We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    158

    Necessary Changes

    Hey Turbine, just wanted to drop a line and see if we could get the ball rolling on some mechanics that are so incredibly bad, they hurt. Now, with that being said, allow me to first state that I believe you are finally moving PvMP in the right direction.

    So! What on earth could we possibly cover?

    #1. KB = Win. I want to cover multiple bases on this problem. First, the fact that the 'killing blow' indicates when a deed advances for Freep play is arguably the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a deed update. How do you expect healers to ever achieve such a thing? If you tap the creep, you get a deed update. Fix it.

    The DoF buffs are either broken or WAI (probably what Turbine is gonna say...) meaning that a fraid can tag said DoF boss, take it down 99.9% of its health, and a creep can swing once, KB it and achieve the buff for all of creepside.

    You freakin' kidding me, Turbine? Who thought this up? I've been playing MMO's 17 years now... and of all the ultimate fails I've encountered over 15 odd games, I gotta admit this one is the #1 of all time.

    Fix this by either removing the KB fail entirely, or allowing whichever side deals the most damage to take the mob. If both sides deal exactly 50% of the mobs health, then allow a KB to determine the victor.

    As an aside, I don't creep, so bear with me, but if creeps have slayer deeds (I believe they do) then see the initial freep petition for an update upon tagging rather than a KB, and thanks.

    #2. The Relic Changes.

    I'll admit I was gone for a bit and haven't been to PvP land in awhile, but when we managed to sneak the relic out of DG and into Ost, I was proud of myself. Imagine my shock when creepside zerged Ost and immediately took it right back...

    Seriously? Can we get our hour no-touchie timer back? At least reward someone for taking the effort to steal one of these things when outnumbered 2:1.

    Or not, this is a minor annoyance compared to the DoF KB fail you've created. So if you're going to fix something, start with that.

    #3. The Lotro Store

    I understand you have to make money, Turbine, and I think you folks are arguably the most brilliant MMO company ever to grace the industry. I also think you're killing the MMO genre with your exploitation of the FTP system, but that's a whole different argument/forum post that I'll never throw out there.

    The fact that creeps can 'buy' their traits, abilities, and corruptions ultimately breaks the moors for people. How so, you ask?
    When a Rank 1 Creep is throwing down abilities out of his rank, it breaks the game. That limitation was put in play to reward people who acheive higher ranks, not stuff your pockets with money.

    I get it, you're not gonna remove that ability, nor do I want you to; but I believe you should give the freeps an advantage to help mitigate the fact that most creeps buy their &&&&, which ultimately imbalances big fights.

    Here's my idea:

    Freeps have no bonuses for PvP, in fact, most of us get nerfed or have had abilities nerfed/removed due to PvP, something you swore you'd never do. Well we all know where that oath went...

    Give us a reason to be out there. Being rank 1 or rank 15 means nothing in the long run, it's just a symbol next to your name to indicate how much time you've thrown at what I believe is the worst PvP system ever introduced to a MMO.

    Give us PvP exclusive abilities befitting our rank, or a form of corruptions to drastically modify our characters, much like creepside is able to do. Split the map, making TR normally a freep keep, and keep Lug creepside. In other words, have LC/TR flip to freepside over time, and Isen/Lug flip as they already do.

    Whoever owns TA should keep TA. TA should also weigh more than the other keeps, as it can be harder to maintain.

    Ultimately the major issue I see is this:

    You have zealots of freepside/creepside, much like DAOC has its zealots; people who are dug into their way of fighting and pvp, not bothering to teach others, and not bothering to budge in their thinking, as is their own perogative.

    You have noobies trying to get into the PvP of Lotro, much like DAOC has people who try it. The zealots/elitists push them out. With audacity introduced (the worst mechanic ever invented, and a blatant steal from SWTOR) you have efficiently crushed a 0 audacity player's initial desire to PvP unless they raid.

    You have people who come out there because the set bonuses on PvP armor are better than the set bonuses of PvE armors, and can be used as such. These people are out here to get their set bonuses, and then get the freak out.

    Now, the easiest way to obtain commendations/renown is to join the side that has the biggest zerg/buff advantage...
    Ultimately everything in the Moors defaults to creepside...so...guess where most people go when they need to farm commendations/renown?

    To fix that problem, remove commendation sharing. If you want to creep, then go creep and have your wallet reflect your desire to play as a minion of Sauron. If you want to freep, then freep, and have your wallet reflect your efforts and ultimately the worthlessness of the PvP system in regards to freeps.

    You can fix the imbalance issue with a soft patch of the wallets, making commendations no longer an account-shared item.

    #4. Audacity

    Words can't describe how much I hate this mechanic, what it brought to Lotro (nothing) and what it did to SWTOR.
    Not going into detail on this one, as Turbine should already know how terrible of an idea this was.

    #5. Pots

    Assuming you refuse to remove Audacity from the game, at least give freepside a small bolster. I am still trying to wrap my head around how drinking a poison draught does NOT cure ALL poisons from my persona. This absurb mechanics has plagued Lotro since SoA and desperately needs to be fixed on both PvE and PvP sides.

    That mechanic worked when only one effect could be active at a time; with stackable dots, poisons, diseases, etc... from BOTH sides, this needs to be addressed.

    The Good.

    Here's what you've done right:

    You added buffs making DoF mobs worthy of controlling/killing, something I was very happy to see. You also failed horrendously in the creation of the mechanics revolving the buff.

    You added a quick route through DoF to OPS, which I love; very very cool.

    OPS give Mastery buffs. Very nice, and very silly when considering audacity as a whole and what it brings to the table; but still a decent idea.

    You gave keeps buffs, an idea which I love, but think is heavily stacked towards creepside; something that must be fixed.

    Relics have meaning once more. Another cool change, but the fact that both belong to creepside is something that needs to be fixed. Split them, one and one, or two and two, and the freeps get the same bonuses as the creeps. Controlling all of the relics can give a significant enough buff to provoke relic-wars, so to speak.

    If you decide to go down such a route, then DG/Ost need to get about a 300% in difficulty.


    Now for all the haters, flamers, and people who disagree. That's your right, and I don't expect everyone to share my same train of thought. What is listed above are problems I believe Turbine has at the moment, and that can be fixed with a little bit of time/effort.

    I don't want this fixed overnight, as that means they are not investing the time/effort necessary to fix those.

    In closing, and to answer the question: Why do you PvP if you hate it so much?

    I like leading the community, and ultimately I love Lotro, as I've put 6 months of play time into my only character on Lotro. I believe Lotro is the best MMO on the market, and that it has set the standard for many years to come.

    With that being said, I am a firm believer that Lotro PvP is the worst PvP I've ever seen in an MMO, and I have stated that since the beta of this game. Can't really fix it, and with no PvE content, PvP is all we really have...

    So, here are my requested changes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009cc54/signature.png]Naweth[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    270
    wow can see why you're PO'd

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    The only part I overtly disagree with you on is Audacity.

    Your bias clearly betrays you on this point. As a Burglar you both have access to a multitude of CC, as well as an innate ability to recover from it that further reduces your chances of getting hit with it in the first place(psychologically I mean. Creeps are much less likely to even bother trying to CC a Burg than other classes). You've never had to experience the joys of getting greybarred so much by Burgs and LMs that you're dead before you even get the chance to land a single blow.

    Audacity is a godsend for this reason(along with making fights last longer). Yes, the way it is acquired is flawed, but the statistical effects it has are very much needed.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    #1. KB = Win. I want to cover multiple bases on this problem. First, the fact that the 'killing blow' indicates when a deed advances for Freep play is arguably the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a deed update. How do you expect healers to ever achieve such a thing? If you tap the creep, you get a deed update. Fix it.

    The fact that creeps can 'buy' their traits, abilities, and corruptions ultimately breaks the moors for people. How so, you ask?
    When a Rank 1 Creep is throwing down abilities out of his rank, it breaks the game. That limitation was put in play to reward people who acheive higher ranks, not stuff your pockets with money.

    I get it, you're not gonna remove that ability, nor do I want you to; but I believe you should give the freeps an advantage to help mitigate the fact that most creeps buy their &&&&, which ultimately imbalances big fights.

    You have noobies trying to get into the PvP of Lotro, much like DAOC has people who try it. The zealots/elitists push them out. With audacity introduced (the worst mechanic ever invented, and a blatant steal from SWTOR) you have efficiently crushed a 0 audacity player's initial desire to PvP unless they raid.

    You have people who come out there because the set bonuses on PvP armor are better than the set bonuses of PvE armors, and can be used as such. These people are out here to get their set bonuses, and then get the freak out.

    Now, the easiest way to obtain commendations/renown is to join the side that has the biggest zerg/buff advantage...
    Ultimately everything in the Moors defaults to creepside...so...guess where most people go when they need to farm commendations/renown?

    To fix that problem, remove commendation sharing. If you want to creep, then go creep and have your wallet reflect your desire to play as a minion of Sauron. If you want to freep, then freep, and have your wallet reflect your efforts and ultimately the worthlessness of the PvP system in regards to freeps.

    You can fix the imbalance issue with a soft patch of the wallets, making commendations no longer an account-shared item.

    #4. Audacity

    Words can't describe how much I hate this mechanic, what it brought to Lotro (nothing) and what it did to SWTOR.
    Not going into detail on this one, as Turbine should already know how terrible of an idea this was.

    You gave keeps buffs, an idea which I love, but think is heavily stacked towards creepside; something that must be fixed
    For starters all the following are opinions or things I've seen in response to what you posted.

    1- I'm leaning to agreeing with normal kills counting for deeds, however there are always the older players who hate that this game keeps getting easier and easier, their titles like hand of doom etc would mean nothing after actually achieving them.

    2- Okay this is just saying since you stated you never played creep, imagen you come out to the moors for the first time and have your LVL20-30 skills only available to you.
    And their telling you that you need to kill players while in many cases the skills you need to unlock by getting kills are needed to get those kills in the first place.

    I think it's way too late for this, and though i hate how turbine fetches money out of this, i would have loved to see freeps have exactly the same limitacion to their own skills as creeps do, maybe they would understand the frustration

    3- So your telling me, that if anyone in PVMP is a fulltime creep for PVMP, but does go on PVE raiding has get new jewellery, LI's etc etc to get comms for the armor he wants while he actually does do PVMP full time on the other side?
    This might bring along a lot of frustration, as long as players actually "PVMP" for their gear i'm allright with whatever side they do it on.

    4- Acording to turbine it was to "slow down combat" this is a fact, and it would be way more visable if there wasn't as much lag, i'm not agreeing/disagreeing with this mechanic, but i can tell the diffrence in how fast i go from full morale to dead when being focused from R1-R13 audacity.

    5- How are keep buffs stacked towards creepside if we get the same buff %?

    Ex

  5. #5

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Hey Turbine, just wanted to drop a line and see if we could get the ball rolling on some mechanics that are so incredibly bad, they hurt. Now, with that being said, allow me to first state that I believe you are finally moving PvMP in the right direction.

    So! What on earth could we possibly cover?

    #1. KB = Win. I want to cover multiple bases on this problem. First, the fact that the 'killing blow' indicates when a deed advances for Freep play is arguably the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a deed update. How do you expect healers to ever achieve such a thing? If you tap the creep, you get a deed update. Fix it.

    The DoF buffs are either broken or WAI (probably what Turbine is gonna say...) meaning that a fraid can tag said DoF boss, take it down 99.9% of its health, and a creep can swing once, KB it and achieve the buff for all of creepside.

