We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ElricM View Post
    You mean those guys who always greet you with a friendly hot and do nothing if a hot is needed, because they are trying to do damage?
    This makes me laugh

Honestly the whole system is a joke. You do 95% Dmg on a target, another one steals the kb and both got the same points? Just nonsense. Or can someone give me a good explanation?

And its absolutely annoying that every defiler you meet throws hots on you to leech points.. wasnt there something with a 20sec timer? Why introduce things that are broken..
    Runekeeper R13 (105) - Hunter R12 (85) - Loremaster R12 (100) - Burglar R11 (75) - Warden R11 (105) - Champ R6 (105) - Minstrel R8 (105) | Avorthalier / Wipeout
    Reaver R14 - Warg R12 | Narku Zur
    Original Challenger of Saruman & Gothmog

Rating matters

You do realize the rating on the "The War" section in your character pannel determines on how much inf/renown you'll get. I killed sparkman while he was afk and got 6 points for it. Big woop. If the rating sucks, the inf/renown will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishnakh View Post
    ... wasnt there something with a 20sec timer? Why introduce things that are broken..
    It seems this 20 sec thingie works only for damage dealt. For heals applied you will receive points hours later as well. And same applies for the heals made to you (granted u did not log off/died or person healed you ages before log off/died).
    Last edited by Ileri; Jan 29 2013 at 08:55 AM.
    [url=http://www.sigcreator.com/][img]http://www.sigcreator.com/generatedsigs/21361164152perfectworld_arqueiro.png[/img][/url]
    main: Lerea, HNT R14
    alt: Ileri, RK R10

Quote Originally Posted by 116_for_days View Post
    You do realize the rating on the "The War" section in your character pannel determines on how much inf/renown you'll get. I killed sparkman while he was afk and got 6 points for it. Big woop. If the rating sucks, the inf/renown will suck.
    You are almost right there - your rating determines how much points you will GIVE.

(Rating/10)+landscape bonuses/contributers[up to 6]
    i.e. My burg dies with 10 rating the base value for the infamy given is 1. Which does not multiply well :P

It wouldnt be so bad if rating didnt fall below 300 so easily, I suppouse it helps deter farming?
    I'm still not convinced that healing tags are broken though, I guess I'll have to play one to see that.
    Stylen R13 Warg
    Lincor R6 Minstrel, Alluthir R6 Champ, Inbur R10 Burg

I've earned 6 renown points before my simply yelling at a guy with my fist gambit builder. I've also gotten ~400 renown in one kill off a high ranking Warg. Then on the other end, sometimes I deal about 30% damage to one creep and I've gotten absolutely no renown off of it. So, yes, this system is completely screwed up.

I'm not sure why people always argue absolutes in terms of comparing different eras in the Moors. There were good and bad things before and good and bad things now and imo it's a better idea to figure out what worked before better than now and vice versa and only keep the good things.

Healers getting more renown/infamy is a good thing but it's too much. There needs to much more of an emphasis on how much you heal when taking into account rewards.

No distance on where you can get rewards for a kill is a good thing but the time limit needs to be fixed. I've been in groups where we got rewards and has truly no idea what they were for and who we had damaged that had gotten killed.

Rating was already a dumb system and is even more dumb now with the arbitrary way it seems to fluctuate. Your rating at any given point really has no bearing on anything and it just needs to be removed (or made meaningful but imo the game needs to promote less raiding and star hugging and not more).

Rewards seem to reward raiding way too much. I hate raiding, but I recognize some people do enjoy it. However, the reward system shouldn't be screwing over soloers as much as it seems to now.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    I've earned 6 renown points before my simply yelling at a guy with my fist gambit builder. I've also gotten ~400 renown in one kill off a high ranking Warg. Then on the other end, sometimes I deal about 30% damage to one creep and I've gotten absolutely no renown off of it. So, yes, this system is completely screwed up.
    Basically it's a mix of rank, rating and + bonuses.
    While the total points seems to be divided by all the players who got tags on it, though the dividing seems to stop at some point
    So while soloing i can get "Up to" 400ish a kill if i have most of the buffs and said person is high ranked.
    In small groups it tends to be somewhere near 30ish, in raids.....well let's just say i'm glad i'm soloing 99% of the time.

Also if you do 99% of the damage to a target, and 21s after the last damage your target dies you get no credit

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Its a hugely broken system that is killing the moors. Healers deserve to be included but there must be a better solution.

Turbine made a big mistake with the gains.

Creeps on snowy usually have 180% gain most evening, plus they outnumber freeps 2 or 3 to 1. Rank has been killed off due to the insane gains.

As soon as i hit R10 on my captain i shall stop pvp until turbine pull there finger out.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2