We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114

    Thumbs up 1 server 1 Ettenmoors

    Ok after playing gw2, the rift ,aion etc etc i came back to the good oil lotro and what do i find. still pvp which is isolated from the world with on the top only 30 vs 30 on &&&&&& laggy server.

    I think it is time for turbine and there men to get to work design one server for pvp only which everyone from every server can go to. These days it is so easy to let servers work together making it possible that people can hop from one to the other. I believe in one server for all freeps and creeps, this way we get much bigger fights and much bigger attention for lotro pvp.

    And for language barriers u can make one for Germans one for France and one for English. I don't understand why all servers have there own pvp while it would be so much better if we could have fights on one server.

    Lets end this stupid pvp where some worlds only have less then 20 people online at max on both sides??? what kind of action is this lol.

    one server would end the horrible lag, one server would increases the activity in all area's which result in only better pvp, one server would mean easier raiding for both sided which we all want. i only see positive things.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    You might be okay with every single square metre of the Moors having at least 50 people in it, but I am not.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9

    Wink

    i like that idea

  4. #4
    I remember aion. 600v600 all you saw was a mass of names and no bodies. They had a large yard for 1v1, small group and specific events that brought out all the players to one location.

    We do not currently have the map for that.

    I would like some "warfronts" though.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000c7eb3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    I remember aion. 600v600 all you saw was a mass of names and no bodies. They had a large yard for 1v1, small group and specific events that brought out all the players to one location.

    We do not currently have the map for that.

    I would like some "warfronts" though.
    Lol imagine the lag in a 600v600 raid.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    You might be okay with every single square metre of the Moors having at least 50 people in it, but I am not.
    An halve empty map is ok? wel i rather have action on every single square meter then have no action at all. Or are you one of those pve guys trying to pvp.

  7. #7
    If history is any guide, segregated PvP servers work out well early on but tend to die off due to issues already mentioned.

    Dedicated PvP servers on the other hand, meaning that going to the Moors on your server hands you off to a separate high capacity sub-server would be nice. That may actually be the current architecture. If so all I know is that some servers need beefier Moors' sub-servers than others, alas.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwald View Post
    If history is any guide, segregated PvP servers work out well early on but tend to die off due to issues already mentioned.

    Dedicated PvP servers on the other hand, meaning that going to the Moors on your server hands you off to a separate high capacity sub-server would be nice. That may actually be the current architecture. If so all I know is that some servers need beefier Moors' sub-servers than others, alas.
    I mean just one server with ettemoors only, which everyone from every server can join on. maybe even make the moors better to provide for the large amount of people.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    I mean just one server with ettemoors only, which everyone from every server can join on. maybe even make the moors better to provide for the large amount of people.
    Oh, I know what you meant. It's just that on my server the number of Moors players is so large that it becomes unplayable *now*. That's the sort of experience other people were referring to in their replies, making them averse to the idea, especially if that were the only Moors option.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/052140000000e4452/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    I mean just one server with ettemoors only, which everyone from every server can join on. maybe even make the moors better to provide for the large amount of people.
    Some folk tend to forget that LOTRO is not only about Ettenmoors. It is much bigger than that, really.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwald View Post
    Oh, I know what you meant. It's just that on my server the number of Moors players is so large that it becomes unplayable *now*. That's the sort of experience other people were referring to in their replies, making them averse to the idea, especially if that were the only Moors option.
    I know what you mean, but if you got one server with the moors map only and not everything else, and you will only use it for pvp sake and make it a good dedicated server it could handle 600 vs 600 easy since you don't got the whole pve stuff and the people on there to hold it down.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Some folk tend to forget that LOTRO is not only about Ettenmoors. It is much bigger than that, really.
    This has been an discussion over the years, pvp is an end game concept wich allot of people enjoy for some the only content to play lotro, it should get the same attention as everything else, everyone like to do pvp once in a while but are being hold back now because it is &&&&. it the famous circle because the devs don't make it priority because no one seems to like it, but no one like it because dev never made a real progress in it. so this would make the circle complete.

  13. #13
    PvP server free for all or VIP for all sounds good idea..

    In this server freeps can form extra pvp kinships and have better pvp community..

    A ''Mordor pve creep world'' for leveling up from 1 to 85 would be really nice too


    I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    This has been an discussion over the years, pvp is an end game concept wich allot of people enjoy for some the only content to play lotro, it should get the same attention as everything else, everyone like to do pvp once in a while but are being hold back now because it is &&&&. it the famous circle because the devs don't make it priority because no one seems to like it, but no one like it because dev never made a real progress in it. so this would make the circle complete.
    That's why there is no reason/need for a PVP-only server in LOTRO.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  15. #15
    What you're suggesting sounds fine on paper, but in reality, it would probably show as creating nothing more than a zergy pvp, a type of which the Lotro pvp system really isn't designed for. It would also require a whole new, bigger map, and especially stability of the servers without significant lag, and since Turbine obviously has problems with even small population servers (not to mention the high pop. ones) experiencing serious consistent lag spikes in pvp (and occasionaly pve for that matter), i see it as fiction.

