We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How about this one?!?!?!?

Devs, please make available to Freeps rank 15 in combat brands, in the name of fairness and balance.

Thank you.

Does ANYONE have a problem with this? If so, please give a compelling and rational reason why. Something other than a variation of "All brands are bad and should be removed", "More brands=bad pvp", etc.

This should be interesting.

Please /sign if you support this idea.

NB4

Freeps are too lazy from being OP, and need to learn to play/adapt. Freeps were OP last time now it's creeps turn to be OP.

Sorry if I missed any

Oh, something something SI.

I still feel like I'm missing one, oh well I'm sure I'll be reminded soon enough.

Has anyone seen the movie Groundhog Day?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

That just happened.

Wait... a r15 Freeps Brand isn't incombat :/
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Althorion View Post
    Does ANYONE have a problem with this? If so, please give a compelling and rational reason why. Something other than a variation of "All brands are bad and should be removed", "More brands=bad pvp", etc.
    There have been various ideas around the brand.
    Just because the abuse i've seen as a creep on the brands i feel like it needs to be balanced out/fixes
    I had suggested this very idea, i wouldn't mind it, however players that "depend" on CC will not like it and prefer a nerf.

The all idea to remove the brand is around, but people who payed for keys would be complaining after spending money for an item that's removed from the game.

There are enough ways to fix this making both sides either happy or unhappy

Ex
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000241100/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rhedry View Post
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    I lol'd

I lol'd too!

S'pose I shoulda specified more.

Please make available Rk 15 brands to all freeps regardless of rank, via the same mechanic as creep side.

And yeah, I know, already 10,000 threads about this.

I figure 10,000 more are needed. :/

I lol'd too!

Please make available Rk 15 brands to all freeps regardless of rank, via the same mechanic as creep side.

And yeah, I know, already 10,000 threads about this.

I figure 10,000 more are needed. :/
    Well now that you have clarified....

Yeah as long as the brand is only obtainable in the moors, sure let the freeps have one too. Seems reasonable to me.

While id rather have a different solution then to give both sides the somewhat too strong Brand,it does sound fair to give both sides the option to gain a Brand that way. Only dropping in the Moors ofc.

But balance or fairness in Lotro PvMP? no way..

While I appreciate the idea of the post imo I think both sides having these brands will really harm the Moors more. While I'm not a huge fan of getting grey barred and stunned to death, I feel audacity has helped a lot with it. A lot of classes are designed around CC and if we're going to make brands such a big part of the game those classes need to be redesigned away from the CC focus. Channeling everything to DPS/heals is just as bad as the pre-audacity burglar stun lock down of creeps.
    Edited due to violations of the community guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    NB4
    Freeps are too lazy from being OP, and need to learn to play/adapt. Freeps were OP last time now it's creeps turn to be OP.
    While I agree that Creeps say this way too often, there are freeps that are like that (in reference to lazy from being OP.). As for the "Freeps were OP last time now it's the Creep's turn" I agree and I find it to be a ridiculous statment. Justifying OPness with OPness makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    I lol'd hard. I love that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbananaslug View Post
    While I appreciate the idea of the post imo I think both sides having these brands will really harm the Moors more. While I'm not a huge fan of getting grey barred and stunned to death, I feel audacity has helped a lot with it. A lot of classes are designed around CC and if we're going to make brands such a big part of the game those classes need to be redesigned away from the CC focus. Channeling everything to DPS/heals is just as bad as the pre-audacity burglar stun lock down of creeps.
    This. I'd prefer to see brands gone from the game altogether.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

I was just messin' with ya.

I'm for removing the Mord Brand completely so adding one to Freepside will just make things worse, IMO.

Take the current HH farmfest and then multiply that by 100 and that's what it'll be like if they make it available to Freeps.

Let's get back to focusing on lag/balance/ect... instead of the drama that these Brands have created.
    [IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z434/spance76/thrag_zps674d7c88.jpg[/IMG]

Let's get back to focusing on lag/balance/ect... instead of the drama that these Brands have created.
    Im for moving forward and making lag the number one issue for the moors discussion. That said freeps arent happy, things arent so rosey on that side of the screen so we are going to need to accomedate the QQ. They put up with it at ROI when creeps cried about ridiculous crits/DPS.

The solutions to this problem are simple, but simple isnt something turbine does. Here are a few:

1. Restore the rank gate.

2. Do not allow them to stack with rank brands.

3. Remove brands from both sides including crumbling brands from the store.

4. Implement equal brands on both sides, only obtainable in the moors.

5. Sell them in the store to both sides.

The QQ over the brands is reasonable, a minute immunity from CC seems ridiculous to me. Allowing R6 creeps to use R15 brands is absurd. Allowing one side to do this and the other cannot is balance breaking. Despite my unquenchable desire to tro... interact with freep players I believe the players on the field should determine the outcome. Morale/power pots... OK. Stun pots for 5 seconds, ok.... This mord brand stuff is silly, I farmed this weekend like most creeps. I got my sigils for skins so Im happy. Didnt get a brand drop, would have traded it for stuff had I got one.

Good luck out there and remember, without your continued willingness to die for your cause all this becomes moot.

The QQ over the brands is reasonable, a minute immunity from CC seems ridiculous to me.
    Like someone else said in another thread... from May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Turril View Post
    You want my opinion? Fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with insignia's/brands. 1 min duration is nothing in pvp.
    I tend to agree with this.

But just as Store Brands were stupid during RoI, so are Mord Brands during RoR.

Just go back to one ranked Brand each and all will be fine... at least on this topic.

Didn't get a brand drop, would have traded it for stuff had I got one.
    It's bound so it can't be traded.

As far as I'm concerned, the brands have become too common. Lots of creeps have them now with the increased lootbox drop rates. I think that before they are granted to freeps, in any form, their cooldown should be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Selebrimbor View Post
    While I agree that Creeps say this way too often, there are freeps that are like that (in reference to lazy from being OP.). As for the "Freeps were OP last time now it's the Creep's turn" I agree and I find it to be a ridiculous statment. Justifying OPness with OPness makes no sense.
    Oh heck yeah. Situations reversed freeps will be saying the exact thing, "l2p/adapt" word for word.

I just remembered what I forgot, ezmoder. A fan favorite of everyone.,
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 23 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Like someone else said in another thread... from May 2011

I tend to agree with this.

But just as Store Brands were stupid during RoI, so are Mord Brands during RoR.

Just go back to one ranked Brand each and all will be fine... at least on this topic.

It's bound so it can't be traded.
    I think a minute is to much, but its not impacted my play really. Freepside I usually am a DPS class with minimal CC. I didnt know the brand was bound to account, glad I got the sigils then.

Oh heck yeah. Situations reversed freeps will be saying the exact thing, "l2p/adapt" word for word.

I just remembered what I forgot, ezmoder. A fan favorite of everyone.,
    You also forgot "godmode" perhaps you should roll a mini or warden to refresh your memory.

You also forgot "godmode" perhaps you should roll a mini or warden to refresh your memory.
    Pshh Wardens and Minis are soooo last update...all the cool people are on spider now.
    Last edited by Armitas; Jan 23 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Just make every single freep and creep that enters the moors an automatic rank 15, problem solved!!

How about this one?!?!?!?

Just remove Mord brand, and give a defiler (slime of courage buff) or WL an equivalent to the SI.

Before you would say: Defilers/ WL would be op. Have you ever tried to fight a Water-lore spamming LM?
    Retired from lotro since june '14. Currently kicking other noobs on gw2.

Never mind giving it to anyone else, just remove the bloody thing from the game!

Pshh Wardens and Minis are soooo last update...all the cool people are on spider now.
    haha, touche

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast