Draw.
    What do you think i have to change or improve? please write me everything.
    And last thing, what are the most important LI legacies for hunter? [Bow and sword]

Not sure that I'm the best person to answer you, but have a look at this thread that I started, It might give you some ideas.

You can pop your character into http://ttahvo.webatu.com/index.php and it'll compare some aspects of your character with anyone else of that same class/level that has done it before. It's not always the best way to judge if you need to improve on something, but chances are if you're below average on one of the more important ones (agility, morale, etc) that may be something you could try to improve.

Most important legacies are:
    Bow - Focus Crit Multiplier and Induction Crit Multiplier
    Melee weapon - Precision Crit Multiplier (if you use Precision Stance) and Needful Haste Duration
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    You can pop your character into http://ttahvo.webatu.com/index.php and it'll compare some aspects of your character with anyone else of that same class/level that has done it before. It's not always the best way to judge if you need to improve on something, but chances are if you're below average on one of the more important ones (agility, morale, etc) that may be something you could try to improve.

Most important legacies are:
    Bow - Focus Crit Multiplier and Induction Crit Multiplier
    Melee weapon - Precision Crit Multiplier (if you use Precision Stance) and Needful Haste Duration
    I would second this the stat checker is +++ useful. 700 Agi is great for your level. I would add that if grouping is your thing or becoming your thing you might consider the beneath notice cool down too. I guess you are in Moria now and if you haven't tried grouping yet its a great place to start people are still running alot of them due to class deeds, virtues and well fun it seems. If you are more of a solo type player a power reduction (focus or induction) may suit due to the lack of cap/?LM power boosts.

I'm sure you know what your doing with the LI's but something I which I knew sooner was to always have 6 Items slotted and levelling (doubles the IXP gained in total but spreads it) and level to 31 if there are good legacies on them. That way when you outlevel your "perfect" 2nd ager and get your next one, plenty of legacy replacement scrolls lying around.

Last thing your virtues are fairly low most of mine (lvl63) are around the 10 mark, the teal jewelery from the lootboxes are ok for this ( if the rest of the stats are better than the ones you have already) and they sell on the AH at reasonable prices at lvl 50 and 60. Google lotro wiki ring of the rabbit/ ear / bracelet etc. An easy determination level up is hte eregion lizard slayer (go west from echad ??dunnad but not as far as the wet river on way to dunland) plenty there, and the Uruk captains slayer only 6 and only one is hard to kill - He's in a grouping dungeon near the ruined town overlooking the trollshaws I forget the name. see Lotro mmorsel virtue finder for more in the lower levels - not updated for newer content but great for old stuff.
    Elendilmir - 95 Hunter Berenthalion - 80ish Burg Berendybuck - baby warden Berenion.

Worst Reaver on the server BerendyBash - R4

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    I would second this the stat checker is +++ useful. 700 Agi is great for your level. I would add that if grouping is your thing or becoming your thing you might consider the beneath notice cool down too. I guess you are in Moria now and if you haven't tried grouping yet its a great place to start people are still running alot of them due to class deeds, virtues and well fun it seems. If you are more of a solo type player a power reduction (focus or induction) may suit due to the lack of cap/?LM power boosts.

I'm sure you know what your doing with the LI's but something I which I knew sooner was to always have 6 Items slotted and levelling (doubles the IXP gained in total but spreads it) and level to 31 if there are good legacies on them. That way when you outlevel your "perfect" 2nd ager and get your next one, plenty of legacy replacement scrolls lying around.

Last thing your virtues are fairly low most of mine (lvl63) are around the 10 mark, the teal jewelery from the lootboxes are ok for this ( if the rest of the stats are better than the ones you have already) and they sell on the AH at reasonable prices at lvl 50 and 60. Google lotro wiki ring of the rabbit/ ear / bracelet etc. An easy determination level up is hte eregion lizard slayer (go west from echad ??dunnad but not as far as the wet river on way to dunland) plenty there, and the Uruk captains slayer only 6 and only one is hard to kill - He's in a grouping dungeon near the ruined town overlooking the trollshaws I forget the name. see Lotro mmorsel virtue finder for more in the lower levels - not updated for newer content but great for old stuff.
    This was a good post. I bolded and underlined what I feel are the most important parts.

So macro points:

1. Work on virtues: Just clean up the lower level ones that you want in the shire, bree, lone lands etc. Should go quick as you out level the region so explorer quests wont have the issue of threat you can ride anywhere.

2. What crafting discipline did you choose? Basically if you didnt go tinker, find one and get level crafted jewels as a set. You can always pop on better drops but 55,60,65,70,75... every 5 levels or so upgrade your jewels or have the next level set ready (so for you try and accumulate through contacts, crafting or the AH level 60).

3. I run 5 blue, critical eye and heightened sense on my hunter but hes level cap and a PvP set up. Your going to be hitting lothlorien and mirkwood soon and mirkwood specifically is when mobs start to hit harder. Id fool with a bowmaster build: Swift and true, barbed fury, true shot, critical eye (more if you want). With your agility and the bow master slot bonus's you'll be outputting a lot of damage. Of course this isnt necessarily a good build for running group content becuase you will pull, but when your out solo on the landscape pump out some DPS.

Good luck, overall looks good.

Thanks for your replies.

So im a tinker, and i got 2 fox rings, fox necklace and a rabbit earrings [ all lvl 50] my jewellery is okay, everything is 30 + agility, lowest is 33 [pocket item].
    Like you said my virtues are low, im gonna start working on it right now.
    Im playing with a friend, hes a tank warden [makes it much more easier for me].
    So on legacies im correctly leveling up 5 LI's and gonna move the legacies to a second age bow/sword.
    And about traits, i see everyone in the forum says that blue line is better then red line, are you sure its better running red line now?
    Last edited by Volparsem; Jan 29 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volparsem View Post
    And about traits, i see everyone in the forum says that blue line is better then red line, are you sure its better running red line now?
    Both lines have strengths and weaknesses. Red has good DPS, I mean dont get me wrong... I run 5 blue for improved fleetness but my hunter does PvP exclusively. Im not saying its better, Im saying its different. Red line has some nice DPS when you go 4 in, and then it comes down to play style.

I traited red line through most of the PVE content i ran to get to cap. My goal was the kill mobs as fast as possible the bonus's for damage are very good. The huntsman line gives you a lot of opportunity to gain additional focus pips which in theory allows you to fire off stronger shots, more often. Ive never done a compare, dont have the time but ive done a lot of slayer deeds with my hunter and standing there full red line and pew, pewing from a distance made that go fast.

At the end of the day, I like the huntsman line but it dosent make the bowmaster non viable either. Try it, you should see a notable difference in burst damage. You can always go back to huntsman.

Moria is a great place to get easy virtues since many of them are from exploring, questing and running instances. Check your deedlog once in a while and clear out remaining virtues in older zone.

You still got 30 levels before you hit 85 so no real need to powerfarm for certain virtues as you'll get quite a lot from just 'playing the game'