We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Challenger of Saruman Fail!

Hi all - I don't know if this is a known issue but I have tried snooping around the forums and couldn't find a similar case...

Last night (Jan 21st) our kinship raided ToO looking for the golden Challenger of Saruman title and after 6-7 hours of toiling and pushing we cleared the whole tower, challenge mode, in one go (Congratulations to Ascension of Arkenstone for this outstanding achievement!)

My problem is the following: 12/12 of the raiders present at the final victory over Saruman got the quest for Saruman T2 Challenge mode cleared, while only 11/12 got the deed for Challenger of Saruman accomplished. I'm the one guy who didn't get the title -.-

I'd like to know if someone out there at Turbine could fix this issue for me or at least explain to me why (Oh why!?) did I have this problem arise. So far I contacted a very polite GM who told me there was nothing he could do about it and asked me to fill in a bug report which I did as well. I tried re-logging into the instance and going out of it and back inside with no success.

My character log at the community page has the event for Saruman T2 Challenge punched in at the time all of my fellow kinmates got the title. We have a screenshot of the victory as we stand with both closed chests at Fangorn's Edge (http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/...Challenger.jpg) and we even frapsed several boss fights and the Saruman clear (I'll try to link the video once my kinmates have it uploaded if I get their consent and if it is necessary as further evidence of my presence at the fight).

On this side of the screen there's a very sad player who has enjoyed this game ever since he laid hands on it. I am trusting that my call for help will be noticed by Turbine and I am expecting some kind of answer soon(ish). I really hope you guys can do something about this and not force me to run this time-taxing challenge again without guarantees of success, all the while taking up some other kinmate's spot in the raid...

Thanks in advance - Annoura of Arkenstone
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000203209/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Gratz on the challenges. I checked your http://my.lotro.com/home/character/a...ra/activitylog and it confirms what you are saying. Looks like you missed Lightning wing but that won't matter, you just need to be present at the end of the Saruman kill to receive the title (assuming that the raid you joined cleared all wings in one session). We ran an alt run through OT T2C on Saturday night and those of us who didn't have the title, got it, including the guy who alted after shadow.

What you should do is go to the devs with activitylog evidence of your character and someone you went with who DID get the title (for example I'm guessing Martus, Flagley, Evanirion..) and ask them to retro reward it. They do that, it just requires some prodding.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard
    Off Peak | Elendilmir[/CENTER]

We had the same problem when we did Challenger of Gortheron way back then. One of the 12 people present simply didn't get the title for whatever reason. We filed bug reports, contacted a GM and provided screenshots of proof, but it all amounted to nothing in the end.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks Wasteland for the quick answer!

I'm pretty noob when it comes to contacting devs since I've never had any major issues like this before... So, do I keep this thread open and wait until a dev swings by and contacts me to retro-reward the title or should I try to send a PM to a community support dev?

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks again for answering - Annoura of Arkenstone

Sorry to hear that Malachi - I hope they listen to my plea this time! (I'd really hate to have my chance at champion title screwed up)
    Last edited by Zartomax; Jan 22 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000203209/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zartomax View Post
    I'm pretty noob when it comes to contacting devs since I've never had any major issues like this before... So, do I keep this thread open and wait until a dev swings by and contacts me to retro-reward the title or should I try to send a PM to a community support dev?
    GM powers have been reduced since I last needed them for something like this; however I would get the activitylog links of your character and one of your co-raiders and submit another in-game ticket to get a GM. Then talk it over with the GM with your proof. They should be able to determine the exact time your friend received the title and hopefully they have the capability to still reward you with the title. It would be annoying to have to submit another bug report for this, but I guess if a GM really doesn't have the will or power to help you then you don't have any other option. It really does suck when things like this happens though, so I hope you get your just rewards!
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Isabaeux[/COLOR][/B] - 2nd rate Captain | [B][COLOR=#ffff00]Falurze[/COLOR][/B] - 3rd rate Guard

I'm really sorry for you, but i don't think a gm will do something. What about redoing it to get you the title too? Should be something very doable since level cap raise.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Burio View Post
    I'm really sorry for you, but i don't think a gm will do something. What about redoing it to get you the title too? Should be something very doable since level cap raise.
    The title they're referring to is the Server First title..

I wish you better luck than our group had with the Gortheron Title's bestowal assistance. (I was one of the fortunate members of Malachi108's group above, our friend...not so lucky...) =/
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    no they are talking about the regular Challenger title.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Serverfirst titel ist Original Challenger of Saruman. The "Challenger of Saruman" is for everyone who do it in one sitting. I know it's annoying but you did one time, you could do a second time, with the level cap raise there isn't much trouble to get this. Sadly they didn't activate title like this with the level cap raise.
    [CENTER][B][SIZE="1"][color="red"]"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." [/color]
    Hunter - Champion - Guardian * [DE]Morthond * [URL="www.kdl-hdro.de"]Krieger des Lichts[/URL][/center][/size][/b]

No, that title is long gone. In fact, the server first title on Arkenstone had to be earned twice because NO ONE got the title on the first completion. Despite all of the same character log evidence, numerous GM requests, and bug reports, nothing was done. We had to do it again the next week. The spiritual victory is still savory even without the tag.

I hope you have better luck on your next run.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Yeah I was meaning the regular Challenger of Saruman title :P

The fact that annoys me the most is that we did the whole concerted effort and I got screwed at the very last of it because of faulty scripting :/

As for trying it again, we're planning to run for the title once again, but we'd like to some class tweaking so that some kinmates get the title on their main toons (several had to switch toons just so we got the right comp.) and I would hate to take up the champ spot again. Besides since the challenge is more endurance-based than strategy-based we scheduled the run for a USA holiday so that most of our raiders could make it to the early kick-off, which I think will be hard to coordinate in the next weeks (else we give it another go on President's Day)...

I'll try to contact another GM with the character log info and will let you know of the result (*Keeps fingers crossed*) - Annoura of Arkenstone

Besides since the challenge is more endurance-based than strategy-based...
    Well, to be blunt, a good basis in strategy can do wonders for not needing the endurance part.
    But right, it's not easy to execute at that level for hours on end. Even at 85 it's still not a walk in the park with a couple of the fights. We still experience this first hand when we have new bodies in F/F. It's a very scripted fight that requires a lot of repetition to get it right.

Grats on your accomplishement, though - title or not.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Smile

Ok - contacted a GM and suggested to look up in the player activity log and... He got me the title! My faith in GMs and Devs is restored! Thanks again guys for posting your suggestions and for your support!

Now I only have to show off my new title every time somebody looks my way! xD - Annoura of Arkenstone

Now I only have to show off my new title every time somebody looks my way! xD - Annoura of Arkenstone
    .. and the best mount in the game (if you didn't already have it). Great result! I knew the GMs still had powers to reward stuff like that. If you're willing to provide them with irrefutable evidence, and you cross your fingers, they will help you.