    Current pvp, with all it's flaws and balance issues would still be enjoyable, if they only fixed the lag issue, which is slowly killing the will and desire to play in even the most dedicated veterans, that sticked with the game for years, at least that's what i'm seeing.

    If Turbine managed to somehow find a solution to that problem, and perhaps even merge a couple of really low population servers (don't get me wrong, i realise there's people out there who enjoy smaller communities), i think that would go a long way towards long term "success" of this game.
    Vilya: Healadder (defiler, R10), Kommisar (stalker, R7).
    Snowbourn: Superserial (warleader, R8), Steelstack (reaver, R6).
    Brandywine: Manvet (champion, R10 - Retired); Stargash-1 (reaver, R12)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    That's why there is no reason/need for a PVP-only server in LOTRO.
    this is your opinion tough and with all due respect i can't agree with it. there are allot of people who want much better pvp then we got now and if the devs would put there shoulders under it, it can happen fairly easy. and there is a reason for pvp in lotro, there once was solid and lovely community within lotro based around pvp, thise people deserve just as much as the pve community.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Manvett View Post
    What you're suggesting sounds fine on paper, but in reality, it would probably show as creating nothing more than a zergy pvp, a type of which the Lotro pvp system really isn't designed for. It would also require a whole new, bigger map, and especially stability of the servers without significant lag, and since Turbine obviously has problems with even small population servers (not to mention the high pop. ones) experiencing serious consistent lag spikes in pvp (and occasionaly pve for that matter), i see it as fiction.

    Current pvp, with all it's flaws and balance issues would still be enjoyable, if they only fixed the lag issue, which is slowly killing the will and desire to play in even the most dedicated veterans, that sticked with the game for years, at least that's what i'm seeing.

    If Turbine managed to somehow find a solution to that problem, and perhaps even merge a couple of really low population servers (don't get me wrong, i realise there's people out there who enjoy smaller communities), i think that would go a long way towards long term "success" of this game.
    If they can make new server for ettens they can redesign ettens as whole because you don't have the whole pve world attached to it, so yes it can be designed like that, also u can add more stuff within the area like 1 v 1 combat zone, a zone where creeps and freeps can be togheter for fun, you can add a place for capture the flag etc etc, a server only for pvp would open a world of new idea's to make it better.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    this is your opinion tough and with all due respect i can't agree with it. there are allot of people who want much better pvp then we got now and if the devs would put there shoulders under it, it can happen fairly easy. and there is a reason for pvp in lotro, there once was solid and lovely community within lotro based around pvp, thise people deserve just as much as the pve community.
    I stand correct. You don't realize the bigger picture

    You're implying that PVE/PVP community are different, and even tho there's been alot of changes in PVP, you're saying that nothing's changed in your point of view. Meta has already shifted. People are PVPing. that's why there is no need of such server
    Last edited by Rashy; Jan 26 2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    I stand correct. You don't realize the bigger picture

    You're implying that PVE/PVP community are different, and even tho there's been alot of changes in PVP, you're saying that nothing's changed in your point of view. Meta has already shifted. People are PVPing. that's why there is no need of such server
    PVPing and Lotro PVPing is something different, as we all know. I believe there is need for server where everyone can join, because it will increase the pvp activity huge. If you say there is no need then you don't the value of pvp at all. The reason why there allot of servers have problems with gv campin is due the fact that there to less people pvping, which i already explained why and in allot of threads u can find out why.

    Merging everyone into one server would resolve the problem of mass camping of one side since increasing the numbers means more action overal. you get more to choose. how smaller the player base the less choice u got. So the means of one server for pvp is there you are just not willing to see it.

  20. #20
    I hear you.. this is my input.

    Its a godawful idea. Heavily populated servers are zergy and less interesting. Its as bad a ghost server. I respect the fact you want every inch of the ettenmoors landscape to contain 30 toons, but this is my idea of hell.

    What would be good is a single open world server where creeps are free to roam the main pve maps, but his is inherrently problematic as freeps would be food for worms until they level to 85. The only way around is is a massive rebuild which is quite frankly beyond turbines cost v return dreamscape, awesome as it could be.

    But a single ettemoors with the population of every server on it would be dire, just dire. Words cannot express how dire this would be.

    So maybe a new map encompassing breeland, the north downs, angmar and the lone lands with everybody from all the pvp servers on it. That would work. Then again... a new map... oh.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    Merging everyone into one server would resolve the problem of mass camping of one side since increasing the numbers means more action overal. you get more to choose. how smaller the player base the less choice u got. So the means of one server for pvp is there you are just not willing to see it.
    Merging the servers would only aggravated the lag issues we are having. This is not a solution.

    I don't know what server you're in right now, but you should try to consider to transfer to a more PVP-oriented server. That'd be the solution for your issue.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

    Essie - Tr.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    An halve empty map is ok? wel i rather have action on every single square meter then have no action at all. Or are you one of those pve guys trying to pvp.
    Do you really think a R11 WL of over three years without a freep over level 75 is a PVE guy?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload