We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 90

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    What housing changes would you like to see this year?

    Now that we know Turbine is going to finally make some changes to housing, Im curious as to what sorts of changes you would like to see. And lets be honest.. they probably arent going to go to a full revamp to something like EQ2. So what changes do you think they might come up with?

    Im hoping for the following, in order of probability:

    1. Redesign of the housing structure itself. I have a small hobbit house, and it is frustrating. The fireplace is awkwardly placed in one corner, with no way for me to place a couch or chairs in front of it. If I want a bed, I have to place it in the center of the room, which is just silly. Bottom line: if you dont touch the hookpoint system, at least redo the layout so its more sensible and cozy. There are so many FANTASTIC npc homes out in the world that you can enter, and they are all so much better than the player housing.

    2. Redesign of the decorations. Again, if you arent going to touch the hookpoints, at least redo the decorations so there is more flexibility. Smaller decorations, they take up less space, hey even let me have more decorations/furniture in the house.

    3. Redo the hookpoint system. Unlikely given the time and resources it would take. But perhaps let us be more flexible with the hookpoints, like letting us move them about and add new ones? But I think we would all be really thrilled if you trashed the hookpoint system entirely and moved to a freeform system.

    4. I know this would never happen, but I wish youd just trash the housing instance idea and just let us buy npc housing in the game world itself, ala EQ2. I know that means we would lose our outside yards, but Id love to be able to ride up to hobbiton and click on one of the dwellings there to enter my house! To me, the housing zones are lonely and depressing, I never, ever see ANYONE around. Lets breathe some life back into the starting zones!

    So what do YOU guys think is possible this year, and what would you like to see?

  2. #2
    I'd love if housing were more interactive, ie we aren't constrained by furniture hooks/can create additional wings, but that's highly unlikely. At the very least, am praying for more rooms and hooks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    574
    Customizable exteriors/roofs on the houses would be great! I vote for getting rid of hookpoints altogether, and allow free placement of furniture. I was excited to see in the transcript that they're actually thinking about seasonal changes within the housing areas, I'd love that!

    One pet peeve - broken fireplace grates in the dwarf fireplaces - get rid of the broken ones, I don't like looking like I live in a ramshackle house!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,029
    More floor and wall hooks. Other than that, I don't particularly care.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    100
    Better question is: How much are you willing to pay for such changes??

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkinchunkin View Post
    Better question is: How much are you willing to pay for such changes??
    Aha! A very good point indeed. Ive been thinking its possible that Turbine might pay for a housing redesign by putting in on the store. And honestly, since its a purely cosmetic change, I dont have a huge problem with it. However, while Id pay for a complete redesign, what I WONT pay for is just some extra decorations, Id rather get that in the game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Punkinchunkin View Post
    Better question is: How much are you willing to pay for such changes??
    That's a really bass ackward statement, akin to saying : "How much are you willing to pay to continue to be your local store's customer."

    Sorry but thats just the *opposite* of how business works. They aren't doing us a favor or being charitable. People are already paying for the development and services of the game. The subscription fees are not there for them to be status quo and just sit around tinkering and nerfing, and they have earned enormous profits from the Turbine store.

    The even better question is : How much are they willing to invest to keep their customers here?
    The only thing worse than a company making bad decisions, is the apologists who cheer it on.

  8. #8
    Total removal of the hooks from indoor and outdoors areas.

    An extra chest in each house type as well would be nice.

    The volume of housing stuff is pretty obscene givent eh space to either show it off or store it.

    I put a thread over in the suggestions about those vendor trash banners that infest the warband boxes the possibility of allowing them to be hung on walls like tapestries or from the ceiling (which would work for 2/4 house types)

    I'd love to see a stable building you could apply to the player house, otherwise there's no point in collecting any horse other than one 62/68%, one goat and a warsteed. If warsteed cosmetics were actually account wide it could also function as a cosmetic wardrobe as well. We can dream I suppose.

    Crafting addons like a smithy or a greenhouse for growing those plants needed for making dyes would maybe make player housing more enticing to people.

    Finally housing cosmetics would be really useful if they became account bound rather than per character. Partly for storage and partly for ease of shifting them about while redecorating.

  9. #9
    I'd like to see the ability to evict a house that is locked for non payment, and has been locked for 1 year or more.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    unknown
    Posts
    1,475
    I) Weed out the dead neighborhoods

    II) Unlock new part of your home: Cellar, Attic etc.

    III) Crafting tables at your home or kinhouse
    (kinhouse furniture will have a scaleable bonus depending on how old the kinship is)

    IV) Vaultkeeper access while inside your home

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneydie View Post

    Crafting addons like a smithy or a greenhouse for growing those plants needed for making dyes would maybe make player housing more enticing to people.

    Finally housing cosmetics would be really useful if they became account bound rather than per character. Partly for storage and partly for ease of shifting them about while redecorating.
    Im pretty sure we will never see any crafting facilities in player housing. Turbine is against that because it draws people away from the towns and makes them feel even more empty. I certainly wouldnt mind stables, but I wonder if theres any coding issues since it is riding from the normal non-instanced world into a housing instance. I suppose it would have to be swift travel in that case, at the very least.

    I totally agree with the cosmetic stuff being account bound!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mostly Middle Earth
    Posts
    853
    I doubt that there will ever be Crafting Facilities at personal houses, but if they put Crafting Hubs in Neighbourhoods then there would be much more of an incentive to go back to your House so Houses wouldn't be left vacant so much. Seeing as there is already skirm trainers and vault in Neighbourhoods then this wouldn't be much of a change.
    More Storeage would also be usefull. All I've got in my housing chest is house decorations, so I rarely go back there.
    Also reduce the cooldown time for travel as even going back there for the vault is a bit pointless at the mo seeing as I have so many other ports with a quicker cooldown on them.

  13. #13
    More storage. I don't really care about decorations at all.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004cffc5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    64 GRD | 58 MIN | 45 WRD | 43 BURG | 41 RK | 24 CHAMP[/CENTER]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Landroval
    Posts
    1,166
    Travel is critical for getting more traffic/"life" connection between the homesteads and the game world. The Man and Elf homesteads are rather stupidly located, for example. A stablemaster right outside each would be fine--usable only by homeowners and with swift ports to any major city for which a toon already has access.

    More storage would be great. Better vendor discounts. A bard.

    I don't know if "free-form" decoration is in the works, but I certainly wouldn't mind a grid system, which could prevent some player-side technical issues like clipping and overlap and things like that while keeping the "size" restrictions of our current furniture. Who knows. I'm curious what they'll come up with.


    ____________________
    Crit crafting & the RNG | Dumb noob things we've done in LotRO...
    "Be not so eager to advance that you fail to experience the moment, in life and in all things." -Deluros, Rivendell
    legendary: adj.
    1. Gilded (having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth)
    2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    Scrap houses entirely and let people buy plots of empty space, and then let players design their own house with housing materials, such as stonework from prospector craft or woodworkers could make planks etc etc, just let people freeform build their own houses and freeform decorate on their plot and inside their house.


    Yes.

    Also, let players have easier ways to get into housing such as a two-way no cd housing skill, takes you to house and then takes you to where you left from. Also put crafting facilities and full kit of AH, vault, etc in housing areas as well as class trainers.
    To heck with empty towns, lets see the neighborhoods get some action.
    Last edited by Zaranock; Jan 26 2013 at 10:21 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7
    It's funny to see how good ideas have to be reinvented again and again.

    If I compare the hounsing in LOTRO with i.e. DAOC (from the stone-age of MMORPGs) the LOTRO-Version is (sorry) just lame.

    In DAOC there were:
    - Hookpoints for special Items (i.e. bindstone, chests) and NPCs
    - No hookpoins for decoration
    - You could place a visual copy of shields/armor/weapons for decoration free on the walls (the items itself stays in your inventory)
    - You could place up to 30 Items outside the house
    - You could place up to 100 items inside the house (depending on the size of it, 40 for lvl1 house, 100 for lvl4)
    - You had up to 100 slots per chest in your house
    - You could sell your house to an other player
    - You could up/downgrade your house

    and many many more...

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneydie View Post
    Total removal of the hooks from indoor and outdoors areas.

    An extra chest in each house type as well would be nice.

    The volume of housing stuff is pretty obscene givent eh space to either show it off or store it.

    I put a thread over in the suggestions about those vendor trash banners that infest the warband boxes the possibility of allowing them to be hung on walls like tapestries or from the ceiling (which would work for 2/4 house types)

    I'd love to see a stable building you could apply to the player house, otherwise there's no point in collecting any horse other than one 62/68%, one goat and a warsteed. If warsteed cosmetics were actually account wide it could also function as a cosmetic wardrobe as well. We can dream I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by .Jables. View Post
    fix dead housing by just moving them to a "dead neighborhood" noone has to lose their stuff, just move them away from the people that actually play

    also allow bound items to be put in housing chest
    Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    I'd like to see neighbourhoods made into somewhere people go and spend some time rather than just glorified storage as they are now.

    It would be amazing to go there and see some other people there for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malidan View Post
    All I want is something useful to justify paying rent after the initial price of the house. Not sure what exactly... thats for them to decide. There is no warrant to be paying anything after you buy the house if what you receive is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciene View Post
    Additionally to all these suggestions, I'd very much like a trophy room, or at least a wardrobe-like storage room where to keep all those BoA trophies. There are way too many trophies and the only place to keep them in is the personal vault (as house chests don't accept BoA items). Besides, it would make it all the more convenient to switch them around as they'll be all in one place.
    Also, I'd like a house per character. It's cruel to make a dwarf living in an elven house just because your first character is an elf; dwarves belong underground, not in a jolly green place bathed in sunshine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    Travel is critical for getting more traffic/"life" connection between the homesteads and the game world. The Man and Elf homesteads are rather stupidly located, for example. A stablemaster right outside each would be fine--usable only by homeowners and with swift ports to any major city for which a toon already has access.

    More storage would be great. Better vendor discounts. A bard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    Brilliant ideas! I love them all! I hope they will come true.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Topeka, Ks
    Posts
    541
    something like http://www.therepopulation.com/index...ews&Itemid=484

    But since it wont happen more rooms, chests and hook removal will be fine.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Landroval
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilwych View Post
    I don't know if "free-form" decoration is in the works, but I certainly wouldn't mind a grid system, which could prevent some player-side technical issues like clipping and overlap and things like that while keeping the "size" restrictions of our current furniture. Who knows. I'm curious what they'll come up with.
    Well, I just wasted my entire weekend playing with Rift's free form player housing (dimensions) and spending all my newbie money. Forget this hook or grid nonsense; I'm liable to abandon both of my LotRO houses at this point if WB-Turbine doesn't try to compete against that.
    [url="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?506048-Talent-trees-class-roles-and-player-choice"]Talent trees, class roles, and player choice[/url]
    Crafting crit chance analysis: [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?410893-Sample-size-THREE-THOUSAND"]3000 sample size[/URL], [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?420198-Sample-size-ONE-THOUSAND"]1000 sample size[/URL]

  20. #20

    Legendary Weapons

    It would be good to be able to mount retired legendary weapons as decorations once they are no longer used instead of deconstructing them. Not sure if it is possible but would add an element of personalisation and would be something you might likely do. Bilbo's sword Sting hung in the Mathom House like this for many years before he finally left the Shire for good.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mostly Middle Earth
    Posts
    853
    Probably not do-able, but I'd love a stable or corral for all my horses and goats.


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluck View Post
    Now that we know Turbine is going to finally make some changes to housing, Im curious as to what sorts of changes you would like to see. And lets be honest.. they probably arent going to go to a full revamp to something like EQ2. So what changes do you think they might come up with?

    Im hoping for the following, in order of probability:

    1. Redesign of the housing structure itself. I have a small hobbit house, and it is frustrating. The fireplace is awkwardly placed in one corner, with no way for me to place a couch or chairs in front of it. If I want a bed, I have to place it in the center of the room, which is just silly. Bottom line: if you dont touch the hookpoint system, at least redo the layout so its more sensible and cozy. There are so many FANTASTIC npc homes out in the world that you can enter, and they are all so much better than the player housing.

    2. Redesign of the decorations. Again, if you arent going to touch the hookpoints, at least redo the decorations so there is more flexibility. Smaller decorations, they take up less space, hey even let me have more decorations/furniture in the house.

    3. Redo the hookpoint system. Unlikely given the time and resources it would take. But perhaps let us be more flexible with the hookpoints, like letting us move them about and add new ones? But I think we would all be really thrilled if you trashed the hookpoint system entirely and moved to a freeform system.

    4. I know this would never happen, but I wish youd just trash the housing instance idea and just let us buy npc housing in the game world itself, ala EQ2. I know that means we would lose our outside yards, but Id love to be able to ride up to hobbiton and click on one of the dwellings there to enter my house! To me, the housing zones are lonely and depressing, I never, ever see ANYONE around. Lets breathe some life back into the starting zones!

    So what do YOU guys think is possible this year, and what would you like to see?
    A possible solution to the whole hook-point system...is let the player install the hook-points. A house comes with XX number of hooks, and the player can place them where they desire...and possibly buy more hooks at the store...
    Turbine income, player flexibility...a win/win situation

    The issue of Ghost towns is another problem, not easily solved. A player should not lose their home because they are away from the game for a period of time, but empty neighborhoods is a problem. The best solution I have seen, is after a period of inactivity, the entire home goes into escrow, and if/when you come back, it has to be placed back in a new neighborhood.
    Last edited by Ashenwoods; Mar 06 2013 at 10:59 AM.

  23. #23

    Wink

    The first and most important think for me is surprisingly the hook system :-) It was already written in many posts and I can only agree. It is frustrating not to be able to place for example four chairs around the table, or a bench in front of the fireplace. If it is not possible to remove it, than at least make it more flexible (possibility to change the positions, buy more...)

    Furniture functionality. Of course not every piece of furniture needs to do something. However why would someone have fireplace, candles or chandeliers in the house, if they give no light? And how nice would be a kinship meeting with a table full of meals, where you can really eat (a cask of ale, music and dancing... )

    Empty homesteads. I would freely give up some part of my huge yard and have instead some NPC neighbors, so I would not feel as the last human in the Middle Earth, when I enter my home town. And maybe a few NPCs with quests (for example the repeating reputations quests) would also lure more players. Someone also needs to take care of the large kinship houses, so why not have the possibility to hire some NPC servants, guards, gardener...

    Fixed homesteads. Let the players build their own houses and only choose and pay for a free lot. And if the player does not pay, send the whole house to escrow, so the lot is again free for rent to other players.

    Animals. To have a dog or cat around the house, or a small stable for all the obtained horses.

  24. #24
    i am glad that the majority of players on this thread wants the same things i do the most common issues been the need for flexability in placing items and transport stable links

  25. #25
    I would like to see the option to own more then 1 house per account...personally I think it should be limited to 1 house per character. Also get rid of the stupid hook system. And envict anyone who hasnt paid their maintenance for over 1 year.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload