We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Festival dates for 2013?

Is there a list of the tenative dates for this year's festivals?
    Tamoro Quickfoot, esq. Gentleman Farmer/Cook/Brewer. Treasure-hunter (semi-retired) and Husband of the lovely Tearna

Lonely Mountain Band/Quickfoot Estates - Landroval

so far it seems the devs have not updated the community calendar... also wondering when the next event is coming...
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I'm hoping this year wont be messed up like last years. Having the spring festival in the summer & the summer one going into fall. Hopefully we will have spring fest in March, Anniversary in April, farmer's faire & then summer one.

Still waiting for a list ...

The real question is: how much is it going to cost?

Let's hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentis View Post
    Still waiting for a list ...
    Let's hope they won't go on the turbine points tour, it makes all the F2Pers (which I still proudly am) feel a bit uncomfortable. =P
    Merry: "He doesn't look happy, does he?"
    Pippin: "Not tae happy at all, Merry."
    Merry: "Still, I 'spose the view would be quite nice from up there."
    Pippin: "Oh yes, it's a quality establishment, I hear the staff is very good."

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitsftw View Post
    Let's hope they won't go on the turbine points tour, it makes all the F2Pers (which I still proudly am) feel a bit uncomfortable. =P
    Sadly they probably will. Festival tickets were among the best sellers during yule fest.

I too am waiting for news of the festival. I love doing them, but not having any dates is frustrating.

Given we are mid March already I don't foresee any Spring Festival this month. So it looks like they are doing what they did last year by putting off the Spring festival till after Anniversary which stinks. It just screws up the rest of the festivals. I am also curious to see if this years will be shortened like Yule festival was.

I thought yesterday was Bullroarer Took Day? There was nothing in-game, no quests or npcs/areas. In the dev video last week they made it sound like it was an upcoming event.
    Crogard Himblefoot - Hobbit Burglar of Brandywine
    The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies opens Dec. 17, 2014!
    [URL=http://s286.photobucket.com/user/LOTRfreak93/media/93aa4454-2af6-4ecc-9d04-5dc434914d4d.png.html][IMG]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll113/LOTRfreak93/93aa4454-2af6-4ecc-9d04-5dc434914d4d.png[/IMG][/URL]

The first week of Spring would be a good time to start

That's this week.

There has also not been a treasure hunt for a while. There was one late last winter, if I remember correctly.

With Spring, Anniversary, Farmer's Fair, Summer, Fall and Yule, you'd think they'd try to hit one every two months or so.
    Claims made in forums are larger than they appear in real life.

The only festival I really got involved in was the Harvest Festival last year. Rewards just didn't mean much to me - I got some great cosmetic cloaks, but the rest of the rewards seemed meaningless, especially the house decorations as I don't ever seeing myself owning a house.
    As soon as they idiot proof something, the others send in some slack-jawed, drooling stooge to gum up the works.

Spring officially starts in a few hours, but the calendar is still blank for March, April, and May. (save that one infinitely repeating event).

Am also curious what the plans are.

I was a bit bummed out that there wasn't a drunken fence run
    ~*~Lillibell~*~

Question

I always wanted to know and never asked

The empty play field in Bree Festival area. What is it for!
    I would love an event there like to one where we club each other out of the zone in Thorins Hall pub

Anyone?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001dd13c/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by TarquinBlackwood View Post
    Question

I always wanted to know and never asked

The empty play field in Bree Festival area. What is it for!
    I would love an event there like to one where we club each other out of the zone in Thorins Hall pub

Anyone?
    Back at the VERY first festival....back in olden days...(and I'm assuming you mean the rectangular field up by the Horse track North of Bree)...that was the Chicken-kicker field. If you're lucky you may see someone running around sporting that title too. It was a game that involved...well...kicking a chicken.

Was buggier than usual, and was never seen again...

Kinda like the Fool title and the chickens in the Moors on April Fools Day (only once).

Personally, I always hoped they'd bring those two things back...and if had two wheels I'd be a wagon.
    85 Burg; Brunnhilda -High Chieftain Sineater and Overlord Vulfen

Vote for Neverwinter!! Vote today!! Vote for TESO!! Vote today!!

Hmm I missed that one

Thank you Brunnhilda! Thats the one

You mean the old days when the forum argued for like 6 months pre and post launch on whether or not you should be able to kill a Balrog!!

I dont miss that thread...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001dd13c/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would love a spring festival right about now. I'm not getting any real spring yet. But if virtual spring doesn't happen until May, I'll be long gone and outside... run it now at the end of a horrible wintry March and you'll get more participants, Turbine.

What was the complaint about ticket sales putting off the f2ps at Yule? I don't recall any Yule events that I got left out of because of my pay status. (Okay, I'm premium, but I didn't buy anything during the Yule festival that wasn't with the TP I earned in game.)
    Landroval: Ardgytha/Cap - Burnet/Guard - Fernwithy/Burg - Maethanir/Hunt
    Elendilmir: Mithildir/Guard - Finnur/Champ - Sweetbriar/Hunt

The last few years Spring Fest has been starting the last week in March (rather than the Equinox), and we're not quite there yet.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Spring_Festival

The Anniversary Fest is the very end of April ( http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOTR...ry_Celebration ) - it is a shame that the Spring Fest isn't better spaced around that, to give just a little breathing/questing room between those two. Maybe next year...

Quote Originally Posted by kingshrek92 View Post
    I thought yesterday was Bullroarer Took Day? There was nothing in-game, no quests or npcs/areas. In the dev video last week they made it sound like it was an upcoming event.
    Yes, there's a screenshot contest.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts // Google+
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador (https://goo.gl/photos/RavGWt9AYPNb6Wes5), Rhovanion (https://goo.gl/photos/jRuu1TmSoXGCfpTS7), and Gondor (https://goo.gl/photos/UD6JKgJQLcsMLYNHA)
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Hound View Post
    The last few years Spring Fest has been starting the last week in March (rather than the Equinox), and we're not quite there yet.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Spring_Festival

The Anniversary Fest is the very end of April ( http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOTR...ry_Celebration ) - it is a shame that the Spring Fest isn't better spaced around that, to give just a little breathing/questing room between those two. Maybe next year...
    It used to be in March, but in 2012 was pushed out to May because of the anniversary festival. They've stated the anniversary festival will be back next month, so I think it's safe to assume we'll be waiting until May for this year's spring festival too.
    -Silverlode- Ithoran 95 Guardian | Ithorano 85 Captain | Velga 85 Burglar | Ithoriel 85 Hunter | Odolier 44 Minstrel | Ithorann 27 Lore-master

Red face Wishing for Spring.... and a Spring Festival

I agree with Ardgytha.... " I would love a spring festival right about now. I'm not getting any real spring yet. But if virtual spring doesn't happen until May, I'll be long gone and outside..."

Wondering if the reluctance by Turbine team to post tentative festival dates has anything to do with the CRAZY backlash they got last year when a festival didn't start by the tentative date because of bug issues? Just a thought....

Still, hoping (fingers crossed, clicking my heels, etc...) to see the Spring fest pop in before garden season starts. ( :
    Na lû e-govaned vîn, Novaer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    Sadly they probably will. Festival tickets were among the best sellers during yule fest.
    Sorry, but I have a hard time to believe that. Turbine can put in the "Hot" list whatever they want and I just can't believe one pays 50 or 100 turbine points to reset ONE quest.

Good question, a lot of us have been wondering. It seems they are starting later and later, perhaps due to squeezing an extra one in. But I for one wish they'd start them in March still. Last year by the time the fall (Halloween) festival arrived Halloween was over. I was no longer in the mood for it and it didn't seem near as much fun. Late or not though, they have done a really great job of finding new things to add to the festivals and making them more fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Sorry, but I have a hard time to believe that. Turbine can put in the "Hot" list whatever they want and I just can't believe one pays 50 or 100 turbine points to reset ONE quest.
    Just because you wouldnt pay that much or I doesnt mean noone else would. Of course because you have a hard time believing this Turbine puts in a fake bestseller list. How very rich.

In fact there was one person I remember who posted on here last year that spent I think over 1000tps on festival tickets during the Anniversary event.
    Last edited by Eartholloth; Mar 29 2013 at 10:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast