We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Durchest Farm is over

Back to skraids if you didn't get a symbol

I don't think the farming is over - you just have to run it at T2. That should be doable for most groups still.

Quote Originally Posted by garetjax8 View Post
    I don't think the farming is over - you just have to run it at T2. That should be doable for most groups still.
    I'm not so sure. The wording is not as clear as it could be:

■Reduced the quality of the regular boss chests for Durchest and the Twins on Tier 1 and Tier 2. They will no longer drop 2nd Age Symbols, among other things. Challenge chests and the Lieutenants chest remain unaffected.
    It's basically saying Durchest and Twins are not dropping symbols, period, tier 1 and tier 2.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoFurriel View Post

It's basically saying Durchest and Twins are not dropping symbols, period, tier 1 and tier 2.

Challenge chests and the Lieutenants chest remain unaffected.
    Pretty clear to me. Pretty much seems like they're stopping Durch t1 farms (thank you!) and actually making an incentive to either run t2c or do a full clear on t1. It's putting the rewards where they should be, and is a change for the better (imo). My only issue is that I think this happened way too late. For the people who weren't clearing t2c before, I don't really see them bothering to go into BG anymore, because they probably have everything they need.

I think your reading it correctly. If you want to get a 2nd age symbol from Durchest or the Twins now you will need to do T2C.
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR="#A52A2A"]Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR="#008000"]Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[I]Dobraine[/I] - [B]Warden[/B] l [I]Dobriana[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B]
    [I]Dobrion[/I] - [B]Burglar[/B] l [I] Dobralia [/I]- [B]Minstrel
    [/B][I]Shiona[/I] -[B] Lore Master [/B] l [I]Dobriel [/I]- [B]Captain[/B]
    [I]Cruxius[/I] - [B]Guardian[/B] l [I]Nephilym[/I] - [B]Warden
    [/B][I]Arcamedes[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B] l [I] Yukiri [/I]- [B]Hunter[/B][/CENTER]

The way I read it is that symbols will not drop if you don't do the challenge mode. Not a bad thing tbh, back to normal I would say. That type of loot should be a reward for a hard job, not for 10 mins of picking your nose since running up to durchest is so boring. As if you need a second ager for casual playing.

So yeah, to get a chance at a symbol you need to complete a t2c run. Which most won't.

Can't wait to start listening to the complaints...

Here's what I think Turbine is doing wrong: it's going from one extreme to the other. It was super easy before and now it will be much harder when in comparison. The result will be angry costumers.

Why not reduce the chance by 50%? Or limit one symbol instead of 3 that I saw in some runs? That would ease the farming without making it seem "impossible" when compared to the faceroll that was before.

PS: I'm not saying I'm not happy with the change. I was actually one of people on these boards to show skepticism the second I saw BG had no locks and symbols were dropping in T1. The thing is, Turbine gave the cheese (and the bread, and the butter, and the ham, and the knife...) to the players, and now is taking almost everything away.

PPS: It doesn't affect me the slighest. I have 3 toons with all their lvl 85 LIs. I'm set for the months to come. But for those who don't raid, this was an alternative to get the best LI the game has to offer. People who I never seen before were actually forming and joining groups. It gave the game a new life as people were/are sick of skraids and running Hytbold dailies. But now it's been taking away.

Just poor timing (should have been done when it launched) imo.

what for me is rediculous is that now it is harder to get an 2nd ager then it was at level 75. BG durchest T2CM takes about 2 1/2 hours. same as running the whole raid on T1.

At level 75 ok there were locks on the dragon but first you got automaticly one symbol when killing the dragon the first time and the dragoich took only 20-40 minutes to take down.

So yeah, to get a chance at a symbol you need to complete a t2c run. Which most won't.

Can't wait to start listening to the complaints...

Here's what I think Turbine is doing wrong: it's going from one extreme to the other. It was super easy before and now it will be much harder when in comparison. The result will be angry costumers.

Why not reduce the chance by 50%? Or limit one symbol instead of 3 that I saw in some runs? That would ease the farming without making it seem "impossible" when compared to the faceroll that was before.

PS: I'm not saying I'm not happy with the change. I was actually one of people on these boards to show skepticism the second I saw BG had no locks and symbols were dropping in T1. The thing is, Turbine gave the cheese (and the bread, and the butter, and the ham, and the knife...) to the players, and now is taking almost everything away.

PPS: It doesn't affect me the slighest. I have 3 toons with all their lvl 85 LIs. I'm set for the months to come. But for those who don't raid, this was an alternative to get the best LI the game has to offer. People who I never seen before were actually forming and joining groups. It gave the game a new life as people were/are sick of skraids and running Hytbold dailies. But now it's been taking away.

Just poor timing (should have been done when it launched) imo.
    I agree with you. I think I would prefer just adding a daily lock (maybe two days to T2 since it's harder). I actually got several kinnies who don't normally join raids to come, and we had a lot of fun. Now there isn't much incentive for them to come unless I can talk them into trying T2-Challenge mode.

Basically what this means is waiting until 2nd Age symbols go back into the skirmish barter camp for a lot of people.

So yeah, to get a chance at a symbol you need to complete a t2c run.
    T1 still has a chance at dropping symbols, you just need to do the entire run through to the last boss, which isn't really hard, it'll just take longer than a quick Durchest run. Imo, this update puts loot right to where it should be (they only did it a month too late....). I know that I'm in a minority, but I'm pretty pleased with this update as a whole. BG t1 will still be a more efficient way to get symbols (t2c is most efficient, by far now). Skirm raid drop rate for symbols is 1/4 (iirc) and t1 lieutenant will probably pull you 2-3 symbols every time. You choose, 8-12 (or 4-6, if you run a certain one) skirm raids, or one BG run (assuming you're just looking for symbols, teal drops are a different matter).

Quote Originally Posted by akkibora View Post
    what for me is rediculous is that now it is harder to get an 2nd ager then it was at level 75. BG durchest T2CM takes about 2 1/2 hours. same as running the whole raid on T1.
    Say what?
    Durch T2C shouldn't take more than 6-8 min more than running him on T1. If you have good dps you could probably do it with only 3 or 4 extra minutes.

Or did you mean something else?
    \\ Galidin \\ Unpossible \\ Rawlor \\
    ...::: Defenders of the Lost Light - Brandywine :::...

An entire BG T2C clear shouldn't take more than 2 hours all together, if your group knows what they're doing. If Durch takes you 2.5 hours, you're doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by xandax View Post
    An entire BG T2C clear shouldn't take more than 2 hours all together, if your group knows what they're doing. If Durch takes you 2.5 hours, you're doing something very wrong.
    He did state first that it was about T2, which makes it a very reasonable amount of time between the random oneshots. Plus most kins (at least on my server) let alone pugs can handle T2 BG. There is also the all important AFKs every 5 minutes, the wipes + having to wait for your healer to run the 5 minutes back, etc.

On T1 with pugs it would even be worse, especially since in pugs they tend to drop after a single wipe for whatever reason, and you have to find more people to replace the ones that dropped. Then you have the reexplain the fight for the 10th time to the new group of people. wipe again because the new people weren't listening...etc.

2 1/2 hours with minimal afk's and having to explain everything for a few times seems reasonable.

Yep once again I'm screwed out of getting in on the farm. I just hit 85 last night so I didn't get into a single raid. So all my friends have second ages and I have no chance of getting one because I don't have 2 1\2 hours to spend on the full raid. Even if I do have time no one is going to be doing it now because pretty much everyone else at cap already has their symbols. So thanks a lot Turbine. You have now eliminated my reason to play.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002846/01004/signature.png]Oleandra[/charsig]

I for one am glad. I was tired of burchest being the only thing anyone ran. Biggest issue for me was I ran out of anything to get that is worth the trouble in the end I ran them because I needed the marks and my kinmates needed symbols. Also from my observation BG was only a slight improvement over skraids on symbol chance. For some classes especially tanks it seemed symbols dropped alot for others not so much. also BG is not your only hope of getting a symbol. There are also skraids which in my opinion give you the best jewelry as well as the symbols. I am really surprised people stopped running them so quickly.

2.5 hours for a single boss... No.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfheart View Post
    Yep once again I'm screwed out of getting in on the farm. I just hit 85 last night so I didn't get into a single raid. So all my friends have second ages and I have no chance of getting one because I don't have 2 1\2 hours to spend on the full raid. Even if I do have time no one is going to be doing it now because pretty much everyone else at cap already has their symbols. So thanks a lot Turbine. You have now eliminated my reason to play.
    Sorry to hear that you missed out. If it's any consolation, I would expect symbols to make an appearance in the skirm camp in the next couple of months. As for people not taking you into groups, if you run into any issues with people who do that, just set yourself to anonymous. My advice would be to farm for some gold to buy a symbol. It's not too difficult to acquire gold now, especially with the lootbox event that is on currently. Farm inside the Hytbold dailies for a few hours, you'll get a few lootboxes and keys, sell them and you should have enough gold for a symbol. If you're really lucky, you'd get an ancient scroll case, which you could use or sell (for about as much, if not more than a symbol). Bugud also still has a chance to drop symbols, it would be a good idea to do that every day, as it only takes a few minutes. One last piece of advice would be to wait a week or two before buying. I'd expect that with the change, people will be trying to sell at an inflated price, and after a week or so, the price should drift down to around what it'll be set for your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfheart View Post
    You don't need to do the whole raid - just do Durchest T2C half a dozen times instead.

Oh, and if your friends aren't willing to run things to help you get your gear, what kind of friends are they?

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    There are also skraids which in my opinion give you the best jewelry as well as the symbols. I am really surprised people stopped running them so quickly.
    That's because this is the second expansion in a row where we have had no choice but to run skirmishes because there are no new/worthwhile instances to run. As soon as people found something else to do, they left skirms because they are so god-awfully boring on top of having already done them all hundreds of time just to see that one piece you need drop once (and then losing the roll to someone who just reached level cap 2 days ago). Skirms aren't fun. They especially aren't fun on a 1 week lock with a bad drop rate.

They only let this sort of farming slide to distract us from the fact that they lied for months about the instance cluster being ready in 2012.

Didn't cost them a thing, except maybe some SLC purchases, and they probably made a gold mine selling empowerment scrolls.

Not sure why they're bothering to stop it. Textbook case of closing the barn door after the horses had bolted.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by keikii View Post
    That's because this is the second expansion in a row where we have had no choice but to run skirmishes because there are no new/worthwhile instances to run. As soon as people found something else to do, they left skirms because they are so god-awfully boring on top of having already done them all hundreds of time just to see that one piece you need drop once (and then losing the roll to someone who just reached level cap 2 days ago). Skirms aren't fun. They especially aren't fun on a 1 week lock with a bad drop rate.
    This! A thousand times this! I was looking at my skirm log on my champion (who's not even my main), he has over 39,000 skirmish lt kills. We had done Durchest hundreds of times on level (BG was out there for a very long time) but I actually found it refreshing to see him again after all those skraids. Also, I've been in dozens of Durchest T1 pug runs, I'd say trying to do T2c with any of those pugs would have been a 90% fail rate. Kin runs take <8 minutes on T1, T2C was ~25 minutes. Pug runs on Landy are about 20 minutes, so extrapolating it to over an hour for pugs would be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCOMAN View Post
    Farm inside the Hytbold dailies for a few hours, you'll get a few lootboxes and keys, sell them and you should have enough gold for a symbol.
    Which dailies would that be? The Defense Of dailies no longer drop any loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    I think he's referring to the ore/scholar/lumber crafting instances. The target quest has a one hour timer, but you can rinse and reset it about 10 times before it clocks out. I use the reset on the ore instance when it pops bears, good place to farm hides...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandgorgan View Post
    I think he's referring to the ore/scholar/lumber crafting instances. The target quest has a one hour timer, but you can rinse and reset it about 10 times before it clocks out. I use the reset on the ore instance when it pops bears, good place to farm hides...
    If you can get in on a wargpens run do that. Hides drop like crazy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    No specific one (other than not trying the "defence of" one, ofc). Ideally though, I think Fangorn would be the best one, but for a reliable one, the mounted Sutcroft one isn't bad either.