We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Making sense of the Ettenmoors map...

Hi,

Just a quick question on how the Ettenmoors map sits in relationship to the rest of the world. Lately, I've been wondering if the map was flipped backwards and after a few minutes of research I think I understand it better.

Things we know:
    • Ettenmoors is north of Trollshaws.
    • Ettenmoors is west of Misty Mountains.
    • In SOA you could ride from Rivendell to GV. (Implication was it was "uphill" from Rivendell to the northwest.
    • Ettenmoors doesnt extend into Angmar. (At least the Eriador map shows a gap there.
    • Theres a gate at the back of Grams that goes somewhere to the North East. You can see it go due north and then curve back to the east before the gate renders.
    Things that we can conjecture:
    • GV is on the other side of the mountains from Gloins encampment. Its the SE corner of the map even though it feels like the east side.
    • The Isendeep area is above and behind (i.e., west) of Helegrod. Theres a bunch of mine not drawn but thats where it should lay out.
    • Grams backs up to the Northern High Pass area.
    This explains where the Grothem goblins come from, the armored trolls come from, and who built the delving of Fror.

So the simple question is, why isnt Goblintown a PVP instanced area. No extra design needed. Just enable the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Teldra View Post
    So the simple question is, why isnt Goblintown a PVP instanced area. No extra design needed. Just enable the doors.
    Because the lag would be horrible?

Actually, it shouldn't be. Goblintown is broken up into little segments already. Im sure you could find places with that would generate bad lag but you find lag other places in the Ettenmoors too.