We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hotbar question

Hotbar question

I have two gaming "systems" ... a desktop pc with logitch g15 keyboard and g13 gamepad and a laptop with just a logitech g600 mmo mouse.

I use the laptop when I want ot be in the living room half watching tv and soloing/crafting etc and the desktop pc when grouping and eventually raiding/skirmishing. As that the desktop pc (g13 game pad more specifically) has a zillion more buttons available for pressing and such, and in a different array of buttons 7-7-5-3 versus a 4x3 grid, I would love to be able to save two different hotbar settings.

Is this possible?

You have three different ways to save stuff. Different stuff goes in each one.

1) Each machine has a single keyboard map file. This file is used by everybody that plays on this machine. You could map quick slot 1 to the key 1 for pc number 1. You could map quick slot 1 to the F11 key for pc number 2. You have a lot of flexibility if you have multiple PCs each with different input devices.

2) You can save the position of UI elements in a local file on your current PC via the /ui layout command. This functionality works great when you have a different visual element - monitor for each PC. It also works great if you play in both full screen and windowed mode. You can have a layout for each resolution. The UI layout command does not change keyboard mappings (1) or character specific settings like the contents of a quick slot.

3) Each character has a profile that is saved on the server. This profile has all the information that contained in the ui layout. Plus stuff like which skills or items are in each quick slot.

Hopefully this response helped. You need more information just ask more detailed questions.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quickslot Paging

There is an additional method which might be helpful. There is a feature of the user interface called Quickslot paging. All characters have 2 pages (a third is added when you get your war steed in Rohan). Each page has Quickslot bars 0-3 (4 and 5 are not paged). You could set up one page for 1 computer and the other for the 2nd computer. There is a page up and page down function which can have a key mapped to it in the quckslot section of the options panel. I use CtlPgUp and CtlPgDn but you can use any key you like. I don't use the paging feature for the same reason you do, but it comes in very handy for my needs.
    Last edited by Slvrfox; Jan 27 2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrfox View Post
    There is an additional method which might be helpful. There is a feature of the user interface called Quickslot paging. All characters have 2 pages (a third is added when you get your war steed in Rohan). Each page has Quickslot bars 0-3 (4 and 5 are not paged). You could set up one page for 1 computer and the other for the 2nd computer. There is a page up and page down function which can have a key mapped to it in the quckslot section of the options panel. I use CtlPgUp and CtlPgDn but you can use any key you like. I don't use the paging feature for the same reason you do, but it comes in very handy for my needs.
    That worked perfect, thank you so much! +rep to you =)

Quickslot paging

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedian66 View Post
    That worked perfect, thank you so much! +rep to you =)
    Glad you found it helpful and thanks for the rep.