We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

loottable upcoming raid

Hi there,

does anyone know if the upcoming raid(s) will share the same loottable in T1 & T2 ?
    I hope not, could be the end for all raid interestet players and would make a T2 challenge mode senseless like it is now with BG.
    [url]www.nos-gilde.de[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a00000009937c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The only thing we know about the upcoming part of the IC is that it will be three single boss raids.... that's it. The only people who knows more are the people on Palantir and the devs, and neither are allowed to talk about it. I'd suggest wait until Bullroarer comes up and find out. And no, we do not know exactly when BR will be up either, you just have to wait
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The end for raid interested players happened a while ago.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I doubt the loot-tables will be the same, especially if they're planning on adding FA symbols.

The game is supporting casual players nowadays.

I am expecting same loot tables , with higher teal/gold drop chance in t2.
    T2c will give a second chest with the same loot as the first , it will double your chances for gold recipes/gear and perhaps
    provide a chance for symbol !
    I am also expecting bartering for gear like in orthanc.

And finally , i am expecting bartering for first age symbols too : )
    I've been checking the forums quite often , and the whining by casual players who wanted to get a FA back in orthanc
    was intense! The devs will support them again , not the raiders , because they are more or they just cry more : D

So , it will be something like : 1 6-man , 3 lairs and maybe OD , farm them for seals or w/e and barter stuff.
    Obviously , most will focus on farming the 6-man , cause it will be easier : D

After the new instance cluster , prepare to see threads about 'acquiring end-game gear solo'.
    And by next expansion , unless something changes dramatically , all instances will have a solo mode like skirmishes.

Do i like it ? No , i hate it and i don't believe a dedicated raider and casual players should have the same gear , but this is the way this game will be.

Most likely , 1 year from now i'll be looking for a new game : D
    And no , it ain't a threat or drama or w/e , it's just that this game doesnt reward the player that does the hard content
    anymore.That's pointless , since MMO's should be about grouping and cooperation!

I love this game very much so...
    I hope i am wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    The game is supporting casual players nowadays.
    I am a casula player. I do not need the same gaer a raider is having. I do not WANT it until I earned it! When everybody can gather the same equip there is no challange for me. In the past I could dream of golden equip and FirstAge-Weapons. When I can get this so easily - where are my dreams then? Where is this powerfull feeling when you get a supreme piece of equip? Where is the pride you feel when you managed to complete something you couldnt complete before?

This game is not for casual players,
    this game is for lazy players.

And this makes me even sader (or is it "more sad"?) than a casual-players game would do.
    [IMG]http://lux-hdro.de/generator.php/Espina/2/27/2/2/85/Pogorausch/0/3/0/0/0/1/2/8/8/8/8/8/8.png[/IMG]

i would say it is more likely than not that the loot table will be the same for T1 and T2 because it is the second part of a cluster in which that is already the case. i don't like it either but it is what it is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d123b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    The [url="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"]Noldor[/url] of Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Brutonus View Post
    This game is not for casual players,
    this game is for lazy players.
    I actually agree with you.

Thing is though , there will always be people that whine that they don't have the time to acquire top gear/jewels
    or that the content is too hard , or that 'this is just a game' , or that 'my server has low population and i can't group'
    or that...or that etc

Then someone else will pop up and say , hey , the guy is right , stop being elitist and let everyone have their loot , there
    is nothing wrong with it.

There's been countless threads/discussions like this , especially while orthanc was live.
    The devs finally supported them , since it's easier for them to provide solo or just easy group content.

We've reached the point where every single player in the game has the SAME gear , just by 100% solo play.
    Exception can be a few good teal jewels , but even those , you can buy from AH : D
    Symbols can be acquired from bugud , festival , AH.
    Weapons utility from store , AH , skirmish camp.
    Gold recipe-gated gear acquired by killing landscape mobs.

What's left for instances ? Gold items.. and even those , you can't get unless you are extremely lucky.
    Seen peeps in my kin who play casually getting them on their 3rd run while others being more 'hardcore' , still
    farming for them after 300+ runs.

So , the feeling of achievement for acquiring a gear piece is long gone.
    I doubt it will ever return : D

Sad. Just sad.
    Last edited by BotLike; Jan 23 2013 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    I am also expecting bartering for gear like in orthanc.
    There is one more thing related to that which I expect and fear.

All three 3man instances are scaleable and 'The Road to Erebor' quest line suggests that the further instances are similar. In this case for the first time we are going to have scaled raids, scaled all the way down to lvl20. At present, the challenges in the 3man instances can be done at the lowest level and it counts for the deed. Is it going to be the same with the raids? Can the new raids be completed solo/duo with lvl85 toons in a lvl20 T2C? How will this affect the gear unlocking? Can the raiding groups study the tactics at lower levels to speed up the learning process?

I am afraid, that the answer is 'yes' to all of that.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Kadarka - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    The end for raid interested players happened a while ago.
    And yet they still troll the forums.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]