We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,295

    Renown/Infamy gains

    For the love of god! Can we fix this or get a straight answer!

    This is beyond rediculous. I've not heard one logical explantion for the way renown/infamy is generated. We're all supposed to get the same amount? I kill a creep last night w/ a supposed +40% renown buff n get 9 points? What?

    Your in a raid and if no one in your grp tags the target you get nothing? Thats rediculous as well.

    Half the damn gain buffs ... you shouldn't get 500 a kill solo, or 50 something ina raid per kill.

    Fix the stupid rating system, it was fine before.

    The whole points system is just a random &&&&-shoot.
    Last edited by jmez; Jan 23 2013 at 06:20 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000034d99/01007/signature.png]Jmez[/charsig]
    Jmez Warbringer The Warlord

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    For the love of god! Can we fix this or get a straight answer!

    This is beyond rediculous. I've not heard one logical explantion for the way renown/infamy is generated. We're all supposed to get the same amount? I kill a creep last night w/ a supposed +40% renown buff n get 9 points? What?

    Your in a raid and if no one in your grp tags the target you get nothing? Thats rediculous as well.

    Half the damn gain buffs ... you shouldn't get 500 a kill solo, or 50 something ina raid per kill.

    Fix the stupid rating system, it was fine before.

    The whole points system is just a random &&&&-shoot.
    If u play a healing class u ll write more..


    I amar prestar aen.. ''the world has changed..''

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    163
    The minimum amount you can get is very low too. If you are on the side who has no renown buffs, wich is most of the time for freeps on our server, you get almost nothing for a kill. I ended up multiple times with 1 renown for a kill.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by jivius View Post
    If u play a healing class u ll write more..
    You mean those guys who always greet you with a friendly hot and do nothing if a hot is needed, because they are trying to do damage?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    749
    - Zerg some random target 20v1: 15 points.

    - Solo kill a high rank target that has been fighting others 30 minutes ago: 15 points.

    - A bunch of people in your faction PvE'd in the Delving of Fror days or weeks ago: +100% gains.

    - Do all the work, do nothing, gain the same.

    Worst PvP point system ... ever.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Equendil View Post
    - Zerg some random target 20v1: 15 points.
    I'd like to see this give 1 inf/renown every time.
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Snowbourn
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Equendil View Post
    - Zerg some random target 20v1: 15 points.

    - Solo kill a high rank target that has been fighting others 30 minutes ago: 15 points.

    - A bunch of people in your faction PvE'd in the Delving of Fror days or weeks ago: +100% gains.

    - Do all the work, do nothing, gain the same.

    Worst PvP point system ... ever.
    yes, it is stupid, once i was fighting reaver -25k morale, i did 24.5k dmg to him, some minstrel appeared - hit him for 500 dmg, and we both got same points, he maybe little more, because of some rating or what...

    then i was in fellowship with captain, we had some pew pew around graveyard, he healed around etc, but it was boring - so we decided it is time for some map-roaming, we got some points from his healing after 15 maybe 20 minutes after we left GY!!!1 its hilarious...

    Commander Liliam - the Warden

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    823
    The change in the inf/renown system, is the number 1 factor for destroying the moors. The sad part is that it happened for no other reason than to make the zerger's lifes even easier.
    Last edited by Yelloweyedemon; Jan 24 2013 at 05:09 AM.
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

    ~Eralwen R10 hunter

  9. #9
    It is not surprising that most people are terrible at pvp. Nowadays they hardly have any incentive to improve: everyone gets the same points in a raid. Also, while previously the main thought was "how do we kill one of the enemies asap", now it's "whom did I forget to tag?!". The rating & renown system has been screwed up: noobs and raid zergers are prospering, while veteran good players are suffering.
    .

    http://pogonina.com
    I'm not a fraid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    362
    Obviously I can't speak for everyone on this subject, but going by my personal experience, the numbers people are posting seemed to be messed up in either direction.

    Post-ror I haven't gotten more than 300 infamy for a kill (now it hovers around 160-200 infamy since the keep/DOF mechanics are shared a bit more) and I have not gotten less than 16 infamy for a kill, whether I was in a group or solo.

    IIRC, it's not possible to get below 10 or so infamy because of the way they set it. Personally I don't hate the changes to the points distribution, but I will say that it's a bit odd.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    I have mixed feelings on the issue. On the one hand I’ve become addicted to the easy points. Raid up follow TA, sometimes call targets and 2-3hours later anywhere from 2-5k on a small server. Remember how hard it was in the past to level creepside? I soloed mostly from R0-9 on my warg over a long period and it was a slog. I died a lot and points were not always easy to come by. I think that has value, as we are now seeing people R9 in a few weeks, that really blows me away and the other half of my brain is like “something isn’t right here”.

    So I try to dumb it down, we are in RoR so we have certain realities we have to deal with (OP bonus’s and PVE Delving bonus’s) The best I can come up with is, you have to contribute to the kill. Your &&& has to be on the line, sitting at grams and getting points for someone’s death at ROP is lame (although addicting). I think that’s a reasonable middle ground, but now we come to healing.