    You freakin' kidding me, Turbine? Who thought this up? I've been playing MMO's 17 years now... and of all the ultimate fails I've encountered over 15 odd games, I gotta admit this one is the #1 of all time.

    Fix this by either removing the KB fail entirely, or allowing whichever side deals the most damage to take the mob. If both sides deal exactly 50% of the mobs health, then allow a KB to determine the victor.

    As an aside, I don't creep, so bear with me, but if creeps have slayer deeds (I believe they do) then see the initial freep petition for an update upon tagging rather than a KB, and thanks.

    #2. The Relic Changes.

    I'll admit I was gone for a bit and haven't been to PvP land in awhile, but when we managed to sneak the relic out of DG and into Ost, I was proud of myself. Imagine my shock when creepside zerged Ost and immediately took it right back...

    Seriously? Can we get our hour no-touchie timer back? At least reward someone for taking the effort to steal one of these things when outnumbered 2:1.

    Or not, this is a minor annoyance compared to the DoF KB fail you've created. So if you're going to fix something, start with that.

    #3. The Lotro Store

    I understand you have to make money, Turbine, and I think you folks are arguably the most brilliant MMO company ever to grace the industry. I also think you're killing the MMO genre with your exploitation of the FTP system, but that's a whole different argument/forum post that I'll never throw out there.

    The fact that creeps can 'buy' their traits, abilities, and corruptions ultimately breaks the moors for people. How so, you ask?
    When a Rank 1 Creep is throwing down abilities out of his rank, it breaks the game. That limitation was put in play to reward people who acheive higher ranks, not stuff your pockets with money.

    I get it, you're not gonna remove that ability, nor do I want you to; but I believe you should give the freeps an advantage to help mitigate the fact that most creeps buy their &&&&, which ultimately imbalances big fights.

    Here's my idea:

    Freeps have no bonuses for PvP, in fact, most of us get nerfed or have had abilities nerfed/removed due to PvP, something you swore you'd never do. Well we all know where that oath went...

    Give us a reason to be out there. Being rank 1 or rank 15 means nothing in the long run, it's just a symbol next to your name to indicate how much time you've thrown at what I believe is the worst PvP system ever introduced to a MMO.

    Give us PvP exclusive abilities befitting our rank, or a form of corruptions to drastically modify our characters, much like creepside is able to do. Split the map, making TR normally a freep keep, and keep Lug creepside. In other words, have LC/TR flip to freepside over time, and Isen/Lug flip as they already do.

    Whoever owns TA should keep TA. TA should also weigh more than the other keeps, as it can be harder to maintain.

    Ultimately the major issue I see is this:

    You have zealots of freepside/creepside, much like DAOC has its zealots; people who are dug into their way of fighting and pvp, not bothering to teach others, and not bothering to budge in their thinking, as is their own perogative.

    You have noobies trying to get into the PvP of Lotro, much like DAOC has people who try it. The zealots/elitists push them out. With audacity introduced (the worst mechanic ever invented, and a blatant steal from SWTOR) you have efficiently crushed a 0 audacity player's initial desire to PvP unless they raid.

    You have people who come out there because the set bonuses on PvP armor are better than the set bonuses of PvE armors, and can be used as such. These people are out here to get their set bonuses, and then get the freak out.

    Now, the easiest way to obtain commendations/renown is to join the side that has the biggest zerg/buff advantage...
    Ultimately everything in the Moors defaults to creepside...so...guess where most people go when they need to farm commendations/renown?

    To fix that problem, remove commendation sharing. If you want to creep, then go creep and have your wallet reflect your desire to play as a minion of Sauron. If you want to freep, then freep, and have your wallet reflect your efforts and ultimately the worthlessness of the PvP system in regards to freeps.

    You can fix the imbalance issue with a soft patch of the wallets, making commendations no longer an account-shared item.

    #4. Audacity

    Words can't describe how much I hate this mechanic, what it brought to Lotro (nothing) and what it did to SWTOR.
    Not going into detail on this one, as Turbine should already know how terrible of an idea this was.

    #5. Pots

    Assuming you refuse to remove Audacity from the game, at least give freepside a small bolster. I am still trying to wrap my head around how drinking a poison draught does NOT cure ALL poisons from my persona. This absurb mechanics has plagued Lotro since SoA and desperately needs to be fixed on both PvE and PvP sides.

    That mechanic worked when only one effect could be active at a time; with stackable dots, poisons, diseases, etc... from BOTH sides, this needs to be addressed.

    The Good.

    Here's what you've done right:

    You added buffs making DoF mobs worthy of controlling/killing, something I was very happy to see. You also failed horrendously in the creation of the mechanics revolving the buff.

    You added a quick route through DoF to OPS, which I love; very very cool.

    OPS give Mastery buffs. Very nice, and very silly when considering audacity as a whole and what it brings to the table; but still a decent idea.

    You gave keeps buffs, an idea which I love, but think is heavily stacked towards creepside; something that must be fixed.

    Relics have meaning once more. Another cool change, but the fact that both belong to creepside is something that needs to be fixed. Split them, one and one, or two and two, and the freeps get the same bonuses as the creeps. Controlling all of the relics can give a significant enough buff to provoke relic-wars, so to speak.

    If you decide to go down such a route, then DG/Ost need to get about a 300% in difficulty.


    Now for all the haters, flamers, and people who disagree. That's your right, and I don't expect everyone to share my same train of thought. What is listed above are problems I believe Turbine has at the moment, and that can be fixed with a little bit of time/effort.

    I don't want this fixed overnight, as that means they are not investing the time/effort necessary to fix those.

    In closing, and to answer the question: Why do you PvP if you hate it so much?

    I like leading the community, and ultimately I love Lotro, as I've put 6 months of play time into my only character on Lotro. I believe Lotro is the best MMO on the market, and that it has set the standard for many years to come.

    With that being said, I am a firm believer that Lotro PvP is the worst PvP I've ever seen in an MMO, and I have stated that since the beta of this game. Can't really fix it, and with no PvE content, PvP is all we really have...

    So, here are my requested changes.
    This is a stupid thread


    1) kb's are fine if healers want kb's they can solo or find small groups that they don't need to heal in

    2) the relic is fine

    3) the lotro store is fine

    4) audacity is fine

    5) pots are fine, seriously this part right here let me know you either need to group with ppl that know what theyr doing or you need to play smarter

    Pvp has issues but you didn't describe a single one

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    1. KB = Win. I want to cover multiple bases on this problem. First, the fact that the 'killing blow' indicates when a deed advances for Freep play is arguably the stupidest thing I've ever seen for a deed update. How do you expect healers to ever achieve such a thing? If you tap the creep, you get a deed update. Fix it.
    This idea is not without merit, however the kb kinda matters, tagging is not the same. It could still work if you reduced the kbs required for non-dps classes so a defiler could complete the deed with a fraction of the kb's required by a hunter for example.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    The DoF buffs are either broken or WAI (probably what Turbine is gonna say...) meaning that a fraid can tag said DoF boss, take it down 99.9% of its health, and a creep can swing once, KB it and achieve the buff for all of creepside.
    As can a freep do to a creep, yeah it makes little sense, but its not gamebreaking in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    As an aside, I don't creep, so bear with me,
    I am, trying to as some of what you say is clearly wieghted unreasonably as a result.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    #2. The Relic Changes.

    I'll admit I was gone for a bit and haven't been to PvP land in awhile, but when we managed to sneak the relic out of DG and into Ost, I was proud of myself. Imagine my shock when creepside zerged Ost and immediately took it right back...

    Seriously? Can we get our hour no-touchie timer back? At least reward someone for taking the effort to steal one of these things when outnumbered 2:1.

    Or not, this is a minor annoyance compared to the DoF KB fail you've created. So if you're going to fix something, start with that.
    This is a reasonable point. Although ofc this happens to creeps too.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    #3. The Lotro Store

    I understand you have to make money, Turbine, and I think you folks are arguably the most brilliant MMO company ever to grace the industry. I also think you're killing the MMO genre with your exploitation of the FTP system, but that's a whole different argument/forum post that I'll never throw out there.

    The fact that creeps can 'buy' their traits, abilities, and corruptions ultimately breaks the moors for people. How so, you ask?
    When a Rank 1 Creep is throwing down abilities out of his rank, it breaks the game. That limitation was put in play to reward people who acheive higher ranks, not stuff your pockets with money.

    I get it, you're not gonna remove that ability, nor do I want you to; but I believe you should give the freeps an advantage to help mitigate the fact that most creeps buy their &&&&, which ultimately imbalances big fights.
    People love or hate the store and it makes money for turbine. As it happens I hate what store consumable buffs, pots and brands have done, but that said. Sure it would be nice if creeps had to get their new skills by rank and could not shortcut via the store; but your lack of insight into creepside betrays one small problem.

    Creep toons have so little depth without store bought skills they are between unplayable and underpowered. If there was a larger basic skillset in the first place this would make sense, but turbine got lazy and decided to just put it all up for sale rather than rely on toon development.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Freeps have no bonuses for PvP, in fact, most of us get nerfed or have had abilities nerfed/removed due to PvP, something you swore you'd never do. Well we all know where that oath went...

    Give us a reason to be out there. Being rank 1 or rank 15 means nothing in the long run, it's just a symbol next to your name to indicate how much time you've thrown at what I believe is the worst PvP system ever introduced to a MMO.

    Give us PvP exclusive abilities befitting our rank, or a form of corruptions to drastically modify our characters, much like creepside is able to do.
    It would be nice for freeps to have some pvp specific development. But the real reward for pvp is actually fighting there and the journey is the reward not some raid drop when you beat the machine. Creeps have no gear and less traits than freeps so are less customisable, but you want more modification like creeps:P

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Split the map, making TR normally a freep keep, and keep Lug creepside. In other words, have LC/TR flip to freepside over time, and Isen/Lug flip as they already do.
    I really like this idea, although again i note you want a freep heavy flip and when it comes to the creep heavy flip want it to remain as now:P

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Now, the easiest way to obtain commendations/renown is to join the side that has the biggest zerg/buff advantage...
    Ultimately everything in the Moors defaults to creepside...so...guess where most people go when they need to farm commendations/renown?

    To fix that problem, remove commendation sharing. If you want to creep, then go creep and have your wallet reflect your desire to play as a minion of Sauron. If you want to freep, then freep, and have your wallet reflect your efforts and ultimately the worthlessness of the PvP system in regards to freeps.

    You can fix the imbalance issue with a soft patch of the wallets, making commendations no longer an account-shared item.
    This is a great idea.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    #4. Audacity

    Words can't describe how much I hate this mechanic, what it brought to Lotro (nothing) and what it did to SWTOR.
    Not going into detail on this one, as Turbine should already know how terrible of an idea this was.
    [/QUOTE]

    An angry burg. The idea was to firstly slow down fights which it has. Also to reduce the amount of time people spend standing around helpless while being cc'd which it has. What is broken is that healing was not scaled (as many of us were shouting about before they went live with it so what is broken is the moors is now about who has the most healing. But you don't mention that. If you take audacity out without offsetting cc issues through another mechanic its back to cc classes being able to kill at will and run around godmode.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    5. Pots
    Assuming you refuse to remove Audacity from the game, at least give freepside a small bolster. I am still trying to wrap my head around how drinking a poison draught does NOT cure ALL poisons from my persona. This absurb mechanics has plagued Lotro since SoA and desperately needs to be fixed on both PvE and PvP sides.

    That mechanic worked when only one effect could be active at a time; with stackable dots, poisons, diseases, etc... from BOTH sides, this needs to be addressed.
    Why oh why mess up pots, they work adequately. If you are going to remove all dots with a pot, then ofc creep dps will plummet. I suppose at least you could remove all lm effects with one pot, or would this not work bothways. Perhaps its even more amusing that say warden dots, the most silly dots in teh game at the moment are not even pottable:P Actually lets just drop this one its funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    You added a quick route through DoF to OPS, which I love; very very cool.
    Yup.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    OPS give Mastery buffs. Very nice, and very silly when considering audacity as a whole and what it brings to the table; but still a decent idea.
    Its totally over the top. The dominant side is generally able to be more dominant.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    You gave keeps buffs, an idea which I love, but think is heavily stacked towards creepside; something that must be fixed.
    o.- Ok Keep buffs are heavily stacked to creepside how.... lets clutch at straws and assume thats because you play on a server where creeps always outnumber freeps, because not all of us do you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCorbinator View Post
    Now for all the haters, flamers, and people who disagree. That's your right, and I don't expect everyone to share my same train of thought. What is listed above are problems I believe Turbine has at the moment, and that can be fixed with a little bit of time/effort.
    What you did not mention is the things that actually affect pvp the most: 1. Lag 2. Healing under audacity

  7. #7
    Roll a creep...then come back and lets discuss.

  8. #8
    Here's my list of the most necessery changes:

    - fix lag
    - ...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    The only part I overtly disagree with you on is Audacity.

    Your bias clearly betrays you on this point. As a Burglar you both have access to a multitude of CC, as well as an innate ability to recover from it that further reduces your chances of getting hit with it in the first place(psychologically I mean. Creeps are much less likely to even bother trying to CC a Burg than other classes). You've never had to experience the joys of getting greybarred so much by Burgs and LMs that you're dead before you even get the chance to land a single blow.

    Audacity is a godsend for this reason(along with making fights last longer). Yes, the way it is acquired is flawed, but the statistical effects it has are very much needed.
    That is how the class functions. You may feel CC is overpowered I may feel a 20k reaver hitting me for 6k then 4k in under a few seconds OP. But to my point. I play an LM. If you restrict my CC to the point it is now by audacity and brands you end up distoring the playstyle of the class so the other methods of play, debuffing and straight DPS, lose there potency. With a CC class all the parts need to work together. I debuff you, I DPS you, I CC you to gain position or time to cast or interrupt, then I kill you. If you are smart you can stop this , but you should not have the ability to ignore it because it doesn't effect you. Again,like the OP said, this is my opinion.

    Also its time to adjust Creep health. Used to be high because we did so much damage and they did less. Might be time for a second look.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by andylarsen View Post
    Roll a creep...then come back and lets discuss.
    You can't honestly think that that will change his view in RoR?

    I mean, really?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by tolkien121 View Post
    That is how the class functions. You may feel CC is overpowered I may feel a 20k reaver hitting me for 6k then 4k in under a few seconds OP. But to my point. I play an LM. If you restrict my CC to the point it is now by audacity and brands you end up distoring the playstyle of the class so the other methods of play, debuffing and straight DPS, lose there potency. With a CC class all the parts need to work together. I debuff you, I DPS you, I CC you to gain position or time to cast or interrupt, then I kill you. If you are smart you can stop this , but you should not have the ability to ignore it because it doesn't effect you. Again,like the OP said, this is my opinion.

    Also its time to adjust Creep health. Used to be high because we did so much damage and they did less. Might be time for a second look.
    I agree you shouldn't be able to ignore it, but neither should you spend more than half a fight NOT DOING ANYTHING. Why? Because it isn't fun to contend with. This is my same gripe against absurd burst damage.

    There's a balance to be met, and IMO the current setup is as close as it's ever been.
    Last edited by Nyrion; Jan 26 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

    Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload