We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ultimate Captain Raiding Build

So yeah, after some thinking, finally came up with the ultimate captain raiding build.

For starters, we're going to need the best earrings in the game for captains:
    Earring of the Exemplary Captain x2
    Since you've already got the most important pieces, why waste your time on stuff that doesn't matter?

Now for the emblem:
    Strength of Will
    RC Cooldown
    Might Legacy
    Will Legacy
    Fate Legacy
    Vitality Legacy

And the weapon:
    To Arms
    Telling Mark
    Motivating Speech
    Tactic: Relentless Assault
    Tactic: On Guard
    Make Haste

Relic grinding is for noobs..... don't use them.

Continuing on, we need to maximize our buffing potential, and also ensure we are as power efficient as possible using the following traits:
    Captain's Victory
    Tactical Prowess
    Captain's Hope
    Strong Voice
    Loyalty
    Precise Ally
    Captain's Valour
    IDoME
    Oathbreaker's Shame
    Fellowship Brother

For racials, only take Strength of Morale and Duty-bound. The rest are usless, don't bother slotting them.

For virtues, only a noob uses them, unslot all of them like a pro.

Also, we absolutely want to run with a herald out, since two are always better than one.

So now, we might as well finish off with style points, and ditch that hot, stinky heavy armor, and wear something that's much more stylish:
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Circlet
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Gloves
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Leggings
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Pauldrons
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Robe
    Tactical Eastemnet Assault Shoes
    Nobody in their right mind is going to mess with somebody in a kilt. That's just asking for trouble.

And finally, we need a cape that just says it all:
    Supple Gifted Cloak of the Wold
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Jan 25 2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Some poor newbie is going to come along and take you seriously.

Captain gold gear sucks.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

You know, I have seen this too many times on a main weapon. And from people who otherwise seem like serious players:

Motivating Speech
    Make Haste

Those clearly go on a buff stick not a main weapon. I know this is supposed to be some sort of BS/troll post but seriously people do this. Why? Make haste maybe I could see if you were too lazy to swap/set up a macro but the rest. *headdesk*

In other news today, Wardens need to max agility as main stat in update 10? I feel bad for them.
    Last edited by Thermight; Jan 24 2013 at 04:19 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000b1e1a/signature.png]Kangas[/charsig]
    [URL="http://helmsdeep.guildportal.com"]Helm's Deep[/URL] Kangas-Captain Kangdoom-Champ Furtive-Burg Wildlife-Hunter

I am making a (rather satirical) point about how two golden items, a legacy, and a trait will allow you to get away with almost anything, and still be "raid worthy" - because dumb luck can cause a captain to be more desirable than someone who has put a ton of effort into getting the best gear, and having the best LIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermight View Post
    You know, I have seen this too many times on a main weapon. And from people who otherwise seem like serious players:

Motivating Speech
    Make Haste

Those clearly go on a buff stick not a main weapon. I know this is supposed to be some sort of BS/troll post but seriously people do this. Why? Make haste maybe I could see if you were too lazy to swap/set up a macro but the rest. *headdesk*

In other news today, Wardens need to max agility as main stat in update 10? I feel bad for them.
    Can you point me in the direction of a good explanation about how to set up a macro to switch to another weapon, cast Strength of Will (or Make Haste, or Escape From Darkness, etc). I have not yet been able to find anything in the way of real info there.

Thanks!

What's wrong with those relics?
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    What's wrong with those relics?
    Nothing, I blended in enough stuff that's fairly sound to give the post some initial credibility before going off the deep end.

Not sure if trying to be funny, sarcastic or just bored...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8C8nLy2okg[/url] Saruman 6-man
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj4h-CF9log[/url] Warden Survival
    [url]http://tftgb.wordpress.com/[/url]

Yeah, sorry, it doesn't really work as a serious post or a joke post. I was mostly just baffled.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]