We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lag issues - Support thread?

The lag issues seem to be affecting a lot of people and I see A LOT of people complaining about it so I ask this. Does Turbine have a thread somewhere that they are collecting data on it to try and troubleshoot it? I am affected by it, but it only affects me when I'm on my war steed. I would love to offer as much as I can to help them get this sorted out. I looked but saw no thread so I'm either looking in the wrong place or there isn't a thread yet so maybe we could start one? Instead of just complaining maybe we can help them get this sorted out?

Just a thought.....carry on with second breakfast now.....

1. They clearly don't want any feedback or help fom players. Maybe they have enough feedback already on the problems. But you can be sure if they wanted us to post details about our problems they would ask.

2. They really don't want anyone discussing these problems - especially not in the general forums (the forum that is read by the most players). It is clearly very important to them to keep up a good image about the game, and make sure new players don't learn about the problems and possibly give them less money. There was a thread discussing the lag issues and they moved it to Suggestions so it would not be seen. I am betting that over the next few days they will lock any thread on lag problems and let it get buried so, again, less people will know about the game problems and the issues wont affect their income.

3. Lastly, some of the problems started more than a year! ago with Update 6. I guess where they are now with this is trying to hide the issues - and of course they are not saying anything about it. Maybe they think it is not a good idea to admit there is anything wrong.

4. To be fair, I am sure they do know the extent of the problems, and care about it. We can't really know if they are making a big effort to fix them or not. And I would not be surprised if they did come out and say something about it - there is only so much ignoring of players that they can do and still look good.
    Last edited by Cindir; Jan 24 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindir View Post
    there is only so much ignoring of players that they can do and still look good.
    I'd say that ship has already sailed but you summed it up very well. A good first step to rectifying things would be a statement acknowledging the problem without a disclaimer about people running the wrong OS / submitting the wrong data, sitting on the wrong chair while playing etc etc.

No, they DO want feedback from players but most people don't explain their issues beyond ''it's laggy fix it, this game sucks''

Maybe if you posted your computer specs, what graphics you run at, where you are during the lag, what you're doing, they could try and diagnose the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainecarth View Post
    No, they DO want feedback from players but most people don't explain their issues beyond ''it's laggy fix it, this game sucks''

Maybe if you posted your computer specs, what graphics you run at, where you are during the lag, what you're doing, they could try and diagnose the problem.
    There was a long thread precisely for that a while ago, which many many people posted exactly what they were doing, specs etc. Since then, nothing. They haven't even acknowledged there is actually a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by monteeburns View Post
    There was a long thread precisely for that a while ago, which many many people posted exactly what they were doing, specs etc. Since then, nothing. They haven't even acknowledged there is actually a problem.
    Really? They have not acknowledged it? Read the second sentence of the following paragraph.

"Performance issues are a consideration in every patch, fix, and update. It is not called out explicitly in every patch, fix, and update. It is a constant effort that is an incremental process. A process often confounded by the fact that a large number of players do not report useful information or ofter report client performance issues as server issues. I appreciate that will be considered 'blaming the player', but it does not change the reality of the situation.
    As for other changes, some were clearly called out as known issues after Update 9. Issues that were clearly stated as being changed in the next update. They have been."- Sapience

EDIT: Neumi. Do you think it's as simple as that for Turbine to change a single line of code and get rid of the lag? It's not.
    Last edited by Fainecarth; Jan 24 2013 at 01:18 PM.

We did, many of us did.
    Did you notice a reduction in LAG as a result?

And btw, what would the computer specs or even buy a new computer change in a situation where 10 players all get dismounted around the same location at the same time? Or that their skills don't fire in instances? When the game freezes on all clients at the same time?

Their "ongoing efforts" resulted in a extraordinary lag increase over the last weeks. It will probably be a bit better now after the update, since they finally restarted the server and removed some data trash. But if they refuse to restart the servers again it will be bad again in no time. U6 brought the big lag problems, U9 optimized them.

We are way beyond the point when we posted computer specs and descriptions of what we are doing. Now we want the lag gone.
    Last edited by Neumi; Jan 24 2013 at 01:20 PM.

Really? They have not acknowledged it? Read the second sentence of the following paragraph.
    Yeah I read that, I'll clarify my last comment then - 'Since then, nothing useful'. There has been no clarification that there is a problem with their code/servers. It's just the same old generic statement rehashed, same situation as it was months ago, and it took a long thread about the game being unplayable for many people on one server to get that response. I'm not blaming the forum CR, I'm sure they pass on what they are told. But someone needs to step up and take responsibility and say what plans are in place to address this problem which seems to be getting worse, not better over time.
    Last edited by monteeburns; Jan 24 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monteeburns View Post
    ...But someone needs to step up and take responsibility.
    I don't care who's responsible, I don't want to see any heads rolling. I just want to see it fixed, after all we pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    I don't care who's responsible, I don't want to see any heads rolling. I just want to see it fixed, after all we pay to play.
    I was talking about taking responsibility for communicating what is being done about it, not accountability. But indeed, people pay for a service, it's not unreasoanble to expect one.

"Performance issues are a consideration in every patch, fix, and update. It is not called out explicitly in every patch, fix, and update. It is a constant effort that is an incremental process. A process often confounded by the fact that a large number of players do not report useful information or ofter report client performance issues as server issues. I appreciate that will be considered 'blaming the player', but it does not change the reality of the situation.
    As for other changes, some were clearly called out as known issues after Update 9. Issues that were clearly stated as being changed in the next update. They have been."- Sapience
    This is not the same at all as saying "there is a problem". This is not acknowledgement. It is carefully worded to not admit there are any problems. And the second sentence you point to - did you really mean that one? and do you really think that sentence is the same as saying "we know there is a problem".

All they need to say is "we know players have been experiencing problems with lag, stuttering, the memory leak, etc." But they are unwilling to do that. So yes, they have not acknowledged it. Sapience's post just says exactly what it says - that performance issues are a consideration and addressed by every patch, fix, and update. This is completely different that saying "we know there is a problem affecting gameplay for some of you".

Sapience's statement is not enough. I would be willing to bet they will in fact make a statement that actually addresses the issues over the next week.

I would very much appreciate an official statement acknowledging that there is a problem and that they are specifically working on solving it as I just spent $30 on the game right before update 9 and now it's entirely unplayable.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Quote Originally Posted by Cindir View Post

It is clearly very important to them to keep up a good image about the game, and make sure new players don't learn about the problems and possibly give them less money. There was a thread discussing the lag issues and they moved it to Suggestions so it would not be seen. I am betting that over the next few days they will lock any thread on lag problems and let it get buried so, again, less people will know about the game problems and the issues wont affect their income.
    And there you have it! Any threads discussing the lag get moved to the technical support forums. Why would you post asking for an official response about game issues in Technical Support? I though tech support is where you post when you need help with your own specific PC.