We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

BG challenge mode chests bugged? Confirmation needed

I was told that even if you complete the challenge (applies to Twins and LT T1), the second chest doesn't spawn. I'm curious to know if that indeed is the case, and if it applies to T2 as well?

EDIT: Just to clarify - it's supposed to be a bug introduced with the latest patch.

Quote Originally Posted by raahte View Post
    I was told that even if you complete the challenge (applies to Twins and LT T1), the second chest doesn't spawn. I'm curious to know if that indeed is the case, and if it applies to T2 as well?

EDIT: Just to clarify - it's supposed to be a bug introduced with the latest patch.
    Perhaps they didn't mean for the challenge chests to spawn at all in T1. It would fit in line with every other challenge in instances before they added these in Update 9.
    Chromite (Hunter) - Grumbletocks (Guardian) on Landroval, Appendage (Hunter) on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Perhaps they didn't mean for the challenge chests to spawn at all in T1. It would fit in line with every other challenge in instances before they added these in Update 9.
    Yeah, you're probably right. It never even occurred to me that the Challenge mode or chest would pop up on T1; if it had been, it sure does sound like a bug.

You could do the challenges on T1 like killing the twins at the same time, even without the quest popping up. It was probably supposed to be T2 only like every other instance.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe
    Currently playing on Gladden, formerly Brandywine.

at some point, i thought i had seen a post stating that the challenges on T1 (and at lower scaled versions of the instance) was intended...that this allowed folks to complete deeds without having to do a scaled instance at level capon T2 for challenge conditions.
    Durchest was the only boss you couldn't complete challenge as there were no sconces to summon the missing five suits...and the assumption was that it wasn't working properly on T1. It was confirmed previously, that the deeds updated for completion of those conditions (challenge conditions met on T1, and/or at any scaled level of the instance).

Perhaps that is NOT what was indended and the 9.1 patch "corrected" things.
    Last edited by twittfounder; Jan 24 2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: clarity

I would say that it was most certainly a bug that was not intended, since challenge quests do not appear on t1 BG runs. However, I can confirm from my experience that prior to 9.1 the challenge chests would spawn on Twins and LT t1 if you completed them with the challenge fight mechanics. My kin has not run BG since the patch so I cannot confirm whether this has been changed or not with 9.1.

If it has been adjusted to not spawn these chests on t1, I would say it is an intended fix for a bug that was known but not confirmed publicly by Turbine. This would be a change that makes sense to me.

did a t1 run tonight, and no the challenge chests no longer spawn. running t2 tomorrow, but i assume the t1 behavior is a fix, not a bug, so i assume both chests spawn correctly on t2

The challenge chests spawn correctly in T2
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000003820/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]