We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Video showing lag in ettenmoors on both sides.

dear turbine, will also post on official site but me and other ppl of the snowbourn server are really tired of the lag and blaming our pc's isn't solving the server lag so me and some others made videos about the lag.... i hope you realise cos of that it's not our pc and i actually encourage you gm's to join our raids so you can see with your overpowered pc's yourself it's not a pc issue! thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156q2...ature=youtu.be
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000000a56c9/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

*starts watching*
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

That is a vid that actually shows a bit of the lagging.
    It was worse then seen.. so many got skill bugged and had to relog to get it going again.
    And THEN got stuck on "cleaning up old connection".
    FIX it please please please
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/29225000000003402/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

creep side

another one here from the creep side
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6fBd...ature=youtu.be
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0100002964c1/signature.png]Monstreous[/charsig]
    Gu kibum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi... akha-gum-ishi ashi gurum...

... Ive seen worse. Like not being able to move/cast skills. This wasnt all that bad.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Fools! Did you not know that Turbine is god?! Your insolence will not go unpunished!

Seriously, this game was never meant to handle PvP. It can barely handle its PvE side without lag. They need to do a lotro 2.0 to be able to 'fix' their game. EVERYTHING needs to be redone.

It's actually made me so upset that I've just signed up for a beta on ESO. I'm heading there for PvP alone as it seems to be able to handle hundreds on screen at a time.

/popcorn

sometimes I get this thing I like to call the "movie effect"

your chat box actually functions in real time (as in, I can chat with the people in my raid real time) while the events on screen happened about 5 minutes ago. This usually happens when the mega freep raid meets the mega creep raid (unfortunately a daily occurrence)

I have since stopped raiding.
    Last edited by Lendas; Jan 27 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Come to Ark, only one raidball allowed at a time here
    Jag

Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    sometimes I get this thing I like to call the "movie effect"

your chat box actually functions in real time (as in, I can chat with the people in my raid real time) while the events on screen happened about 5 minutes ago. This usually happens when the mega freep raid meets the mega creep raid (unfortunately a daily occurrence)

I have since stopped raiding.
    Yes I have exactly the same during raids. Characters do not move or are in the wrong positions, so I need to guess where they really are. The update feed from the server is not coming through fast enough.

I lagged out a few times while being rez camped at TR freepside. The creeps had the OP and were running back and forth over the bridge from it. Now I got some points, Im not bitching about the camp it was a good running fight I actually like them I dont have to mount and ride being so close to the rez.

As more creeps showed the lag got worse, nothing prohibitive really but those few times it was complete lock. We had about 15 freeps at the rez, 30+ creeps on the bridge and more on the hill toward OC. Just about everyone in OOC confirmed the lag, it didnt seem to be PC specific. Dont know how they fared on creepside.

:(

omg i have the same problem, but when i turn left and right im lagging like crazy why? and maybe 5 days before it was ok i could play fine but now

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin3 View Post
    Fools! Did you not know that Turbine is god?! Your insolence will not go unpunished!

Seriously, this game was never meant to handle PvP. It can barely handle its PvE side without lag. They need to do a lotro 2.0 to be able to 'fix' their game. EVERYTHING needs to be redone.

It's actually made me so upset that I've just signed up for a beta on ESO. I'm heading there for PvP alone as it seems to be able to handle hundreds on screen at a time.
    It can't even handle pve.... look at some instances with a lot of effects going (most pretty example is the shadowboss in orthanc). Since ROI it has been a steady tunedown of graphics and effects in order to keep playing without lag. While in PVE you can compensate due to the predictable nature, this is mere impossible in pvp... also it's much much worse in pvp. Áll I can say is: bug it as much as you can. It's a company so get the statistics running and let them do the talking for you. Every bug filed will result in a bugreport and adds to all bug reports. When they have so many bug reports on performance issues, then they must deal with it.. the backbone of every online game is it's performance, and investors won't want to give money to a game thats more broken then working this is what the tale of the numbers tell... the tale of the bugreports and it would be lovely if they actually would adress it. I don't believe in the stories of "its the deeds" or "skilltrees", those have been there since the beginning... but it's a nice carrot to dangle in front of us: tomorrow everything will be better

LOTRO servers having lag issues in pvp? Shocking. Maybe Turbine should update their servers! *Waits 6 years, nothing's done*

Lots of the lag in the Ettenmoors is the server itself, not the player. This isn't to say that lag isn't caused by player settings; a lot of times it is player settings. I love the video though! Love watching Creeps get zerged in slow motion while camping the hill.

Soleus's video did a good job of showing it

There are worse lags on Eldar, I think.
    Recently in a exceptionally big fight (something like almost 2v2 full raids) my spear gambit guilder needed about 10seconds to fire. So something like half a minute to build and use a more complicated gambit. Not to mention the problem of determining the actual position of the target and range and direction issues. Lag is bad for all classes but exceptionally awful for wardens.

Btw. I have a decent (but not this year's high end) PC and play on every low settings (except draw distance). I may do some more tricks with disabling some UI settings, but anyway it should work much better.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224000000100363/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Warden(85), Minstrel(85), Rune-Keeper(85), Burglar(85), Captain(85), Hunter(85)

10s is luxury bud, when you have WL's waiting 30s to fire a bubble you feel angry :P

The video Soleus took was during a TA tyrant room fight with 2 creep raids + gold tags vs 2 freep raids + goldtags...at least 100 people in that keep.