    When does the healer get their points? The old system sucked they got nothing for heals. At least with the current system everyone is getting points. It’s a universal application for both sides, so raid up and zerg. Would I support a measure to change the current system, yeah I would I like my way but the healers are an issue. Any defiler can GT and throw a hot. Personally I need to read more of what other people think to formulate a good opinion.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jmez View Post
    For the love of god! Can we fix this or get a straight answer!

    This is beyond rediculous. I've not heard one logical explantion for the way renown/infamy is generated. We're all supposed to get the same amount? I kill a creep last night w/ a supposed +40% renown buff n get 9 points? What?

    Your in a raid and if no one in your grp tags the target you get nothing? Thats rediculous as well.

    Half the damn gain buffs ... you shouldn't get 500 a kill solo, or 50 something ina raid per kill.

    Fix the stupid rating system, it was fine before.

    The whole points system is just a random &&&&-shoot.
    /signed

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2
    I've got to agree with this, although I do like the concept of healers getting infamy by healing.
    Logged in my defiler and threw a few dots on creeps coming from grams rez... got near 100 inf before I left the safety of the one-shotters. Hate to think I stole that from someone who actually earned it. Probably evens out in the long run however.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeBaggins View Post
    I've got to agree with this, although I do like the concept of healers getting infamy by healing.
    Logged in my defiler and threw a few dots on creeps coming from grams rez... got near 100 inf before I left the safety of the one-shotters. Hate to think I stole that from someone who actually earned it. Probably evens out in the long run however.
    If this happens to me and I don't know the Defiler... i'll log off and log back in to (hopefully) wipe his/her chance of leeching infamy from me.

    It's one thing when you're in a fight... by all means, leech away. But if you're trying to be greedy... find someone else.
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    If this happens to me and I don't know the Defiler... i'll log off and log back in to (hopefully) wipe his/her chance of leeching infamy from me.

    It's one thing when you're in a fight... by all means, leech away. But if you're trying to be greedy... find someone else.
    This is only part of the problem. You can still earn infamy/renown long after you've left the fight, as long as someone you've healed in the past is still fighting somewhere on the map.

    Last night a tribemate rolled a troll, so a few of us made a support group for him (2 defilers and WL). After a brief fight at Lugz, we went over to TR to do some PVE as the action had seemingly died. For the rest of the hour, we did not encounter any freeps, did not heal or damage anyone outside our group, yet still received infamy. Over 1k infamy for doing nothing but killing NPCs, all because we healed a couple creeps at Lugz and were still leeching off their kills half an hour later.

    This is why infamy/renown gains are so wacky right now. You're not only splitting the rewards with everyone in your fellowship or raid, but everyone that previously healed you or anyone that also did damage to your target. Instead of encouraging healers to heal as intended, it just encourages them to tag as many DPS targets as they can, then sit back and watch the infamy flow.
    Muzzli R11 Warg :: Snegluk R11 BA :: Muzzheal R8 Defiler --- [B]Brandywine[/B] [I]Cohorts of the Red Legion[/I]

    Nellavo R10 Mini --- [B]Nimrodel[/B] [I]Wizard's Fire[/I] :: Santapaws R7 Warg --- [B]Nimrodel[/B]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Obviously I can't speak for everyone on this subject, but going by my personal experience, the numbers people are posting seemed to be messed up in either direction.

    Post-ror I haven't gotten more than 300 infamy for a kill (now it hovers around 160-200 infamy since the keep/DOF mechanics are shared a bit more) and I have not gotten less than 16 infamy for a kill, whether I was in a group or solo.

    IIRC, it's not possible to get below 10 or so infamy because of the way they set it. Personally I don't hate the changes to the points distribution, but I will say that it's a bit odd.
    Iv'e gotten 1 inf for a kill multiple times, but each time i was in a group. Iv'e also gotten like people have said b4 a really low amount of points for a solo kill like 16 points or so because someone healed me or hit that target before. I think it would be nice to fix the problem, but no matter what everyone's making more infamy and renown then they did before ror.
    ~RETIRED~Burglartarget rank 15 wl, rank 12 spider, rank 11 warg, rank 10 ba, rank 10 mini, rank 8 defiler, rank 8 reaver, rank 8 runekeeper, rank 7 hunter, rank 7 burg

  17. #17
    I've received 21 Renown for an AFK Defiler in DG.

    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lothlorien
    Posts
    1,708
    Yep. The points system is pretty screwed up right now.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Andared View Post
    Obviously I can't speak for everyone on this subject, but going by my personal experience, the numbers people are posting seemed to be messed up in either direction.

    Post-ror I haven't gotten more than 300 infamy for a kill (now it hovers around 160-200 infamy since the keep/DOF mechanics are shared a bit more) and I have not gotten less than 16 infamy for a kill, whether I was in a group or solo.

    IIRC, it's not possible to get below 10 or so infamy because of the way they set it. Personally I don't hate the changes to the points distribution, but I will say that it's a bit odd.
    I have gotten 16 for a 1v1 kill and have gotten 1 multiple times in a group of 2 or 3 even though they had nothing to do with the fight. on the other end i have gotten 396 from a lm in a 1v1 and have broken 100 points in groups of as many as 4. I'm not positive but i think rating still is being counted in the kill and with rating being able to drop 2k points from a single kill and rise up nearly as high after a single kill it would explain the erratic gains from kills.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    I have gotten 16 for a 1v1 kill and have gotten 1 multiple times in a group of 2 or 3 even though they had nothing to do with the fight. on the other end i have gotten 396 from a lm in a 1v1 and have broken 100 points in groups of as many as 4. I'm not positive but i think rating still is being counted in the kill and with rating being able to drop 2k points from a single kill and rise up nearly as high after a single kill it would explain the erratic gains from kills.
    My highest from a 1v1 was against Bunny's Mins... 413 (or 431?) The whole system they have in place is borked and needs to be fixed.

    Not that I really care... i'm having more fun playing Sims 3 :/
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Yeah, the low renown gain is certainly a pain because i'm getting an average of about 15 renown for an assist.
    Lowest for me is 3 renown and highest is in the 50's.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,074
    My main problem is how the system resets combat state breaks. I caught a reaver outside a freep owned TR coming out the back door. He was ~500 morale left or so when i rounded the corner and he saw me he popped charge, i qucikshotted he died....160 renown, thats just stupid. I mean yeah the points were nice but i didnt earn them and the person that did, didnt get paid. I got into a weaver did prolly 95% plus of the damage and he trapdoors. He comes up someone else get the KB and I got zero renown. The system is heavily flawed right now. Sit in gv/grams in a group and get free renown/infamy. Out solo and do the most damage on a kill and some random comes by and kbs the spider coming out of burrow and you get nothing. The points system no really does reward the zerg/tab target everything i can people.
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The Internetz
    Posts
    1,930
    I hate to play devils advocate here, but lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater...


    ask yourselves a question: do you really want the old system back?


    the old system was 10X worse than what we have now....
    -healers made almost nothing in comms/ren.....
    -everyone was sticking to each other like duct tape to make sure they stayed in the 80m ren/inf/comm range.
    -If you saw a creep running out over there, you cant go after it because you will leave your raids ren/inf range and get nothing.
    -scouts, watchers, and OP taking off-groups got zip
    -lowbie ranks had a HORRIBLE time getting their comms/ranking up.


    currently the only flaw I can see is the "get cred for someone else's kills that you healed half and hour ago" bug.


    everything else is OK to Great by my standards......

    c-mon guys.... your going to remove a good thing just because certain people abuse it in a way that does not directly affect your gameplay? If you didn't know that people were abusing it, would you still be angry?

    I can speak as someone who has several low ranked creeps that need ranking and many friends/tribemates that also need ranking: The current system is very beneficial in helping rank lowbie creeps, and removing it entirely would be very very detrimental to their advancement and viability in the moors.


    because right now its a perfect environment to grow PVMP and add to the population..


    If you change it back to the way it was, many low ranks will just quit , not wanting to go though a month of dying for nothing and PVMP will start to die again. (because right now, even though I hate the whole zerg v zerg thing, Elendmir has seen some great fights of late, and the population is growing)







    I think the solution is to raise the ren/inf requirement for ranks 9+...... because really, creeps at rank 8 become fully competitive with freeps at around that rank.

    Making it harder for lowbies to rank is NOT the solution.



    -----------------------

    oh and about that 1 inf /ren thing...

    that's due to rating I believe. rating drops/raises very dramatically.... this is to stop self-farmers from farming the same toon.
    Last edited by Lendas; Jan 28 2013 at 03:38 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    I think the solution is to raise the ren/inf requirement for ranks 9+...... because really, creeps at rank 8 become fully competitive with freeps at around that rank.

    Making it harder for lowbies to rank is NOT the solution.
    I think this is a reasonable middle ground. Its just easy to rack up points now its border line silly. Literally toons in the moors for a month are running R9, I remember task master used to be one hell of an accomplishment. you knew that guy put in some time, now not so much. Not that putting in time is the end all be all but its pretty dam easy to rank up these days.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendas View Post
    ask yourselves a question: do you really want the old system back?


    the old system was 10X worse than what we have now....
    -healers made almost nothing in comms/ren.....
    -everyone was sticking to each other like duct tape to make sure they stayed in the 80m ren/inf/comm range.
    -If you saw a creep running out over there, you cant go after it because you will leave your raids ren/inf range and get nothing.
    -scouts, watchers, and OP taking off-groups got zip
    -lowbie ranks had a HORRIBLE time getting their comms/ranking up.
    People sticking to each others like duct tape ? There was side action before RoR, that has largely died out since then.

    I want the old old system back !

    The one where if a target was worth 100 points 1v1 and 24 people zerged it in a raid, they would get 100/24 = ~4 points each.

    Break the zerg.
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload