I dont really use my houses other then for storage, but im hopeful the revamp in housing is a good one. people have been asking for it for a long time, they are due.
I dont really use my houses other then for storage, but im hopeful the revamp in housing is a good one. people have been asking for it for a long time, they are due.
I agree with a lot of what's been written here especially being able to purchase more chests that allow bound items, a stable that will take you out of housing, an extra room or two in the houses, and, of course, for something to be done about the hook system.
Also, if we can't have crafting or an Auction Hall in the housing districts maybe there should be housing district related activities that can only be done if you own a house there. I'm not sure what they would be precisely (maybe races of some kind?) but something with awards that might get more people visiting their houses.
"Star Wars Galaxies"!
By FAR the absolute BEST housing I have EVER seen in an MMO. Place your own house wherever is available (I don't foresee that at all), free placement of items inside and out and you can place storage containers AS FURNITURE!
TBH I'd like an epic City Management system like SWG, but that's too left field. Why would they put true effort into something when people are already paying for mediocrity?
More storage and superior crafting stations in house.
hmm, this is a tough choice.
well for starters,
1) i would love to have a housing decoration ability that was available in SWG. but will settle for more hooks inside and out.
2) an in house storage container that would be able to hold all my and only my house and yard decorations.
3) I would love to see an option for KINS to purchase crafting stations. yes, i would pay huge gold for kins to have this option. and it might look more appealing for solo players to join kins and be more active.
4) more storage chests, if i was willing to spend a lot of TP to increase each of my 15 toons vault chest. I definetly would be willing to spend tp to be able to add more housing or kin chests.
5) wardrobe/ cosmetic set up for wall paints and floor tiles and themes. that way we can drop them into the wardrobe and just swap out the designs as the seasons or festivals change. then just pitch the actual paint or floor tile like many do with toon cosmetics.
6) this 1 is reaching but would love it. my personal Turbine store purchased. Auction NPC, not connected with town ah's.. this housing ah npc would have the abilitity to post each item for more than 48 hours and post more than 30 items per toon.
example : grand master tailor decides they use up all their hides from lvl 10 to lvl 85. oh say 5000 hides total. the tailor makes the items, pays the posting fee and sets it for the max sell time and manages to post more than 30 at a time. (player ran merchant vendors in SWG were awsume and made the game more fun. I spent countess hours checking every players house or structure i came across just so i could look at the players goods for sale.
7) kin house: ,members to be able to donate to a kin bank vault. so the kin leader or officers can purchase high end items to run contests or use the donate money to purchase raiding materials to keep in stock for the kin raids.
8) a stable route ability both to the housings and back to towns.
just my personal wish list. but ill be happy for any improvement made.
Last edited by Gagmuk; Jan 29 2013 at 06:48 AM.
I am hoping they have reviewed both SW and DoC. I do hope they do not allow free placement of your house, that was the one error SW did in my mind, doing quests and find a house in the middle of the quest area.
I definitely want a room I can make into a trophy room.
And Daily Quests in neighborhood!
I would like to see Auto-Kick from inactivity of a year.
I also would like to see workbenches and forges in kin houses.
It would be good to be able to mount retired legendary weapons as decorations once they are no longer used instead of deconstructing them. Not sure if it is possible but would add an element of personalisation and would be something you might likely do. Bilbo's sword Sting hung in the Mathom House like this for many years before he finally left the Shire for good.
Probably not do-able, but I'd love a stable or corral for all my horses and goats.
I know that there are vault keepers in each neighborhood, but moving Shared Storage and possibly Wardrobe to your house would give people more incentive to visit more often.
I love the location of my house, but seeing as it's in a nice corner of the neighborhood it's a longer ride from my house to the vault than the vaults are from the hub milestones.
My Top 10.
1) For me I'd say first making it easier and more worth while to visit other's houses.
Better travel options to the neighbourhoods like Stable masters inside the neighbourhoods that take us to the nearest hub.
2) Slightly offtopic but connected since I have a elf house but adding STs to hubs to Duillond.
3)More neighbourhoods - Rohan for men, Rivendell or Caras Galadhon for Elves, 21st Hall for Dwarves and the Stoor village for Hobbits for instance.
4)Clean up, evict those deadbeats and allow us to pay further in advance.
6)Improve the hook/placement system like letting us hang banners separately inside possibly adding a new hook type.
7)Customisable houses for instance being able to change the windows of your house, or expanding the house by building another floor.
Adding a kitchen and doors to rooms.
8)Vault access I hate having to ride from the house where I keep my dyes to the vault keeper to apply it to the wardrobe.
Alternatively a simple Wardrobe function.
9)Displaying gear on Mannequins or inside a wardrobe.
10)Pets there's a little bit of this coming with the new Hound property guard but it would be awesome to have a dog or a cat to come home to.
Even a fishtank with fish we catch to expand on the fishing hobby.
(I've been playing Dark Chronicle lately and they did fishing really well in that game, you can enter them into competitions, raise them and race them, nothing better than raising a champion fish and breeding him).
1) Firstly and most importantly .... I would like to see the whole concept of rent abandoned. Calls for people to be evicted are simply vindictive and nasty and way too 'thinking inside the box'! It is NOT FUN! Why bring the real world into a game!? There would be no reason for it if you do the second part!
2) Secondly, and much more ambitiously, I would like to see all location based housing zones merged into one. All Blue Mountains zones become one, all Bree zones become one, all Shire Zones become one ... and so on. This will bring the population back into housing zones ... because part of the problem is that there is no LIFE in housing zones. Each one is a separate ghetto.
* Each HOUSE itself becomes an instance instead, so that multiple people may own the same house, but the internal view is different. That's the relatively easy part.
* This does leave the complication of yards. I propose that a method similar to WoW's phasing method be used so that you can view your own yard, but don't see the yards that don't belong to you. If people are on your friends list or in your guild, you see their yards as well. If people occupy the same space, then there should be a priority of You -> Friends -> Guild.
That's a start anyway. I think that if people take the easy route, housing will not get fixed. The fundamental, underlying problems with an essentially flawed system will not be fixed. It needs to be RE-THOUGHT OUT!
First and most importantly, replace the hook system with a system that permits the freest placement of items possible. Given that everything players place in their homes is, by definition, created by Turbine, this leaves the configuration of housing items as the primary means for people to express their homely taste in-game.
Second, clear the abandoned homes, but do not "evict" people. There are justified concerns that players who spend long periods on LotRO followed by long periods off LotRO (e.g. soldiers on deployment) should not be kicked out of their homes. These players are a minority of abandoned homes, but I don't think they ought to be kicked out of their homes along with the 95% of 'never to returns'.
A good way forward would be to transport all abandoned houses to escrow. The layout of such houses would be 'saved' in limbo. If their owners do return, then they can pay a small amount of silver to have their house restored to its original layout, albeit in a different neighbourhood. However, for this to work there would need to be an empty plot of land at the same address in a different neighbourhood. Which leads to my third point...
Do away with cookie-cutter house layouts; let players buy the land and then place the rooms of their house in a modular style. This eliminates the need to wait for new neighbourhoods to open so that you can buy the right sized house, and it would allow the above mentioned 'late returners' to move their house into a different neighbourhood without necessarily it being the same address.
I'm very optimistic about Turbine's expressed interest in reforming housing. I hope that the community can have plenty of constructive dialogue with the devs about what can and should be done to improve housing.
I personally really enjoy the idea of the housing system. The one thing that I care about the most (and some would argue that its trivial) is weapon and armor display options.
Since 2007 I have collected and amassed a large quantity of special weapons and armor sets that currently sit in my vault. If I could somehow display these weapons and armor in my house that would really make my hoarding worthwhile. I know that there are a large number of people in game that do the same thing and after 5 years it leads to a cluttered vault. Honestly though I can't part with some of the items.
For example, at level 50 I acquired the coveted "Captain's Arm" weapon and still think its fantastic. Turbine, is there any way that I could in the future display this weapon and many others on a weapons rack or on a display plaque inside my house? Also, I don't think that this addition would be too difficult. It would really speak volumes to how much Turbine developers care about the little things if they created weapon, armor, and item display options inside the housing system.
Thanks Turbine for re-engaging the housing system...I personally enjoy it. What are your thoughts?
I would like to see more/changeable decoration locations. Possibly make new slots purchasable and/or moveable. Nothing worse than having a large yard, and 3 kick &&&& large yard items to place!
More craftable decorations as well would be awesome
okay i have just recently purchased a house and here are some of the things that i would like to see changed in the housing system
most importantly please put a stable master in all homesteads... please make sure that the stable master has fast transport to all major cities for me this is vitally important.
please make objects in houses actually do something i have a table that has food on it it would be nice to take a plate of food and actually eat something, fall asleep in a bed or lounge around on a sofa, admire my novel stuffed bear. i personally think adding this would greatly help the role-playing community.
make homesteads interactive and alive including adding some quests to liven the place up a little give people an insentive to visit the homesteads. for example fishing quests and competitions. homestead reputation earned from completing quests with an associated acount wide barter currency for bartering housing items.
more freedom to expand and decorate a housing including freely putting items where you want them
while i can understand why turbine does not want towns to become dead i do not understand why houses do not have cooking facilities ?
I would like to see buffs reward players that spend time in the homesteads with a hope buff variable upon how long you have spent in the homestead.
increase storage space available in housing with a very large increase in space in kin housing with variable permission system for example officers of a kin have more access then a newly recruited kinsmen.
1) More storage, expandable storage, Kin vault system at house.
2) Ability to have a warehouse at home to instantly dump all your non bound account items into so they can be sorted quickly and pulled as needed. This could be a vault like building at house. Max storage tied directly to your bank vault.
3) If system is left in present form, eviction after two year absence, ability to pre-pay rent for 1+ years, ability for anyone to pay upkeep without permission to maintain access to housing if you share chest use with others.
4) Move housing instances to inside big towns or on edge so it feels like you are part of town. Make an alternative countryside one if rural setting is desired. I always wondered what it would be like to live in Bree.
5) Allow choice of many different house sizes to be purchased with number of housing chests tied to each.
6) Ability to allow upgrades in exterior appearance. player and kin houses (top tier of kin house could look like castle?)
7) Exterior house appearance tied to length of time in game or length owned house.
8) Ability to convert an existing house to a smaller or larger one with in game gold payment.
9) A closet to store and try on cosmetics.
10) Ability to map to house if someone grants you specfic access to such.
11) All houses in one instance, I want to see people . may require houses to be individually instanced?
12) A donation pile where unwanted items could be left in bin in yard and so others could get
13) Housing cosmetic slots so entire house decorating schemes could be switched back and forth instantly ( like character cosmetic slot)
14) A system that would allow friends to locate near each other at will (for in game gold to purchase house). It is a shame to have to wait for new neighborhood
15) Seasonal changes in landscape (snow,etc.)
16) A place to store bound housing decos without costing chest space.
17) Activites to do that would draw kins or people to housing area.
18) A buff from visiting kin and using house ( not just mapping in and out).
19) Kin house changes, make there a benefit and reason to visit them
20) High end housing area where you could buy a mead hall or such.
21) More NPCs in housing area. Children, wildlife, pets and such.
To me, the top items on my wish-list would be:
1) A fix to the dead neighborhoods and the lack of availability of housing. Whether that's some sort of foreclosure process or a complete redesign of the way neighborhoods are structured (i.e. different instancing, etc) I don't know and smarter technical minds than me can address that. But it would be great to actually see others around.
2) A stable located right outside the neighborhood with fast-travel to at least the nearest major hub, but ideally to several major hubs (my ideal list would be Bree, Michel Delving, Thorin's Gate, Celondim, Rivendell, 21st Hall, and maybe Galtrev, Stangard, and Snowbourne, following on from the new Bree fast-travel options)
3) New areas in which to live. I'd personally love the option to purchase a flet in Lothlorien. Other options could include: hobbit-holes in that part of Enedwaith where the hobbits are, a cottage in Rohan, or maybe even a dwarf-home in Moria or the Misty Mountains for the dwarvishly-inclined.
New features that would really be nice:
4) I'd really quite like to have the ability to own more than one house per account. Certainly it would seem reasonable to me that you could own no more than 1 house per character. I have the gold, and can pay the upkeep, it would be great to have that option.
5) More storage options. Please. I'm a packrat. Middle Earth Hoarder.
Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~
I use my House as a place to get discounts on repairing my armour and buying Travel Rations. I bought it in MD because my main Toon is a Cook/Farmer and the Superior Oven and Fields are nearby. Just to give people an idea what I use it for.
1) Really need to do something about the lack of Housing.
A1) Could you have an Automatic Relocation System, where after not accessing/paying Maintence (for a pre-determined amount of time)your House is moved into a neighborhood that is inacessable, you would have to pay a Maintence fee for it to move back into a playable Neighborhood, your choice as long as there is an open spot.
B1) Could you have an Automatic Neighborhood Creation System where as housing becomes scarce, new ones are created, even if the naming is generic, South Farthing-1, etc. That way it would be maintence free on Turbines part.
C1) Housing be tied to Toons rather than Account, but this mraans solving lack of Housing as it is.
2) I like the Stable Idea, it could even be a Common grazing field/Stable every house would be allowed one horse as an NPC wandering around the field. This may mean making the map a little bigger. Not sure how this would generate traffic though, maybe someone could expand on this.
3) Quests inside the Neighboorhoods.
A3) Moving the races into them, non-owners do have access now so that shouldn't hurt.
B3) Festival type Quests maybe.
4) I understand not wanting each house to have its own crafting area. But maybe special recipe storage, I know my Storage is taken up with holding recipes I am not ready for or extra Single use recipes.
5) A Special Crafting/Looting Buff (rather than a Buff that effects game play)you recieve for entering to your home.
6) Better Fishing for Home Owners, more XP and better quality Fish, that could be used to barter for hard to find craft loot.
7) Remove the Maintence Fee or Lower it (at least on bigger houses), if the intent was to encourage people to play regular, its not working, seeing as there is so many missing owners, why punish those of us that play regular and use our houses.
8) Of coarse I would like changing the hook system and bigger yards, but I remeber reading on the Forums once that The Hook System couldn't be changed for some reason.
9) How about windows you could see through, both ways.
10) Add cellars to the houses or attics to make them bigger.
11) lighing and fireplaces that would brighten the rooms, slightly darker if you dont bother to light them, brighter in Daylight if the windows work.
Mosin and Basilrod
Firstly, I'll just say that I always liked housing in LotRO, and I thought they did a lot of things right. The artwork, the music, the initial locations for each race all were brilliant in the beginning. I didn't even hate the hook concept or the item limitations, as I assumed they always sprang from design limitations.
All that being said, here would be my wishlist:
1. New neighborhoods. Not in the starter zones. We have races from places like Rohan, the Blue Mountains, Stoors and Lothlorien. It'd be sweet to be able to buy real estate in the places from which we came. Even if it weren't neighborhoods, per se, but instanced buildings in any of the existing cities. I could live with no yard if it meant I could have a house in Rhovanion.
2. Additional houses per account. Maybe open an additional house for each level cap, or each year as a VIP, or heck, even make it something you can buy with TP. I know I can do it with a F2P account, but as a VIP, that feels like wasted effort.
3. Clean up the neighborhoods somehow. Lots of houses in my neighborhood that are unavailable due to inactivity. There's been plenty of decent suggestions on how to handle them without being ruthless to people who haven't logged in in a while.
4. Additional music boxes. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to buy a music box for every zone I've ever been in. The ambient music in my house really brings the place together, and while I really like Bombadil's theme, it'd be nice to be able to listen to some Rohan or Mirkwood tracks while sitting around.
5. Free placement of items and an increase to the item count.
If I had to be pinned down to two items, it would be 1 and 2.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload