We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

We could see housing changes this year!

from twitter dev chat:

Q7 Joene - Will housing get a much deserved revamp? #LOTRO

A7HoarseDev – This is also on the docket for later this year. We’re testing out some ideas now and we’ll see what shakes out. #LOTRO
    Fordakidz(sapience) says, 'THIS IS MY ROCK! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

Glad to hear they have at least taken the initiative to test out new things

Or: "By the end of 2013, we expect a full report to be filed by the Vice-Deputy Sub-Assistant of the LoTRO Home-Owners Association, outlining what steps need to be taken in order to convene a meeting of the Turbine delegation of domestic engineers, at which point we will know precisely whether or not changes to the current housing system can be considered."

Yep, that about sums it up. (I hope housing does get some love, though) :P

insert the first 'fix the lag first' comment here*

*please note I don't suffer from lag as a general rule. It's more of an observation that what pleases one person (or a group of people) will not please another person (or group of people).

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    insert the first 'fix the lag first' comment here*

*please note I don't suffer from lag as a general rule. It's more of an observation that what pleases one person (or a group of people) will not please another person (or group of people).
    POPPYCOCK!!! While everyone else lags, the housing afficianados will be bundled up safe and sound inside their newly enhanced homes! (Now with lag-reducing forcefield!)

So, possibly doing something sometime this year. Maybe.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by chieth View Post
    So, possibly doing something sometime this year. Maybe.

Right.
    Eh. The way I interpreted it, it wasn't a question of IF it would be done this year, but to what degree Housing is changed.

Change to the whole empty houses situation certainly, but other than that, who knows.
    [LEFT][COLOR=#ffffff]Morlenil Barkolomew Turmuz Shurz Gruubluk

Posting in white; so people can read my dismal ramblings easier.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Well, we all know what 'Soon™' means...

I think, "we will see what shakes out" is low on the Soon™ index.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrion View Post
    Eh. The way I interpreted it, it wasn't a question of IF it would be done this year, but to what degree Housing is changed.

Change to the whole empty houses situation certainly, but other than that, who knows.
    I suppose, I'm just always very wary of very vague dev promises because getting hopeful usually just means pain :c

Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Well, we all know what 'Soon™' means...

I think, "we will see what shakes out" is low on the Soon™ index.
    How is TurbineTime in relation to ValveTime?

don't get your hopes up, i highly doubt this will happen, it will get pushed back to next year i would bet gold on it

There IS hope indeed. Quote from http://www.lotro.com/en/game/article...nline%E2%84%A2 (A letter from Kate Paiz, Executive Producer) :

"•Housing – I am extremely pleased to say that this year we will be tackling a major revision to the Housing system. In February and March we will be gathering information about how Housing should change, and then we’ll be releasing revisions to the system in the latter half of the year. We look forward to leveraging our new Player’s Council to help shape and guide the extension of this feature!"

Maybe it wont be completed "soon", but at least, the machine is moving the right direction

I remain cautiously optimistic. A new PvP zone was once announced in this format and that never happened. Still, the very mention of housing was enough to get me to log in for the first time in over a month. So there's that.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/unlikely_superhero/lotrocharacters_zpsd7nf06sh.gif[/IMG]