Just a quick question on how the Ettenmoors map sits in relationship to the rest of the world. Lately, I've been wondering if the map was flipped backwards and after a few minutes of research I think I understand it better.
Things we know:
Things that we can conjecture:
- Ettenmoors is north of Trollshaws.
- Ettenmoors is west of Misty Mountains.
- In SOA you could ride from Rivendell to GV. (Implication was it was "uphill" from Rivendell to the northwest.
- Ettenmoors doesnt extend into Angmar. (At least the Eriador map shows a gap there.
- Theres a gate at the back of Grams that goes somewhere to the North East. You can see it go due north and then curve back to the east before the gate renders.
This explains where the Grothem goblins come from, the armored trolls come from, and who built the delving of Fror.
- GV is on the other side of the mountains from Gloins encampment. Its the SE corner of the map even though it feels like the east side.
- The Isendeep area is above and behind (i.e., west) of Helegrod. Theres a bunch of mine not drawn but thats where it should lay out.
- Grams backs up to the Northern High Pass area.
So the simple question is, why isnt Goblintown a PVP instanced area. No extra design needed. Just enable the doors.