We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ikaruz View Post
    I dont know why but this game getting worse day by day...
    I made 300runs to Bells of Dale T2 and we didnt get any gold items... (6 of us) and this means totaly wasting of my time!
    If you managing better and fair looting system lotro, please set cooldown this instances and give us "Gold Item" with %100 drop chance... Believe me this is better.
    I'll play this game end of this month if nottings change basicly i'll guit playing, as i said before its totaly waste of time with this sux drop chance.
    Good luck on your quest to get things working for you. However Turbine has a bad rep for not fixing broken things. Look at how it took five years for them to finaly admit they needed to work on houseing. Turbine should have made the list of worst companys in america right next to EA for their practices. Their lack of customer support, excessive use of microtransactions while chargeing full price for games/expansions (one of the items EA was sited with) and lack of development should earn them that honor.
    http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...170932002.html

I'm nearing 80 runs of Fornost Water Wing since U10 on my Runekeeper, have yet to see a teal drop. I've been grinding it in the hopes of getting the healer cloak as well as the gold Runekeeper earring, the fact that I'm almost to 80 Water Wing runs and have yet to even get the teal I was hoping for is ridiculous. I haven't even seen it drop. Haven't seen the Teal earring drop either for that matter. And don't get me started on IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixinix View Post

I'm sure Turbine doesn't want to have a frustrated player base so any solution would be more than welcome. Why not remove gold items from endlessly farmable instances and think of another way to acquire such items.
    First, it's not about the customer is feeling it is how much the customer is playing/playing. Second they do not need to think of another way to acquire items, the looting system was perfect before and you earned loot - luck had very little part to play. Turbine rethunk something if that's a word not to make it a better game but to stop people from having fun and beating raids and then taking several month subscription breaks while waiting for the next 2 year mini update.

As someone who accepts nothing better than the best on my character I've ground myself into the ground for gold items and sometimes I even forget about having fun when I'm in an instance. If they continue to introduce this in higher levels people really will be cancelling subscriptions, most people make all the threats all the time about quitting but I think this time it's gone past that point.

Only reason I'm still playing today is because FTLM is decently hard and will keep me entertained for a few weeks. You won't see me in the walls of Fornost grinding for 2 earrings that 1 person on a multi thousand person server has.

Quote Originally Posted by clarabelle View Post
    Its not about "looking cool"....snip...
    You can't know it, but i was refering to Ikaruz's biography, because he is on my Server (and anon since yesterday, oh wonder).

In general, gold items can't replace missing knowledge and skills. They are nice to have, but no must.

I agree as many others, the new loot system sucks!

I also believe that raid locks + higher drop rates were a much better way. I'd like to see the gold items have a 5% drop chance per 6-man or raid chest (T2 and Challenge) and 0% on T1. completing a T2 Challenge would see 1-2 people get a gold every run. To compensate - bring back weekly locks. Or even better - allow us to run them repeatedly but only get chest loot once a week.

If in a week you ran BG, OD, 3 new raids, Bells, and SG you would be almost certain to get 1 gold a week, getting the right one would get harder and herder but at least a 10% shot once a week is more fun than a 0.5% chance 200 times. It might encourage kins to push a bit harder on certain content (OD wings 4 (Fear), 5 and 6 don't get a lot of love).

Quote Originally Posted by Goatgullad View Post
    when I inspect someone who happens to have even one of these, I think "wow, lucky fellow."
    And THAT is the fundamental fail of the PRNG-based method of gear acquisition: 5% skill/effort, 95% luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestache View Post
    In OD and Orthanc, a gold item was a guaranteed drop from the final boss' challenge chest. In the case of OD, maybe it wasn't the particular gold item that you wanted (apparently Baingrist, in your case), but at least one of the three dropped every time.

Hopefully the U10 raids will employ a similar mechanic rather than the current "you may get a gold item just for farming the easiest 3-man on T1" system.
    Exactly what I am thinking. There is no need to increase the gold item drops though. These should be rare. But in many cases, when you do a T2 CM instance, there aren't even dropping teal items. I'd suggest that there has to be a teal item drop every T2 CM run in the challenge box for one character. If they do this, they also need to make T2 CM more challenging than it is at this moment. A lot of 6 men instances are just too simple even with the challeng mode to justify good loot.

It should be like this: the more challenging an instance is, the better the loot. While dev diaries already suggest that this method is active, i cannot see it in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Locumon View Post
    Exactly what I am thinking. There is no need to increase the gold item drops though. These should be rare. But in many cases, when you do a T2 CM instance, there aren't even dropping teal items. I'd suggest that there has to be a teal item drop every T2 CM run in the challenge box for one character. If they do this, they also need to make T2 CM more challenging than it is at this moment. A lot of 6 men instances are just too simple even with the challeng mode to justify good loot.

It should be like this: the more challenging an instance is, the better the loot. While dev diaries already suggest that this method is active, i cannot see it in live action.
    I like others have no problem with gold items being a low drop. My problem is with the RNG period and drops in general. I have 2 tanks a warden and a Guardian. I have a RK also. So far since the xpac I have only gotten a total of 2 teal items I have actually worn. One for my warden and one for my guard. The rest of the items I have gotten on these toons look like something that belongs on a champ or hunter. Also on my guard I have gotten drops where one of the stats is tactical mastery. Really? The only piece I use on my warden was a drop I got while on my hunter. It was a pair of teal boots with 970 block rating. Block rating on a hunter? My RK has been lucky and has the only gold item. It has rolled now 4 times for him so I have had to vendor 3 of them. I use my RK maybe 4 times a week and my 2 tanks run between 100-120 runs a week.

If we do not speak up about this loot system it will never be fixed. I'm not even sure why they changed to this one. I'd rather go back to the old system where hunters, champs, LM's , whatever are rolling on my tank items with block rating. I just want to see things drop when you complete a t2c. Instead of having to do 15-20 a night and only get some relics, bounties and a couple of trash purples. Atleast in the old system when you completed a T2c in foundry or roots you would always have something nice in the chest at the end for someone. Same thing went for the raids. In the old system atleast I knew if I ran a 6 or 3 man 5 times a week eventually I would get a drop. Which means I wwas running about 10-12 group instances a week instead of that number being in the hundreds. There are many other things I like to do in game other than grouping for bounties lol. Solo skirms, crafting instances, events, leveling an alt, etc. Now I am greeted every single night in kin chat and across the server with who wants to runxxxx? Every single 30 seconds.

This grind rng is trash. It can't even tell if you have the items equipped and half the time it has no clue what items you're class should be getting. When I come into the Instance finder as a tank I want tank items. This single changed to the game is the one thing that is going to make me quit after over 3 years of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeTheLag View Post
    I mean, "Hotel California" was an awesome song, the first 104,738 times I heard it on Classic Rock radio. Right now Turbine is forcing us to listen to Milli Vanelli on an endless tape loop.
    True words. I was excited when they scaled so many of the old instance as I hadn't done many of them before. After running Annuminas and Fornost ad nauseum I'm nearing the end of my patience. I've noticed a steep decline in players running instances over the past couple weeks so I feel I'm not alone here.

The two suggestions I've seen here have been gating behind t2c raids and instance locks:
    My thoughts on gating behind t2 raids - I've never completed a t2 raid and probably never will but at least that takes the annoyance out of choosing my runs based on which one will drop a usable gold item for my character. I cringe a bit every time I do a barrows run and I pray that I don't use my one drop of luck on a gold item that doesn't fit my build. Also the best items should require completing the hardest content. That makes sense, right?

Instance locks - I don't hate spam running but it gets dull to see "Sambrog Sambrog Sambrog Farm". I can't remember the last time I ran Fornost other than Water wing. The only down side is having trouble getting a group because people have already run it. Didn't RoI have bi-weekly locks? I like that.

TL;DR: T2C raid gating or bi-weekly instance lock - I like either

Orthanc itself had weekly locks to even get in the instance. The 3-mans and Foundry had no actual "locks" so you could run them as much as you wanted for the teals, other chest goodies, and medallions, but the quests had a bi-weekly reset, limiting how many seals you could get from them.

To start with, the game's loot system sucks to the point that it "encourages" people to level chars of the same armour type (or base stat). Having a hunter, a warden and a burglar is so beneficial these days, since by using only one of these 3 chars to do instances, you can perfectly equip all 3 to the max (including the gold recipes, only excluding the gold item drops).

Beyond that, it is certain that the drop rates between instance clusters are not the same. Just look around you to see how many people have teal/gold items from GB/annu and how many have teal/gold items from fornost. Personally, i've run more fornosts than GB, and i haven't seen more than a couple of teal items drop in fornost (not only for me, but for everyone in the FS). Not to mention that fornost is considerably harder than GB, especially the last 2 wings, so it should reward more.

A third point for me, is that loot distribution is many times uneven and forces specific classes to run specific instances over and over again. Example, all end-game hunter earrings are .. in fornost. One in water wing, one in fire wing and the gold one shared in all wings. Oh yeah, i forgot, hunters can get an earring from PP skirmish raid, or from BG Twins, but both are much inferior to the fornost ones.

Last but not least, so that i also come to the main topic of the thread, in my opinion the problem with the gold items is that they are .... too many. I don't think it's good for the game to inspect people and see that they're wearing 10 or 11 gold items on them (i've met quite a few). The very meaning of the word 'legendary' is lost. How can an item be legendary, when 1000s of people are wearing it, or when one char is wearing 10 of them? Each class should not have more than 2 such items and of course the way to get them should be extremely difficult (as it was in orthanc for example). Now we have rings from quartermasters, bracelets and necklaces from grinding simple mobs, head/shoulders/boots/chests/pocket/earring from 3man/6man, FA symbols from T1 raids (for the ones that looted it, some of them multiple times), or with seals. In fact, anywhere in Rohan you could get a gold item. This is not correct. It ruins the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I had a question I was wondering about.

I'm looking for my gold captain shield, which comes from mirkwood. There is a cappy shield in warg pens. Would doing warg pens give me a better shot at it. My thinking was it might roll purple shield, teal shield, then gold shield, even though the gold and teal are not identical.
    When i get my Cappy's bracelet in haudh valandil i got no angmarim's bracelet in the roll, so i assume that the rolls may not be cumulative but alternative. but i could be wrong. One thing for certain is that is better to farm instances that drops teals that help your build- farm warg pens until you get teal warg shield, farm dungeons until you get the journal, farm iobar's for 2 earrings , farm haudh valandil for 2 bracelets. While you are doing your teal gear farm you are also getting a shot at gaining a gold. By the time you finish farming your golds, you most likely will have one or more golds to show up. The other way of building, farming gold or repeating instances that you already have the gold from is less effective in the way to perfection.

I know its all RNG, but i have seen so many golds drop in my runs after U10.1 that i assume my bad luck of having only one gold bracelet, at least after U10.1. Recipes are another matter altogether, never seen any drop.

if they would just add in a barter option for all the golds it would be an easy fix and make a lot of people happy. I have around 1600 seals on live and have 1 gold. if they made a option for 500 seals or something It would make all the work I did worth it. at this point its a big disappointment
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000009a95a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by gurnt View Post
    if they would just add in a barter option for all the golds it would be an easy fix and make a lot of people happy. ............................ if they made a option for 500 seals or something It would make all the work I did worth it. at this point its a big disappointment
    I can agree with this but Only for the armour items. For the recipes, anything over 100 seal is too much as they still may not crit. Change the recipe to 100% crit chance and 500 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gurnt View Post
    if they would just add in a barter option for all the golds it would be an easy fix and make a lot of people happy. I have around 1600 seals on live and have 1 gold. if they made a option for 500 seals or something It would make all the work I did worth it. at this point its a big disappointment
    I would rather that there be no gold items at all then for there to be gold items that require that amount of grinding to get. There's nothing epic or legendary about grinding. If you want the teal Greater Erebor armour, you have to beat three raids on T2. It should not be possible to get gold armour, which theoretically is better or at least rarer than teal, just by grinding facerolls like Sch/Lib. GB, and Annum.

If this proliferation of gold items is here to stay, however, then they should get rid of purple items and increase the drop rate on teals. By making gold the new teal, they make teal the new purple, and purple the new yellow. Instances don't drop yellow items; now that purple is the new yellow, instances shouldn't drop purple either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3