We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So tell me about wargs

Well the title pretty much says it all. I rolled a reaver and its okay but I am looking for something more. Always liked stealth classes so this seems a good fit. I know wargs stealth but what else? Are they good at DPS, CC, etc? One more question...I have been part of raids where one warg scouts and gives update to the team about freeps and doesnt fight. Is this the standard? I kinda like the idea myself. Anyway thanks in advance for the replies.

Wargs can be a bit of a jack of all trade class. I would describe them as a primary dpser and secondary scout/debuffer.

Shadow stance gives us great dps, but we are quite squishy. Flayer stance gives us a bit more tankiness (although not that much) and a bit of a buff to our debuffing.

Warg's CC consists of sudden pounce (pounce from stealth), crippling bite/pounce combination (chance for knockdown), and tendon shred. So not really much CC, but it's enough.

And yes, if the raid leader is smart, they will have warg scouts out following or finding the freep raid(s). I absolutely love being the scout and it's even better now that there is no infamy max range. So we can be out scouting and not missing out on any kills.

I highly recommend it. Here are some resources about wargs in particular:

http://theartofwarg.wordpress.com/
    http://dailystats.theblackappendage.com/content/warg
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by ratjat View Post
    Well the title pretty much says it all. I rolled a reaver and its okay but I am looking for something more. Always liked stealth classes so this seems a good fit. I know wargs stealth but what else? Are they good at DPS, CC, etc? One more question...I have been part of raids where one warg scouts and gives update to the team about freeps and doesnt fight. Is this the standard? I kinda like the idea myself. Anyway thanks in advance for the replies.
    Wargs can do pretty good DPS when traited, the problem is you give up defense and well you can burn fast in the freepball. CC gets better as you rank, nothing to write home about but incoming damage modifiers and skill delay modifiers are nice. Scouting is key on certain servers, if your running on BW, E, Melendor, Ridder the large to medium servers chances are someone is going to call it out in OOC. Small server? Scouting is key.

The best part about a warg is, it always has value because of stealth. Stealth is the most powerful skill in the game IMHO, it comes at a price but the trade off is worth it.